Lynhurst Healthcare is a small non-profit nursing home located in Indianapolis, Indiana. This nursing home received an overall grade of D in our grading scheme. Unfortunately, this grade is not too far off the city grade for Indianapolis, which is a C. Nevertheless, you still may be able to do better The only positive thing we can say about this nursing home is that it didn't receive any F's in in any of the major categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Note: Lynhurst Healthcare has been flagged for abuse in the past 12 months. We have capped this facility's overall grade accordingly.
Get pricing and details on Indianapolis senior living options.Get Pricing
- No Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
While we gave this nursing home a bad overall rating, we actually awarded it a fairly respectable grade in the area of inspections, where it received a B-. This was certainly better than its other category grades. We believe that one of the most critical factors in assessing an inspection report is deficiencies. In this regard, we especially focus on the severity of the deficiencies. This particular nursing home received 11 deficiencies on its inspection report. Another red flag is that CMS cited this nursing home for possible abuse or neglect. Hopefully, its performance improves in the future, but until then we simply can't recommend this facility.
We also want to point out that this facility received a decent grade in our nursing category. We awarded it a grade of B- in the area. Nursing scores are mostly based on the facility's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0 hours of nursing care per patient daily. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Finally, despite not having the highest total nursing hours, this nursing home performed admirably in the area of preventing major falls. This is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has quality controls in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Lynhurst Healthcare?
Short-term Care Quality
The third area we graded is short-term care, where this facility was given a B- in this area. In computing our short-term care ratings, we quantify the facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, occupational therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. The objective is to devise a tool for comparing the rehabilitation services of different facilities. We found that this place was below average in the two key staffing areas we focus on. It provided fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than most other facilities. It is important to determine whether this is adversely impacting the quality of care. Lastly, we assessed the number of residents that were able to return home from this nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home. This figure was well below the national average.
Long-term Care Quality
Switching gears to our last category, we gave this nursing home a D for the area of long-term care. This is the facility's least impressive category rating. Facilities that receive this type of score in this category may not provide the kind of consistent around the clock care that some other facilities offer. In addition to looking at the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. We discovered that this facility administered the vaccine to a relatively low 80.95238 percent of its patients, which is not a very encouraging sign. To our surprise, this place was actually decent at keeping its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had just 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. This is its best score in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Lynhurst Healthcare Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Lynhurst Healthcare, 6.12% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of residents who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin caused by remaining in one position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Lynhurst Healthcare, 3.97% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric indicates the percentage of long-term patients who had falls which resulted in serious injury. This is one of the statistics we use in computing nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Lynhurst Healthcare, 3.17% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are routinely the result of worse hygiene protocols. Additional nurse staffing can minimize the number of UTI's sustained by residents in a nursing home. Keep in mind that this statistic is sometimes skewed by the fact that nursing homes have varying reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Lynhurst Healthcare, 11.76% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of residents who were given antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic medications are given to residents for a variety of medical conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias. Unfortunately, in limited cases, increased usage of these drugs may suggest a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Lynhurst Healthcare, 32.5% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Lynhurst Healthcare, 12.04% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term care residents exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Lynhurst Healthcare, 90.48% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Lynhurst Healthcare, 33.94% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Lynhurst Healthcare, 26.15% of Residents
This is the percent of residents who maintained mobility over time. Optimizing mobility is usually a good sign for residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Lynhurst Healthcare, 26.15% of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Scores for Indianapolis, IN
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Indianapolis, Indiana has 23 other nursing homes
- Eskenazi HealthAcute Care Hospitals 4.51 miles away720 Eskenazi Avenue Indianapolis Indiana 46202Government - Local(317) 880-4818
- Indiana University HealthAcute Care Hospitals 5.24 miles away1701 N Senate Blvd Indianapolis Indiana 46202Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 962-5900
- Iu Health West HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.49 miles away1111 N Ronald Reagan Pkwy Avon Indiana 46123Proprietary(317) 217-3000
- St Vincent Neighborhood HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.64 miles away9613 East Us Highway 36 Avon Indiana 46123Proprietary(317) 703-1999
- Neurodiagnostic InstitutePsychiatric 9.53 miles away5435 E 16th St Indianapolis Indiana 46218Government - State(317) 941-4000
- Community Hospital EastAcute Care Hospitals 9.63 miles away1500 N Ritter Ave Indianapolis Indiana 46219Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 355-5411
- Community Hospital SouthAcute Care Hospitals 9.97 miles away1402 E County Line Rd S Indianapolis Indiana 46227Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 887-7000
- Franciscan Health IndianapolisAcute Care Hospitals 11.24 miles away8111 S Emerson Ave Indianapolis Indiana 46237Voluntary non-profit - Church(317) 528-5000
- Fmc - Indianapolis-West2.12 miles away805 Beachway Drive Suite 100 Indianapolis Indiana 46224Dialysis Stations: 18 (317) 484-3550
- Davita Speedway Dialysis2.91 miles away2636 W. Michigan St. Indianapolis Indiana 46222Dialysis Stations: 13 (317) 423-0956
- Dci - Indianapolis3.62 miles away1719 West 10th Street Indianapolis Indiana 46222CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (317) 631-2005
- Riley Hospital - Peds Dialysis4.09 miles away705 Riley Hospital Drive Roc Dialysis Rm 1240 Indianapolis Indiana 46202Dialysis Stations: 8 (317) 944-4303
- Davita University Dialysis of Indy4.2 miles away550 N. University Blvd Indianapolis Indiana 46202Dialysis Stations: 31 (317) 635-8729
- Davita - Avon Dialysis4.42 miles away9210 Rockville Road, Ste D Indianapolis Indiana 46234Dialysis Stations: 16 (317) 209-2544
- Davita - Westview Dialysis4.96 miles away3749 Commercial Dr. Indianapolis Indiana 46222CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (317) 299-4693
- Fmc - Circle City5.18 miles away1420 N. Senate Ave., Suite B Indianapolis Indiana 46202CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (317) 632-1273