Macneal Hospital Snf is in Berwyn, Illinois, a city with a population of 63,448 people. This proved to be an A+ rated facility, which is the top rating we offer. We were impressed enough to rate this nursing home as one of the 50 best facilities in Illinois. Headlining this place's remarkable profile is its short-term care score, which we will address in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Macneal Hospital Snf
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Berwyn senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Top Nursing Home in Illinois Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Berwyn, Illinois Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Illinois Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Berwyn, Illinois Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in Illinois Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Berwyn, Illinois Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to being a first-rate nursing home overall, this nursing home also excelled in our short-term care rating, where it received a grade of A+. Short-term care scores are based in part on the facility's quantity of highly-skilled skilled healthcare professionals. This includes a wide spectrum of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. This nursing home employs both physical therapists and registered nurses. Not all facilities employ these skilled professionals. Finally, we considered the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 7 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Adding to an already impressive profile, this facility also received virtually flawless health inspections in recent years. As a result, we awarded it an A+ inspection grade. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in computing our inspection ratings. One critical factor is health deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of these deficiencies is usually more meaningful than the quantity of deficiencies, as some are quite insignificant. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Macneal Hospital Snf?
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home also was awarded a top-shelf long-term care grade. In fact, this turned out to be this nursing home's third strongest category grade. In that area, we gave this facility a score of A. Facilities that receive this kind of grade in this category tend to provide consistent around the clock care to ensure patients are kept in good health. One of the factors we considered in addition to nurse's aid hours is vaccines. It does not look like this nursing home submitted information about vaccinations. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
The fourth area we assessed is nursing, where this nursing home was given an A-. This completed a very strong report card. Not many facilities earned an A- or higher in each of our categories. In computing our nursing grades, we factor in both nursing hours and the levels of licensure of those nurses. This nursing home provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can often be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Macneal Hospital Snf Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Macneal Hospital Snf, 13.66 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Macneal Hospital Snf, 69.52% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percent of short-term patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some experts argue that this is a reasonable measure of a facility's rehabilitation performance.
- Macneal HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0 miles away3249 South Oak Park Avenue Berwyn Illinois 60402Proprietary(708) 783-9100
- Loyola University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.77 miles away2160 S 1st Avenue Maywood Illinois 60153Voluntary non-profit - Private(708) 216-9000
- Loretto HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.14 miles away645 South Central Ave Chicago Illinois 60644Voluntary non-profit - Other(773) 626-4300
- Rush Oak Park HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.3 miles away520 S Maple Ave Oak Park Illinois 60304Voluntary non-profit - Church(708) 383-9300
- West Suburban Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.22 miles away3 Erie Court Oak Park Illinois 60302Voluntary non-profit - Other(708) 383-6200
- Westlake HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.03 miles away1225 Lake St Melrose Park Illinois 60160Voluntary non-profit - Other(708) 938-4000
- Saint Anthony HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.13 miles away2875 West 19th Street Chicago Illinois 60623Voluntary non-profit - Private(773) 521-1710
- Adventist La Grange Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.48 miles away5101 S Willow Springs Rd La Grange Illinois 60525Voluntary non-profit - Church(708) 352-1200
- Fmc - Berwyn0.89 miles away2601 S Harlem Avenue Berwyn Illinois 60402CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (708) 484-7300
- Fmc - Cicero2.56 miles away3000 S Cicero Ave Cicero Illinois 60804CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (708) 652-7089
- Fmc - Summit2.88 miles away7320 Archer Avenue Summit Argo Illinois 60501Dialysis Stations: 12 (708) 594-1777
- Fmc - Neomedica - North Kilpatrick3.22 miles away4800 North Kilpatrick Chicago Illinois 60630CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (773) 545-3693
- Maple Avenue Kidney Center3.23 miles away610 S Maple Avenue, Suite 4100 Oak Park Illinois 60304Dialysis Stations: 18 (708) 660-4100
- Fmc - Oak Park Dialysis Unit3.29 miles away733 West Madison Street Oak Park Illinois 60302Dialysis Stations: 12 (708) 386-8757
- Loyola Center for Dialysis3.6 miles away1201 W Roosevelt Rd Maywood Illinois 60153CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 31 (708) 531-7050
- Davita - Lawndale Dialysis3.71 miles away3934 West 24th St Chicago Illinois 60623CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (773) 277-0598