With an address in Inman, South Carolina, Magnolia Manor - Inman is one of five facilities there. This facility received an uninspiring overall grade of D based on the data we looked at. Based on our assessment, we would be very reluctant to recommend this facility. More information on this facility's category grades is available below. Its best category was long-term care, which is discussed in the next paragraph.
Magnolia Manor - Inman
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
While this facility's overall grade was not a highlight, it actually earned a very good score in long-term care. In fact, we gave it a B+ for that category, which is one of our better scores. If you are looking for anything other than rehabilitation, you should take a close look at each nursing home's long-term care scores. One of the criteria we considered on top of nurse's aid hours is vaccines. This nursing home provided the pneumonia vaccine to 59.642857 percent of its patients. While its vaccination rate was a bit lower than we had hoped, we were pleased to find place was able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Remarkably, this facility actually received a good grade in the area of inspections as well. In fact, we gave it a B for that category, which is one of our better grades. Not many nursing homes that were this poor overall received multiple category grades of this caliber. Our inspection grades are tied to pieces of information found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Deficiencies are a key thing to look for on these reports. Most importantly, you should avoid facilities with severe deficiencies linked to endangerment of patients. This particular nursing home received 7 deficiencies on its inspection report. Overall, this is still a solid inspection report, but we'd always recommend looking into any deficiencies you find troubling.
Does this page answer your questions about Magnolia Manor - Inman?
Unfortunately, this facility only received a grade of D for its nursing grade, which was actually one of its better category grades. The nursing grade weighs many datapoints. The most heavily weighted variable is the quantity of hours nurses spent with patients. With just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident each day, this place's nurse staffing levels were significantly below the national average. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home fared well in terms of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers.
Short-term Care Quality
Switching gears to the last area, this nursing home really did not perform well here either. Due to a rock bottom grade of F in short-term care, this is just about as as uninspiring as it gets. Our short-term care grades are presumably most meaningful for residents in need of rehabilitation from their nursing home. Rehabilitation typically utilizes higher levels of skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes not merely nursing, but also physical and speech therapy, as well as other forms of therapy. Not surprisingly, we found that this nursing home provides far less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than the average facility. Lastly, we looked at the number of patients that ultimately returned home from this facility. This nursing home didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 4.2 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Magnolia Manor - Inman Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Magnolia Manor - Inman, 9.68% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure is an indication of the percent of long-term residents that have new or worsened pressure ulcers. We've found that pressure ulcers are an indicator of the quality of nursing care a facility provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Magnolia Manor - Inman, 3.49% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of long-term patients that experienced a fall resulting in serious injury. We use this statistic in computing nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Magnolia Manor - Inman, 3.26% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents that sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections are linked to poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Magnolia Manor - Inman, 14.92% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of patients who were given antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic drugs are given to patients for a variety of medical conditions, including cognitive disorders. Tragically, in limited situations, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest that a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Magnolia Manor - Inman, 19.83% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint indicates the percentage of long-term care residents receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Magnolia Manor - Inman, 2.74% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who are showing symptoms of depression. Increased levels of depression may indicate worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Magnolia Manor - Inman, 88.77% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients that were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for seniors, making these types of vaccines critical to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Magnolia Manor - Inman, 14.72% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living may indicate the erosion of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Magnolia Manor - Inman, 22.47% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents who retained mobility levels.
In Magnolia Manor - Inman, 1.55 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint measures the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. Minimizing hospitalizations is important to the physical well-being of nursing home residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Magnolia Manor - Inman, 22.47 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Magnolia Manor - Inman, 12.88 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Magnolia Manor - Inman, 72.67% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term stay patients who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of performance with activities of daily living typically correlates with successful rehabilitation.
Scores for Inman, SC
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Inman, South Carolina has 4 other nursing homes
- Spartanburg Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.66 miles away101 E Wood St Spartanburg South Carolina 29303Government - Hospital District or Authority(864) 560-6554
- Prisma Health Greer Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.94 miles away830 South Buncombe Road Greer South Carolina 29650Voluntary non-profit - Private(864) 848-8200
- Pelham Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.11 miles away250 Westmoreland Road Greer South Carolina 29651Government - Hospital District or Authority(864) 560-6554
- St Lukes HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 15.67 miles away101 Hospital Drive Columbus North Carolina 28722Voluntary non-profit - Private(828) 894-3311
- Prisma Health Greenville Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19.54 miles away905 Verdae Blvd Suite 102 Greenville South Carolina 29605Voluntary non-profit - Private(864) 455-7000
- Dialysis Newco, Inc.5.81 miles away208 Holly Springs Road Lyman South Carolina 29365Dialysis Stations: 13 (864) 439-2138
- Carolina Dialysis LLC6.38 miles away115 Interstate Park Spartanburg South Carolina 29303Dialysis Stations: 20 (864) 576-9999
- Dci West Spartanburg7.48 miles away105 Tradd Street Spartanburg South Carolina 29301CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (864) 574-8828
- Wofford Dialysis8.07 miles away8024 White Ave Spartanburg South Carolina 29303Dialysis Stations: 14 (864) 583-4798
- Dci Spartanburg9.64 miles away203 Freemont Avenue Spartanburg South Carolina 29303CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 43 (864) 585-2046
- Dialysis Clinic Inc Landrum10.9 miles away110 Asbury Drive Landrum South Carolina 29356Dialysis Stations: 13 (864) 457-2435
- Dci East Spartanburg11.28 miles away155 Dillon Drive Spartanburg South Carolina 29307Dialysis Stations: 35 (864) 585-4840
- Spartanburg Dialysis, LLC11.42 miles away128 Dillon Dr Spartanburg South Carolina 29307Dialysis Stations: 24 (864) 587-1507