Manhattan Nursing and Rehabilitation Center is a senior living facility located in Jackson, Mississippi. This city has a population of 175,127 people. This facility received an overall grade of D in our grading scheme. Jackson received a city grade of B-, so there are some other options in the city worth considering. The only positive thing we can say about this place is that it did not receive any F's in any of the categories we assessed. Additional information about these categories is available below.
Manhattan Nursing and Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
We gave this facility a B- for long-term care, which was definitely better than its overall grade. Long-term care ratings are based in part on a facility's amount of care. This means a vast scope of personal care services, ranging from help with activities of daily living to routine healthcare services. After assessing the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then analyzed the facility's vaccination data. This facility vaccinated 98.260864 percent of its residents against pneumonia, which is more than most nursing homes. This nursing home was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0.03 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
We awarded this place a middle of the road grade of C for inspections. We believe that one of the most important factors in evaluating an inspection report is deficiencies. In this regard, we especially focus on the severity of the deficiencies. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Unfortunately, we also need to draw your attention to the fact that this facility received significant government fines in recent years.
Does this page answer your questions about Manhattan Nursing and Rehabilitation Center?
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to the area of short-term care, this nursing home was given just a D in this area. In the category of short-term care, we seek to assess indicators of a nursing home's rehabilitation. We analyze a nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses and physical and occupational therapists. With a score this poor for this category, we weren't surprised to learn that this nursing home was well below average in multiple staffing areas we looked at. It offered substantially fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than most other facilities. The last item we considered in this area is the percentage of residents who were able to return home from the facility. This nursing home struggled quite a bit in this area as well, with just 5.1 percent of its residents returning home.
This nursing home's least impressive area was nursing, which is the final category we analyzed. In this area, we awarded this nursing home a D. Our nursing grade includes several subcategories. The most heavily weighted factor is the amount of time nurses spend with patients. This facility averaged just 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a very low total compared to most nursing homes. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in computing our nursing ratings. This facility fared well when it comes to minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Manhattan Nursing and Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Manhattan Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 10.72% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of patients who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage due to staying in one position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Manhattan Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 3.26% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of residents that have had a fall which resulted in severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Manhattan Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 3.03% of Patients had UTIs
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. Although more of these infections could reflect poorly on a facility's hygiene protocols, it can be problematic to compare different nursing homes due to facilities having differing reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Manhattan Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 20.18% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients given antipsychotic drugs. These drugs are used for treating a variety of medical conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Manhattan Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 22.76% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are given to residents experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Manhattan Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 2.3% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care patients showing depressive symptoms. Some experts would argue this is a measure of resident quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Manhattan Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 93.75% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients who were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for seniors, making these vaccines vital to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Manhattan Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 18.95% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of residents that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with ADL's may indicate the erosion of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Manhattan Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 20.82% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of patients who remained mobile levels over time. Preserving mobility can be a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Manhattan Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 1.95 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of care. There is typically a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Manhattan Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 20.82 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Manhattan Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 13.63 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Manhattan Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 69.18% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term care residents that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of performance with activities of daily living usually correlates with higher quality rehabilitation.
Scores for Jackson, MS
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Jackson, Mississippi has 9 other nursing homes
- St Dominic-Jackson Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.49 miles away969 Lakeland Dr Jackson Mississippi 39216Voluntary non-profit - Church(601) 200-2000
- University of Mississippi Med CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.05 miles away2500 N State St Jackson Mississippi 39216Government - State(601) 984-4100
- Mississippi Baptist Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.02 miles away1225 N State St Jackson Mississippi 39202Voluntary non-profit - Private(601) 968-1000
- Merit Health River OaksAcute Care Hospitals 3.59 miles away1030 River Oaks Drive Flowood Mississippi 39232Proprietary(601) 932-1030
- Brentwood Behavioral Healthcare of MsPsychiatric 3.64 miles away3531 East Lakeland Drive Flowood Mississippi 39232Proprietary(601) 936-2024
- Merit Health CentralAcute Care Hospitals 7.41 miles away1850 Chadwick Dr Jackson Mississippi 39204Proprietary(601) 376-1000
- Merit Health RankinAcute Care Hospitals 8.53 miles away350 Crossgates Blvd Brandon Mississippi 39042Proprietary(601) 825-2811
- Merit Health MadisonAcute Care Hospitals 16.35 miles away161 River Oaks Drive Canton Mississippi 39046Proprietary(601) 855-4000
- Fmc Jackson1.36 miles away381 Medical Drive Jackson Mississippi 39216CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 38 (601) 981-9652
- Isd Renal Inc2.14 miles away571 Beasley Rd Suite a (in-Center Care) Jackson Mississippi 39206CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 46 (601) 957-1999
- Fresenius Medical Care Southwest Jackson Home2.75 miles away1421 N State Street Suite 501 Jackson Mississippi 39202Dialysis Stations: 2 (601) 292-1545
- Medical Mall Dialysis2.75 miles away350 W. Woodrow Wilson Md-224 Jackson Mississippi 39213Dialysis Stations: 48 (601) 815-6345
- Bio-Medical Applications of Mississippi, Inc.3.53 miles away656 North State Street Jackson Mississippi 39202Dialysis Stations: 10 (601) 944-0151
- Isd Renal Inc6.39 miles away1015 I-20 Frontage Rd Jackson Mississippi 39204CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 35 (601) 373-9154
- Fmc Southwest Jackson7.47 miles away1856 Hospital Drive Jackson Mississippi 39204CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (601) 371-2896
- Isd Renal Inc8.14 miles away1828 Raymond Road Jackson Mississippi 39204CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (601) 373-7897