Madonna Manor is located in Ft Mitchell, Kentucky. This city has a population of 38,940 people. With an A- overall grade, we ranked this nursing home in the top quarter of all nursing homes in the United States. This is just about as good of a place as you're going to find. If you scroll down, you will see this nursing home's category ratings, which are also impressive.
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Church related
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Top Nursing Home in Kentucky Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Ft Mitchell, Kentucky Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
On top of being a first rate nursing home overall, this facility also excelled in our long-term care category, where it received an A+. Few nursing homes performed better in this category. Nursing homes that do well in this category typically are well-staffed and offer extensive hands on care to patients. After considering the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination statistics. This facility vaccinated 99.337746 percent of its residents against pneumonia. Vaccines are critical to keeping residents healthy. Finally, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
We also wanted to emphasize the fact that this facility received an impressive grade of A- in our nursing category. Our nursing rating is largely associated with the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well in the area of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Madonna Manor?
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home is also above average in the category of short-term care, where it was given a score of B+. It outperformed most nursing homes in this category. Short-term care grades are critical for individuals requiring rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically utilizes additional skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing means a broad spectrum of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. We were not able to locate registered nurse or physical therapy staffing data for this facility. The last measure we assessed in this category is the number of patients that ultimately were able to return home from the nursing home. We found that 5.3 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Turning to the last category we assessed, this facility earned a decent score in the area of inspections as well. In fact, we gave it a grade of B for that category. This nursing home didn't have any major weaknesses. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in calculating our inspection ratings. One key factor is deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of deficiencies is usually more important than the quantity of deficiencies, as some of these end up being quite minor. This particular nursing home received 3 deficiencies on its inspection report. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Madonna Manor Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Madonna Manor, 9.06% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a measure of the quality of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, which are also known as bed sores, are routinely the result of patients not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Madonna Manor, 3.84% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents who suffered a fall which resulted in severe injury. We use this statistic in determining nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Madonna Manor, 2.74% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections could be linked to poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Madonna Manor, 15.92% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications may be helpful for many residents, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In limited situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Madonna Manor, 28.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint gauges the percentage of long-term patients taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Madonna Manor, 8.85% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Madonna Manor, 90.04% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Madonna Manor, 15.42% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term residents who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and continence.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Madonna Manor, 20.17% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of patients that remained mobile levels over time. Optimizing mobility is often a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Madonna Manor, 1.59 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. Avoiding hospitalizations is critical to the physical health of nursing home patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Madonna Manor, 20.17 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is typically a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Madonna Manor, 13.78 Percentage of Patients
Measures the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Madonna Manor, 72.12% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term stay residents who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
- St Elizabeth Medical Center NorthAcute Care Hospitals 3.78 miles away1 Medical Village Drive Ft Mitchell Kentucky 41017Voluntary non-profit - Church(859) 301-2000
- St Elizabeth FlorenceAcute Care Hospitals 4.17 miles away4900 Houston Road Florence Kentucky 41042Voluntary non-profit - Private(859) 212-5220
- Christ HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.71 miles away2139 Auburn Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45219Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 585-2000
- Good Samaritan HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.26 miles away375 Dixmyth Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45220Voluntary non-profit - Church(513) 862-2646
- St Elizabeth Ft ThomasAcute Care Hospitals 6.61 miles away85 North Grand Avenue Fort Thomas Kentucky 41075Voluntary non-profit - Private(859) 572-3100
- University of Cincinnati Medical Center, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 6.7 miles away234 Goodman Street Cincinnati Ohio 45219Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 584-1000
- Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical CenterChildrens 7 miles away3333 Burnet Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45229Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 636-3333
- Mercy Health - West HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.97 miles away3300 Mercy Health Blvd Cincinnati Ohio 45211Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 215-5000
- Fmc - Edgewood2.68 miles away210 Thomas More Parkway Suite 1 Ft Mitchell Kentucky 41017Dialysis Stations: 17 (859) 331-0167
- Davita - Crestview Hills Dialysis3.2 miles away400 Centre View Blvd Ft Mitchell Kentucky 41017Dialysis Stations: 20 (859) 341-5561
- Davita - 12th St. Covington Dialysis3.76 miles away1500 James Simpson Jr. Way, Ste. 1100 Covington Kentucky 41011Dialysis Stations: 17 (859) 261-4345
- Davita - Delhi Dialysis3.78 miles away5040 Delhi Pike Cincinnati Ohio 45238CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (513) 922-5900
- Davita-Turfway Pd Training4.78 miles away11 Spiral Drive, Suite 15a Florence Kentucky 41042Dialysis Stations: 4 (859) 647-2802
- Davita - Turfway Dialysis4.78 miles away11 Spiral Drive, Suite 15a Florence Kentucky 41042Dialysis Stations: 16 (859) 371-1263
- Fmc - Boone County5.14 miles away7205 Dixie Highway Florence Kentucky 41042Dialysis Stations: 16 (859) 525-1060
- Davita - Christ Hospital5.64 miles away2139 Auburn Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45219Dialysis Stations: 15 (513) 585-0314