Maison De'ville Nursing Home of Harvey is an average-sized nursing home in Harvey, Louisiana. With a really poor overall grade of F, this facility isn't high on our list. At the end of the day, you would be better off to avoid of this place. If you aren't deterred by this nursing home's report card, feel free to continue reading to find out about its category grades. We discuss inspections in the next paragraph.
Maison De'ville Nursing Home of Harvey
- Nursing Home
Updated Nov 1, 2021 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
Although we gave this facility a terrible overall grade, we gave it a grade of A- for our inspections score. This grade is far more impressive than the facility's overall grade. Perhaps the most significant factor we consider in calculating our inspection grades is deficiencies. Deficiencies can be found on a facility's recent inspection reports. It is typically best to avoid places that have a long list of deficiencies. While this facility had a few deficiencies on its inspection report, none were major deficiencies based on CMS' deficiency scale. A couple minor deficiencies are not necessarily the end of the world.
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to the category of long-term care, this nursing home was awarded just a D in that category. As it turns out, this wound up being one of its best areas. Nursing homes that receive this type of score in this category likely don't provide the type of consistent 24/7 care that some other facilities provide. After considering the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we turned to the facility's vaccination record. We were a bit worried that this facility vaccinated 77.48538 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is quite a bit lower than average. To our surprise, this place was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0.06 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this nursing home has less hospitalizations than the average nursing home. This is its best score in this category.
Does this page answer your questions about Maison De'ville Nursing Home of Harvey?
We also wanted to draw your attention to this facility's poor nursing grade where it received an F. Nursing ratings are based largely on quantity of nursing care available. This nursing home averaged only 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient on a daily basis. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in calculating our nursing grades. This facility performed well when it comes to avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these statistics to be reliable indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
Moving on to the final category, this facility really did not fare well here either. Due to a very poor grade of F in short-term care, this is just about as bad as it gets. Short-term care grades are important for patients requiring rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically utilizes more highly-skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes a wide range of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. Not surprisingly, we found that this nursing home provides far less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than the average facility. Lastly, we looked at the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that just 3.6 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Maison De'ville Nursing Home of Harvey Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Maison De'ville Nursing Home of Harvey, 9.76% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric tells you the percent of long-term residents which suffered from pressure ulcers or bed sores. We use this statistic in calculating both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Maison De'ville Nursing Home of Harvey, 3.46% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure measures the percentage of long-term residents who sustained a fall which resulted in severe injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries may be an indicator of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Maison De'ville Nursing Home of Harvey, 2.79% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients that have had a urinary tract infection. These infections are linked to poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Maison De'ville Nursing Home of Harvey, 16.28% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric gauges the percent of long-term care residents that are prescribed antipsychotic medication. Increased usage of these drugs may mean that a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior in scenarios where such medications are not medically required. Nevertheless, some nursing homes may need to rely on these medications due to an increased number of patients with Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Maison De'ville Nursing Home of Harvey, 22.6% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients who were prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are administered to residents suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Maison De'ville Nursing Home of Harvey, 1.48% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients demonstrating symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Maison De'ville Nursing Home of Harvey, 89.54% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Maison De'ville Nursing Home of Harvey, 17.84% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and bathing. Many in the industry would argue that this is a measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Maison De'ville Nursing Home of Harvey, 15.38% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of residents that remained mobile levels over time. Retaining mobility is usually a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Maison De'ville Nursing Home of Harvey, 2.05 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Maison De'ville Nursing Home of Harvey, 15.38 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Maison De'ville Nursing Home of Harvey, 12.77 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
- West Jefferson Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.57 miles away1101 Medical Center Blvd Marrero Louisiana 70072Voluntary non-profit - Private(504) 347-5511
- Touro InfirmaryAcute Care Hospitals 1.83 miles away1401 Foucher Street New Orleans Louisiana 70115Voluntary non-profit - Private(504) 897-8247
- Childrens HospitalChildrens 3.31 miles away200 Henry Clay Ave New Orleans Louisiana 70118Voluntary non-profit - Private(504) 899-9511
- Tulane Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.51 miles away1415 Tulane Ave New Orleans Louisiana 70112Voluntary non-profit - Private(504) 988-5263
- University Medical Center New OrleansAcute Care Hospitals 3.92 miles away2000 Canal Street New Orleans Louisiana 70112Voluntary non-profit - Private(504) 903-3000
- Ochsner Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.83 miles away1516 Jefferson Hwy New Orleans Louisiana 70121Voluntary non-profit - Private(504) 842-3000
- St Bernard Parish HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.37 miles away8000 West Judge Perez Drive Chalmette Louisiana 70043Government - Hospital District or Authority(504) 826-9500
- East Jefferson General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.86 miles away4200 Houma Blvd Metairie Louisiana 70006Government - Hospital District or Authority(504) 454-4000
- Fmcna - Gretna1.43 miles away959 Behrman Hgwy Gretna Louisiana 70056Dialysis Stations: 17 (504) 391-1041
- Fmcna - Marrero1.49 miles away7325 Westbank Expressway Marrero Louisiana 70072Dialysis Stations: 23 (504) 348-1845
- New Orleans Kidney Ctr1.81 miles away3434 Prytania Ste 200 New Orleans Louisiana 70115CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (504) 899-8414
- Fmcna - Westbank1.93 miles away5301 Westbank Expwy Marrero Louisiana 70072Dialysis Stations: 12 (504) 340-8577
- Davita - Marrero Dialysis Center2.09 miles away1908 Jutland Dr Harvey Louisiana 70058CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (504) 347-6224
- Davita - Oakwood Dialysis2.19 miles away148 Hector Ave Gretna Louisiana 70056Dialysis Stations: 12 (504) 376-1603
- Davita - New Orleans Uptown Dialysis2.33 miles away1401 Foucher St 4th Fl-Dialysis Unit New Orleans Louisiana 70115CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (504) 897-8530
- Fmcna - Barataria2.44 miles away1849 Barataria Blvd Ste A Marrero Louisiana 70072Dialysis Stations: 23 (504) 347-4228