Majestic Gardens at Memphis Rehab & Skilled Nursing Center is a large facility located in Memphis, Tennessee. With a abysmal overall grade of F, this nursing home didn't fare well in our assessment. We ranked this as one of the five worst rated nursing homes in Memphis. With countless other facilities in the city, you should be able to do better. Finally, we were surprised to learn that this facility received a decent score in the area of nursing. We provide additional information on this category below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Majestic Gardens at Memphis Rehab & Skilled Nursing Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
131 N Tucker,
Memphis TN 38104
78.34% estimated occupancy 1
Note: Majestic Gardens at Memphis Rehab & Skilled Nursing Center has been flagged for abuse in the past 12 months. We have capped this facility's overall grade accordingly.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Diabetes Management
- Respiratory Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
Although we gave this facility a terrible overall grade, we gave it a B- for our nursing rating. In calculating our nursing ratings, we assess both the number of hours nurses spend with residents and the skill levels of those nurses. This nursing home averages just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a very low figure. Finally, despite not having the highest total nursing hours per resident, this nursing home actually performed admirably in the metric of preventing major falls. This is generally a reliable indicator that a place has quality controls in place.
Long-term Care Quality
We gave this facility a grade of just D for our long-term care rating and that actually wound up as its second most favorable score. Nursing homes that do not score well in this category often do not provide as much nursing care and also may be lagging in a few of the areas of routine medical care we assessed. One of the criteria we considered in addition to nurse's aid hours is vaccines. Candidly, we were a bit worried that this nursing home administered the pneumonia vaccine to a relatively low 58.84058 percent of its residents. Surprisingly, this facility was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this facility has less hospitalizations than many nursing homes. This was its best score in this category.
Does this page answer your questions about Majestic Gardens at Memphis Rehab & Skilled Nursing Center?
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home's second lowest category was short-term care, where it earned just a D in that category. This is a relatively poor grade. Our short-term care ratings are meaningful for prospective residents seeking rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually utilizes higher levels of highly-skilled nursing. This includes a wide scope of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. Considering its grade in this area, we were not stunned to learn that this nursing home is well below average in terms of its number of registered nurse and physical therapy hours provided to its residents based on the figures we assessed. Frankly, this was about what we expected here. Lastly, we looked at the percentage of residents who who were able to eventually return home from this facility. This facility didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 5.4 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
The final category we assessed is inspections. Unfortunately, this facility didn't receive glowing government inspection reports in recent years. As a result, we had to give it an F in this category. For facilities with poor inspection scores, you should focus on any severe deficiencies found on their recent inspection reports. This facility was assessed one category G through L deficiency, which rank among the more serious deficiencies. This generally indicates that the deficiencies uncovered by CMS had the potential to pose actual harm to residents. In addition to having severe deficiencies, this nursing home was cited by CMS for possible abuse or neglect. This is generally a really bad sign. We would never recommend this facility.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Majestic Gardens at Memphis Rehab & Skilled Nursing Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Majestic Gardens at Memphis Rehab & Skilled Nursing Center, 8.88% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of residents that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage caused by staying in one position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Majestic Gardens at Memphis Rehab & Skilled Nursing Center, 3.29% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients that suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injury are often caused by poor nursing care. Closer supervision minimizes the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Majestic Gardens at Memphis Rehab & Skilled Nursing Center, 3.08% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of residents that have had a urinary tract infection. These infections could be linked to poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Majestic Gardens at Memphis Rehab & Skilled Nursing Center, 15.67% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint tells you the percent of long-term stay patients receiving antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In limited cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Majestic Gardens at Memphis Rehab & Skilled Nursing Center, 29.74% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of patients prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety medications are administered to residents suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Majestic Gardens at Memphis Rehab & Skilled Nursing Center, 9.14% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents who are demonstrating symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Majestic Gardens at Memphis Rehab & Skilled Nursing Center, 88.31% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients that were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Majestic Gardens at Memphis Rehab & Skilled Nursing Center, 17.11% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and continence.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Majestic Gardens at Memphis Rehab & Skilled Nursing Center, 20.35% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percentage of long-term residents that maintained mobility.
In Majestic Gardens at Memphis Rehab & Skilled Nursing Center, 1.4 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Majestic Gardens at Memphis Rehab & Skilled Nursing Center, 20.35 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Majestic Gardens at Memphis Rehab & Skilled Nursing Center, 11.68 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Majestic Gardens at Memphis Rehab & Skilled Nursing Center, 74.44% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of short-term patients who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Some experts believe that this is a reasonable measure of rehabilitation services.
Scores for Memphis, TN
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Memphis, Tennessee has 12 other nursing homes
- Methodist Healthcare Memphis HospitalsAcute Care Hospitals 1.32 miles away1265 Union Ave Suite 700 Memphis Tennessee 38104Voluntary non-profit - Church(901) 516-8274
- Memphis Mental Health InstitutePsychiatric 1.89 miles away951 Court Avenue Memphis Tennessee 38103Government - Local(901) 577-1800
- Regional One HealthAcute Care Hospitals 1.98 miles away877 Jefferson Avenue Memphis Tennessee 38103Government - Hospital District or Authority(901) 545-7928
- Delta Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.18 miles away3000 Getwell Rd Memphis Tennessee 38118Proprietary(901) 369-8100
- Baptist Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.69 miles away6019 Walnut Grove Road Memphis Tennessee 38120Voluntary non-profit - Private(901) 226-5000
- St Francis HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.95 miles away5959 Park Ave Memphis Tennessee 38119Proprietary(901) 765-1000
- Saint Francis Bartlett Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.94 miles away2986 Kate Bond Rd Memphis Tennessee 38133Proprietary(901) 820-7050
- Crestwyn Behavioral HealthPsychiatric 15.64 miles away9485 Crestwyn Hills Cove Memphis Tennessee 38125Proprietary(901) 457-5667
- Davita Memphis Downtown0.47 miles away2076 Union Avenue Memphis Tennessee 38104CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (901) 725-1169
- Fmc Memphis Midtown0.69 miles away2225 Union Avenue Suite 200 Memphis Tennessee 38104CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (901) 725-7586
- Isd Renal Inc0.95 miles away1331 Union Avenue, Ste. 101 Memphis Tennessee 38104CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 40 (901) 278-5400
- Fmc Memphis1.03 miles away1428 Monroe Avenue Memphis Tennessee 38104CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 33 (901) 272-8683
- Satellite Healthcare of Poplar Avenue LLC1.19 miles away1333 Poplar Ave Memphis Tennessee 38104CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (901) 725-0482
- Isd Renal Inc1.48 miles away1166 Monroe Avenue Memphis Tennessee 38104CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (901) 722-2012
- Satellite Healthcare Chickasaw Gardens, LLC1.98 miles away2980 Poplar Ave Suite 102 Memphis Tennessee 38111Dialysis Stations: 25 (901) 531-8850
- Memphis Central Dialysis2.05 miles away889 Dr. M. L. King Jr. Ave Memphis Tennessee 38126CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (901) 525-1719