Madison Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center is a large nursing home located in Little Rock, Arkansas. We gave this nursing home an overall grade of F. Fortunately, this nursing home is one of 14 nursing homes in this city so if you aren't impressed, you should have better options. Finally, we were surprised to learn that this facility received a decent score in our nursing category. We provide additional information about this category below.
Madison Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
Registered Staff Hours
Although this facility's overall grade was terrible, it didn't perform as badly in nursing. In fact, we awarded it a C for this category. There are several datapoints included in this grade. Many of these factors are tied to the quantity of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient on a daily basis. This is a lower figure than we were hoping for. Finally, nursing scores also consider quality-based metrics, such as avoiding major falls. Despite not having the highest total nursing hours, this place performed admirably in the area of preventing major falls. This is typically a reliable indicator that a facility has quality controls in place. Some falls can be avoided if a facility supplies enough nurses aids to assist its residents.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home's next highest category was short-term care, but it nevertheless received a grade of just D in that category. This still happens to be a relatively poor grade. In our short-term care category, we try to craft a sound gauge for rehabilitation services. In this process, we look at a facility's levels of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as speech therapy. Given its score in this category, we weren't surprised to find that this facility is well below average in terms of its quantity of physical therapy and registered nurse hours provided to its residents based on the metrics we looked at. Lastly, we looked at the number of residents who ultimately were able to return home from this nursing home. This facility didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 0 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Madison Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center?
Unfortunately, with a grade of D in the inspection category, this facility performed relatively poorly in that area. Our inspection scores weigh many items on the nursing home's inspection reports. When you find too many deficiencies on the inspection reports, this is typically a bad sign. Severe deficiencies indicate a threat to patient safety. This particular facility was hit with 8 deficiencies on its inspection report. The only positive thing we can say is that none of these deficiencies were in the categories that suggest they created a risk to patient safety or health. Lastly, we want to draw your attention to the fact that this place received significant government fines recently of over $100,000. This generally signifies that a poor performance has been an issue for more than one year.
Long-term Care Quality
The last category we looked at is long-term care, ended up being this facility's least impressive category. We awarded this facility a D in that category. For patients looking for a permanent residence as opposed to rehabilitation, long-term care is a very important category. In addition to looking at the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility provided the vaccine to 94.13793 percent of its residents, which is higher than the vast majority of nursing homes. Surprisingly, this place also keeps its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. Unfortunately, some of its other scores in the category were not as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Madison Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Madison Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 8.16% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is an indication of the percent of long-term patients which suffer from new or worsened pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are a reliable indicator of nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Madison Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 4% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of residents who suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to serious injuries are considered to be a measure of the quality of nursing care . Falls are routinely caused by lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Madison Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 2.3% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of residents that sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered to be a measure of nursing care . UTI's are routinely the result of worse hygiene protocols. However, this datapoint may also be skewed for some facilities due to different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Madison Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 12.13% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents taking antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications serve an important medical purpose, it is important to make sure these medications are being used appropriately. In limited cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Madison Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 21.55% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of long-term stay patients receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Madison Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 2.07% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients exhibiting signs of depression. High levels of depression could be an indicator a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Madison Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 95.87% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Madison Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 11.98% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term patients that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and taking a bath.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Madison Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 12.63% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of residents that maintained mobility over time. Preserving mobility is often a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Madison Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 1.81 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Madison Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 12.63 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is typically a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Madison Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 12.62 Percentage of Patients
This metric tracks the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Scores for Little Rock, AR
- Overall Rating has a grade of D
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Little Rock, Arkansas has 13 other nursing homes
- Arkansas Children's HospitalChildrens 5.8 miles away1 Children's Way, Slot 301 Little Rock Arkansas 72202Voluntary non-profit - Private(501) 364-1100
- Uams Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.67 miles away4301 West Markham Street Mail Slot 612 Little Rock Arkansas 72205Government - State(501) 686-5000
- Arkansas Heart Hospital, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 8.22 miles away1701 S Shackleford Road Little Rock Arkansas 72211Proprietary(501) 219-7000
- Baptist Health Medical Center North Little RockAcute Care Hospitals 9.5 miles away3333 Springhill Drive North Little Rock Arkansas 72117Voluntary non-profit - Private(501) 202-3000
- Arkansas Surgical HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.39 miles away5201 North Shore Drive North Little Rock Arkansas 72118Proprietary(501) 748-8000
- St Vincent Medical Center/NorthAcute Care Hospitals 11.67 miles away2215 Wildwood Avenue Sherwood Arkansas 72120Voluntary non-profit - Church(501) 552-7100
- Bridgeway Inc, ThePsychiatric 11.89 miles away21 Bridgeway Road Maumelle Arkansas 72113Proprietary(501) 771-1500
- North Metro Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 17.44 miles away1400 Braden Street Jacksonville Arkansas 72076Proprietary(501) 985-7000
- Davita - South Little Rock3.44 miles away6115 Baseline Rd Little Rock Arkansas 72209CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (501) 570-0543
- Arkansas Childrens Hospital-Dialysis5.34 miles away1 Childrens Way-Slot 204 Little Rock Arkansas 72202Dialysis Stations: 7 (501) 364-1813
- Fmcna - East Little Rock6.24 miles away5320 West 12th St Little Rock Arkansas 72204CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (501) 660-7867
- Davita - Little Rock Dialysis6.97 miles away6 Freeway Drive Suite 100 Little Rock Arkansas 72204CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (501) 664-6754
- Dci - Little Rock Renal Services LLC7.23 miles away1910 John Barrow Rd Little Rock Arkansas 72204Dialysis Stations: 18 (501) 227-0983
- Westside Dialysis Unit LLC7.44 miles away1515 Kanis Park Dr Little Rock Arkansas 72204Dialysis Stations: 16 (501) 379-9208
- Davita - Little Rock Midtown Dialysis7.92 miles away#2 Lile Ct Ste 102 Little Rock Arkansas 72205CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (501) 221-3123
- Fmcna - Little Rock Dialysis8.17 miles away10310 W Markham Ste 100 Little Rock Arkansas 72205CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (501) 225-3890