Majestic Gardens at Memphis Rehab & Skilled Nursing Center is a large facility located in Memphis, Tennessee. We awarded this nursing home an overall grade of D. A score of this caliber generally suggests a few concerning datapoints. Keep in mind that Memphis received a city grade of B-, so should look at some other options in the city as well. Despite all this, one of the few highlights of this nursing home's profile is its impressive inspection grade. You can continue reading to find out about inspections and other category scores
Majestic Gardens at Memphis Rehab & Skilled Nursing Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Diabetes Management
- Respiratory Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
While we were not high on this facility overall, we awarded it a grade of B+ for our inspections rating. This score is much better than the nursing home's overall score. Inspection scores take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these issues by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This particular nursing home received 7 deficiencies on its inspection report. Overall, this is still a solid inspection report, but we'd always recommend looking into any deficiencies you find troubling.
Long-term Care Quality
This facilities second best category was long-term care. We awarded it a grade of B- in this area. This is essentially a slightly below average grade in this area. For residents in need of a permanent residence rather than rehabilitation, long-term care is an important category. After we finished looking at the quantity of nursing care, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination statistics. We were a bit alarmed this facility vaccinated just 85.06224 percent of its residents against pneumonia. On a more positive note, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Majestic Gardens at Memphis Rehab & Skilled Nursing Center?
We also wanted to draw your attention to this facility's poor nursing grade where it received an F. In computing our nursing scores, we weigh both the number of hours nurses spend with residents and the skill levels of those nurses. With only 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident each day, this facility's nurse staffing levels were well below the national average. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in computing our nursing grades. This facility fared well in the area of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls.
Short-term Care Quality
Moving on to our fourth area, this nursing home really didn't fare very well in this category either. With an abysmal grade of F in short-term care, this is about as as uninspiring as it gets. With our short-term care rating, we seek to create a valuable measure for rehabilitation. In doing so, we analyze the facility's scope of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as occupational therapy. With its poor rating in this area, we were not surprised to find that this facility provides far fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than most other nursing homes. Lastly, we assessed the number of residents who ultimately returned home from this nursing home. This facility didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 4.5 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home. This figure was well off the national average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Majestic Gardens at Memphis Rehab & Skilled Nursing Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Majestic Gardens at Memphis Rehab & Skilled Nursing Center, 9.06% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure indicates the percent of long-term residents who have new or worsened pressure ulcers or bed sores. We factor in this statistic in computing both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Majestic Gardens at Memphis Rehab & Skilled Nursing Center, 3.4% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of patients who have had a major fall. Falls leading to severe injury are routinely associated with poor nursing care. Better nursing protocols limits the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Majestic Gardens at Memphis Rehab & Skilled Nursing Center, 3.28% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of patients that suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections could be associated with insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Majestic Gardens at Memphis Rehab & Skilled Nursing Center, 15.49% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic medications are prescribed to residents for many conditions, such as dementia. Tragically, in some situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate that a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Majestic Gardens at Memphis Rehab & Skilled Nursing Center, 29.7% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of residents who were given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are prescribed to residents experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Majestic Gardens at Memphis Rehab & Skilled Nursing Center, 8.67% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Majestic Gardens at Memphis Rehab & Skilled Nursing Center, 89.63% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term residents who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Majestic Gardens at Memphis Rehab & Skilled Nursing Center, 16.71% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and eating.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Majestic Gardens at Memphis Rehab & Skilled Nursing Center, 26.22% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of patients who maintained mobility over time. Optimizing mobility is often a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Majestic Gardens at Memphis Rehab & Skilled Nursing Center, 1.21 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. There is generally a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and the overall quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Majestic Gardens at Memphis Rehab & Skilled Nursing Center, 26.22 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Majestic Gardens at Memphis Rehab & Skilled Nursing Center, 11.37 Percentage of Patients
This metric tracks the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Majestic Gardens at Memphis Rehab & Skilled Nursing Center, 72.9% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term care patients who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of performance with ADL's usually correlates with superior rehabilitation.
Scores for Memphis, TN
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Memphis, Tennessee has 20 other nursing homes
- Methodist Healthcare Memphis HospitalsAcute Care Hospitals 1.32 miles away1265 Union Ave Suite 700 Memphis Tennessee 38104Voluntary non-profit - Church(901) 516-8274
- Memphis Mental Health InstitutePsychiatric 1.89 miles away951 Court Avenue Memphis Tennessee 38103Government - Local(901) 577-1800
- Regional One HealthAcute Care Hospitals 1.98 miles away877 Jefferson Avenue Memphis Tennessee 38103Government - Hospital District or Authority(901) 545-7928
- Delta Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.18 miles away3000 Getwell Rd Memphis Tennessee 38118Proprietary(901) 369-8100
- Baptist Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.69 miles away6019 Walnut Grove Road Memphis Tennessee 38120Voluntary non-profit - Private(901) 226-5000
- St Francis HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.95 miles away5959 Park Ave Memphis Tennessee 38119Proprietary(901) 765-1000
- Saint Francis Bartlett Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.94 miles away2986 Kate Bond Rd Memphis Tennessee 38133Proprietary(901) 820-7050
- Crestwyn Behavioral HealthPsychiatric 15.64 miles away9485 Crestwyn Hills Cove Memphis Tennessee 38125Proprietary(901) 457-5667
- Davita Memphis Downtown0.47 miles away2076 Union Avenue Memphis Tennessee 38104CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (901) 725-1169
- Fmc Memphis Midtown0.69 miles away2225 Union Avenue Suite 200 Memphis Tennessee 38104CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (901) 725-7586
- Isd Renal Inc0.95 miles away1331 Union Avenue, Ste. 101 Memphis Tennessee 38104CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 40 (901) 278-5400
- Fmc Memphis1.03 miles away1428 Monroe Avenue Memphis Tennessee 38104CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 33 (901) 272-8683
- Satellite Healthcare of Poplar Avenue LLC1.19 miles away1333 Poplar Ave Memphis Tennessee 38104CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (901) 725-0482
- Isd Renal Inc1.48 miles away1166 Monroe Avenue Memphis Tennessee 38104CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (901) 722-2012
- Satellite Healthcare Chickasaw Gardens, LLC1.98 miles away2980 Poplar Ave Suite 102 Memphis Tennessee 38111Dialysis Stations: 25 (901) 531-8850
- Memphis Central Dialysis2.05 miles away889 Dr. M. L. King Jr. Ave Memphis Tennessee 38126CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (901) 525-1719