Madonna Manor Nursing Home is a large non-profit nursing home located in North Attleboro, Massachusetts. This facility appears to be among the more impressive facilities we assessed. A grade of this caliber requires high-end scores across the board. In fact, we ranked this facility in the top third of all nursing homes in the nation. If you look further down this page, you can see this nursing home's category scores, which are also impressive.
Madonna Manor Nursing Home
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Other
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
Registered Staff Hours
One of the reasons this place received a great overall grade is that it earned an impressive nursing score. In this area, we gave this facility an A. Our nursing score is largely based on a nursing home's nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well when it comes to avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
Adding to its high-end profile, this facility also received a strong long-term care score, with a score of A-. For prospective patients seeking a permanent place to live rather than skilled nursing, long-term care is a very important category. After looking at the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we next considered the facility's vaccination statistics. This nursing home vaccinated 82.85714 percent of its residents against pneumonia, which is slightly lower than we were hoping for but still a decent percentage. Although its vaccination rate was a bit lower than we like to see, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Madonna Manor Nursing Home?
Adding to its impressive category grades, we awarded this nursing home a grade of B+ for our inspections rating. Inspection grades take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these items by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
The next area we graded was this facility's weakest area. Nevertheless, even its weakest link would be a strength for many facilities. We gave it a strong grade of B for short-term care. Short-term care grades are generally employed to grade a facility's performance with rehabilitation. To have highly rated rehabilitation services, facilities generally must offer better levels of skilled nursing services. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, respiratory therapists and other highly skilled individuals. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. However, according to the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last metric we considered in this area is the number of residents that ultimately returned home from the nursing home. We found that 4.3 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Madonna Manor Nursing Home Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Madonna Manor Nursing Home, 6.44% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are routinely caused by patients staying in one position for too long. Better nursing protocols limits the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Madonna Manor Nursing Home, 3.62% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure is an indication of the percent of long-term patients that experienced a fall resulting in serious injury. We use this statistic in calculating our nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Madonna Manor Nursing Home, 2.45% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents who have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered to be a barometer of nursing care . UTI's are often associated with a facility with lower levels of hygiene. However, this statistic could be misleading for some facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Madonna Manor Nursing Home, 18.96% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of patients who were given antipsychotic drugs. These drugs may be used for several conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Madonna Manor Nursing Home, 18.8% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic indicates the percentage of long-term residents receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Madonna Manor Nursing Home, 1.95% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care patients who are demonstrating depressive symptoms. Many argue that this is a measure of patient quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Madonna Manor Nursing Home, 91.63% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients that were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Madonna Manor Nursing Home, 15.18% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Madonna Manor Nursing Home, 19.01% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of patients that retained mobility levels over time. Preserving mobility is often a great sign for residents' health.
In Madonna Manor Nursing Home, 1.24 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of care. There is usually a correlation between staying out of the hospital and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Madonna Manor Nursing Home, 19.01 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Madonna Manor Nursing Home, 10.9 Percentage of Patients
This metric tracks the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Madonna Manor Nursing Home, 71.03% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percentage of short-term residents that experienced functional improvements.
- Sturdy Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.07 miles away211 Park Street Attleboro Massachusetts 02703Voluntary non-profit - Other(508) 222-5200
- Landmark Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.41 miles away115 Cass Avenue Woonsocket Rhode Island 02895Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 769-4100
- The Miriam HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.94 miles away164 Summit Avenue Providence Rhode Island 02906Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 793-2500
- Our Lady of Fatima HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.16 miles away200 High Service Avenue Providence Rhode Island 02904Proprietary(401) 456-3000
- Roger Williams Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.84 miles away825 Chalkstone Avenue Providence Rhode Island 02908Proprietary(401) 456-2025
- Rhode Island HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.74 miles away593 Eddy Street Providence Rhode Island 02903Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 444-4000
- Women & Infants Hospital of Rhode IslandAcute Care Hospitals 12.93 miles away101 Dudley Street Providence Rhode Island 02905Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 274-1100
- Morton HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.16 miles away88 Washington Street Taunton Massachusetts 02780Proprietary(508) 828-7000
- Attleboro Dialysis Center3.7 miles away111 Pleasant St Attleboro Massachusetts 02703Dialysis Stations: 13 (508) 226-0218
- Dialysis Center of Attleboro LLC4.16 miles away217 South Main Street Store 7 Attleboro Massachusetts 02703Dialysis Stations: 18 (508) 236-6041
- Dialysis Center of Woonsocket7.15 miles away2100 Diamond Hill Road Woonsocket Rhode Island 02895CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 23 (401) 765-4995
- Us Renal Care Foxborough Dialysis7.49 miles away10 Lincoln Rd Suite 101 Foxboro Massachusetts 02035Dialysis Stations: 9 (774) 215-5696
- Dialysis Center of Pawtucket7.6 miles away201 Armistice Boulevard Pawtucket Rhode Island 02860CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (401) 722-3313
- Bio-Medical Applications of Rhode Island8.06 miles away622 George Washington Highway Lincoln Rhode Island 02865Dialysis Stations: 17 (401) 333-4727
- Nna - Pawtucket8.25 miles away79 Division Street Pawtucket Rhode Island 02860CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (401) 723-9995
- Davita North Providence Renal Center10.43 miles away1635 Mineral Spring Ave. Providence Rhode Island 02904Dialysis Stations: 18 (401) 354-5340