Madonna Manor is a senior living facility in Ft Mitchell, Kentucky, which has a total of 38,940 people. This facility received an A- overall, which is among the most impressive scores we offer. A grade of this caliber requires superb marks across the board. In fact, we ranked this facility in the top 25 percent of all facilities in the nation. If you look below, you will see this facility's category scores, which are also quite good.
Updated May 1, 2022 by Sara Levinsohn
2344 Amsterdam Road,
Ft Mitchell KY 41017
78.16% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
We also found that this facility excelled in our long-term care rating. We gave them an impressive grade of A+ in this category. When nursing homes receive this kind of score in long-term care it is a good sign for resident care and suggests that the facility is well-staffed with nurses and aids. In addition to providing elite levels of nursing care and other staffing, this facility provided the pneumonia vaccine to 99.375 percent of its residents. This percentage is also significantly higher than the majority of nursing homes. Finally, we looked at its number of hospitalizations. Here we found that this place had 2.65 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days.
Adding to its impressive resume, this nursing home also excelled in our nursing category. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A- for that category. Our nursing grade is based on several factors. The most heavily weighted factor is the number of hours nurses spent with patients. This facility provides an incredible 4.8 hours of nursing care per patient on a daily basis. This is much better than what is offered by most places. Lastly, this nursing home also excelled in the quality-based metrics we looked at. For example, it fared as well as any facility the country in the area of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We view these metrics as predictive measures of the quality of nursing care being provided.
Does this page answer your questions about Madonna Manor?
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home was awarded a favorable short-term care grade as well. We gave it one of our higher grades in that area with a score of B+. In calculating our short-term care ratings, we size up a nursing home's levels of highly skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists occupational therapists and other highly trained professionals. This score is generally a useful assessment of the facility's ability to rehabilitate patients. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. However, based on the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we considered the number of residents who eventually returned home from this facility. This place performed as well as just about any nursing home with 64.7 percent of its residents returning home. Most facilities are below 50 percent in this statistic.
Finally, we also found that this facility has received favorable inspections in recent years. We awarded it a score of B in this area. Inspection grades are tied to items found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places that receive favorable grades in this area tend to have very few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. This particular nursing home received 3 deficiencies on its inspection report. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Madonna Manor Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Madonna Manor, 9.24% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a barometer of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are often caused by patients staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Madonna Manor, 3.89% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of patients who suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in major injury are considered by many experts to be an indicator of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls leading to injury are often the result of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Madonna Manor, 2.7% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are often associated with poor nursing care. More frequent bathing reduces the number of UTI's sustained by residents in a nursing home. Keep in mind that this statistic is affected by by the fact that facilities have different reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Madonna Manor, 15.86% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of residents prescribed antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic medications are given to residents for many conditions, such as cognitive disorders. Unfortunately, in limited cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Madonna Manor, 28.6% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of patients given antianxiety drugs. These drugs are typically given to patients experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Madonna Manor, 7.9% of Patients
This is the percent of residents exhibiting signs of depression. Higher rates of depression may reveal a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Madonna Manor, 91.16% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term residents that have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for seniors, making these vaccines critical to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Madonna Manor, 15.59% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Madonna Manor, 21.85% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percentage of long-term care patients who retained mobility levels. Some experts believe that mobility is critical to residents' well-being.
In Madonna Manor, 1.51 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of care. There is generally a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and the quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Madonna Manor, 21.85 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Madonna Manor, 13.28 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Madonna Manor, 72.21% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percent of short-term stay residents who experienced functional improvements.
- St Elizabeth Medical Center NorthAcute Care Hospitals 3.78 miles away1 Medical Village Drive Ft Mitchell Kentucky 41017Voluntary non-profit - Church(859) 301-2000
- St Elizabeth FlorenceAcute Care Hospitals 4.17 miles away4900 Houston Road Florence Kentucky 41042Voluntary non-profit - Private(859) 212-5220
- Christ HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.71 miles away2139 Auburn Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45219Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 585-2000
- Good Samaritan HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.26 miles away375 Dixmyth Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45220Voluntary non-profit - Church(513) 862-2646
- St Elizabeth Ft ThomasAcute Care Hospitals 6.61 miles away85 North Grand Avenue Fort Thomas Kentucky 41075Voluntary non-profit - Private(859) 572-3100
- University of Cincinnati Medical Center, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 6.7 miles away234 Goodman Street Cincinnati Ohio 45219Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 584-1000
- Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical CenterChildrens 7 miles away3333 Burnet Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45229Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 636-3333
- Mercy Health - West HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.97 miles away3300 Mercy Health Blvd Cincinnati Ohio 45211Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 215-5000
- Fmc - Edgewood2.68 miles away210 Thomas More Parkway Suite 1 Ft Mitchell Kentucky 41017Dialysis Stations: 17 (859) 331-0167
- Davita - Crestview Hills Dialysis3.2 miles away400 Centre View Blvd Ft Mitchell Kentucky 41017Dialysis Stations: 20 (859) 341-5561
- Davita - 12th St. Covington Dialysis3.76 miles away1500 James Simpson Jr. Way, Ste. 1100 Covington Kentucky 41011Dialysis Stations: 17 (859) 261-4345
- Davita - Delhi Dialysis3.78 miles away5040 Delhi Pike Cincinnati Ohio 45238CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (513) 922-5900
- Davita-Turfway Pd Training4.78 miles away11 Spiral Drive, Suite 15a Florence Kentucky 41042Dialysis Stations: 4 (859) 647-2802
- Davita - Turfway Dialysis4.78 miles away11 Spiral Drive, Suite 15a Florence Kentucky 41042Dialysis Stations: 16 (859) 371-1263
- Fmc - Boone County5.14 miles away7205 Dixie Highway Florence Kentucky 41042Dialysis Stations: 16 (859) 525-1060
- Davita - Christ Hospital5.64 miles away2139 Auburn Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45219Dialysis Stations: 15 (513) 585-0314