Macneal Hospital Snf is in Berwyn, Illinois, a city with a population of 63,448 people. This facility received an A- overall, which is one of our better scores. In fact, we ranked this facility in the top third of all nursing homes in the nation. This nursing home's impressive profile was highlighted by its inspection rating, which we will address in the next paragraph.
Macneal Hospital Snf
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
On top of being a great facility overall, it also received A+ health inspections in recent years. Its inspections are nearly perfect. Inspection scores take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these factors by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
Contributing to its dominant profile, this facility also excelled in our short-term care category. In fact, we gave it a score of A in that area. In calculating our short-term care scores, we assess a nursing home's levels of skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists occupational therapists and other highly trained professionals. This rating is generally a fair assessment of a facility's rehabilitation services. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. However, according to the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last measure we considered in this category is the percentage of residents who returned home from the nursing home. We found that 7.4 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about Macneal Hospital Snf?
Long-term Care Quality
This facility also was awarded a strong long-term care score. Indeed, we awarded it an above average grade of B+ in this area. Long-term care ratings of this caliber generally require both 24/7 care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine medical care. In addition to assessing the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. Unfortunately, we weren't able to track down this place's vaccination data. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
The last area we graded was nursing. In this category, we gave this nursing home an acceptable grade of C. This actually proved to be this nursing home's worst category. In determining our nursing grades, we analyze both nursing hours and the training levels of the nurses. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures. Although this nursing home got dinged a bit for nursing hours per resident, it actually excelled in a few of these quality metrics. With less than five percent of its patients sustaining pressure ulcers, it did remarkably well in this statistic. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can typically be avoided by offering better nursing care, such as having a protocol of moving patients even once per day.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Macneal Hospital Snf Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Macneal Hospital Snf, 11.45 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to assess short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Macneal Hospital Snf, 71.39% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term stay patients that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of performance with ADL's often correlates with better rehabilitation services.
- Macneal HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0 miles away3249 South Oak Park Avenue Berwyn Illinois 60402Proprietary(708) 783-9100
- Loyola University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.77 miles away2160 S 1st Avenue Maywood Illinois 60153Voluntary non-profit - Private(708) 216-9000
- Loretto HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.14 miles away645 South Central Ave Chicago Illinois 60644Voluntary non-profit - Other(773) 626-4300
- Rush Oak Park HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.3 miles away520 S Maple Ave Oak Park Illinois 60304Voluntary non-profit - Church(708) 383-9300
- West Suburban Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.22 miles away3 Erie Court Oak Park Illinois 60302Voluntary non-profit - Other(708) 383-6200
- Westlake HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.03 miles away1225 Lake St Melrose Park Illinois 60160Voluntary non-profit - Other(708) 938-4000
- Saint Anthony HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.13 miles away2875 West 19th Street Chicago Illinois 60623Voluntary non-profit - Private(773) 521-1710
- Adventist La Grange Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.48 miles away5101 S Willow Springs Rd La Grange Illinois 60525Voluntary non-profit - Church(708) 352-1200
- Fmc - Berwyn0.89 miles away2601 S Harlem Avenue Berwyn Illinois 60402CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (708) 484-7300
- Fmc - Cicero2.56 miles away3000 S Cicero Ave Cicero Illinois 60804CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (708) 652-7089
- Fmc - Summit2.88 miles away7320 Archer Avenue Summit Argo Illinois 60501Dialysis Stations: 12 (708) 594-1777
- Fmc - Neomedica - North Kilpatrick3.22 miles away4800 North Kilpatrick Chicago Illinois 60630CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (773) 545-3693
- Maple Avenue Kidney Center3.23 miles away610 S Maple Avenue, Suite 4100 Oak Park Illinois 60304Dialysis Stations: 18 (708) 660-4100
- Fmc - Oak Park Dialysis Unit3.29 miles away733 West Madison Street Oak Park Illinois 60302Dialysis Stations: 12 (708) 386-8757
- Loyola Center for Dialysis3.6 miles away1201 W Roosevelt Rd Maywood Illinois 60153CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 31 (708) 531-7050
- Davita - Lawndale Dialysis3.71 miles away3934 West 24th St Chicago Illinois 60623CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (773) 277-0598