Lynhurst Healthcare is a small nursing home located in Indianapolis, Indiana. This nursing home turns out to be a decent facility, with an overall grade of C. This grade was right in line with the city grade in Indianapolis, which admittedly is admittedly a little below average nationally. You also may want to review this facility's category grades below. short-term care grades are discussed in the next section.
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
Short-term Care Quality
This facility's best category grade came in short-term care. In that category, we gave this facility a grade of B. It actually outperformed most nursing homes in this area. Short-term care grades are crucial for residents requiring rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually requires additional skilled nursing services. This includes a vast scope of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. It does not appear that this nursing home submitted data regarding its registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. Lastly, we considered the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
This nursing home also earned a strong inspection score. Inspection grades are based on the facility's recent government inspections. We awarded this facility an above average grade of B in this category. Our inspection grades are based on items found on the a nursing home's government inspections. Places that excel in this area typically have very few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these places should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. This particular nursing home received 11 deficiencies on its inspection report. Overall, this is still a solid inspection report, but we'd always recommend looking into any deficiencies you find troubling.
Does this page answer your questions about Lynhurst Healthcare?
We also gave this nursing home a decent score in the category of nursing care, with a grade of B-. There are quite a few factors included in this grade. Many of the datapoints relate to staffing levels. This facility provided just 0 hours of nursing care per patient on a daily basis. This figure is significantly below average. Finally, nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as preventing major falls. Despite not having the highest total nursing hours, this nursing home performed admirably in the area of preventing major falls. This is typically an indicator that a facility has quality controls in place. Some falls could be avoided if a nursing home supplies enough nurses aids to assist its residents.
Long-term Care Quality
The last category we graded is long-term care, which proved to be this nursing home's weakest area. We gave it an F in this area, which is certainly very concerning. When facilities receive this kind of score in long-term care it is often a bad sign for patient care and it may indicate that the place is not as well-staffed with nurses and aids. One of the statistics we considered in addition to nurse's aid hours is vaccines. Frankly, we were a bit alarmed this nursing home administered the pneumonia vaccine to a relatively low 40.76923 percent of its residents. To our surprise, this place was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this nursing home has less hospitalizations than the majority of nursing homes. This is its best score in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Lynhurst Healthcare Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Lynhurst Healthcare, 7.44% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of residents that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin resulting from staying in one position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Lynhurst Healthcare, 3.93% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure tells you the percent of long-term patients that have suffered falls resulting in serious injury. We use this statistic in determining our nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Lynhurst Healthcare, 1.87% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many experts to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care . UTI's are routinely linked to worse hygiene protocols. However, this datapoint may also be misleading for some facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Lynhurst Healthcare, 13.18% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This measures the percentage of long-term residents that are prescribed antipsychotic drugs. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents in situations where such drugs aren't medically indicated. However, some facilities need to rely more on these drugs due to having more residents with Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Lynhurst Healthcare, 21.77% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients who were given antianxiety drugs. These medications are typically prescribed to residents suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Lynhurst Healthcare, 12.89% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who are demonstrating depressive symptoms. High rates of depression may be an indicator a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Lynhurst Healthcare, 91.48% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term stay residents that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for nursing home residents, making these types of vaccines critical to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Lynhurst Healthcare, 15.74% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and bathing.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Lynhurst Healthcare, 15.7% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percentage of long-term residents who were able to retain mobility.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Lynhurst Healthcare, 15.7 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term resident care.
Scores for Indianapolis, IN
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Indianapolis, Indiana has 45 other nursing homes
- Eskenazi HealthAcute Care Hospitals 4.51 miles away720 Eskenazi Avenue Indianapolis Indiana 46202Government - Local(317) 880-4818
- Indiana University HealthAcute Care Hospitals 5.24 miles away1701 N Senate Blvd Indianapolis Indiana 46202Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 962-5900
- Iu Health West HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.49 miles away1111 N Ronald Reagan Pkwy Avon Indiana 46123Proprietary(317) 217-3000
- St Vincent Neighborhood HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.64 miles away9613 East Us Highway 36 Avon Indiana 46123Proprietary(317) 703-1999
- Neurodiagnostic InstitutePsychiatric 9.53 miles away5435 E 16th St Indianapolis Indiana 46218Government - State(317) 941-4000
- Community Hospital EastAcute Care Hospitals 9.63 miles away1500 N Ritter Ave Indianapolis Indiana 46219Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 355-5411
- Community Hospital SouthAcute Care Hospitals 9.97 miles away1402 E County Line Rd S Indianapolis Indiana 46227Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 887-7000
- Franciscan Health IndianapolisAcute Care Hospitals 11.24 miles away8111 S Emerson Ave Indianapolis Indiana 46237Voluntary non-profit - Church(317) 528-5000
- Fmc - Indianapolis-West2.12 miles away805 Beachway Drive Suite 100 Indianapolis Indiana 46224Dialysis Stations: 18 (317) 484-3550
- Davita Speedway Dialysis2.91 miles away2636 W. Michigan St. Indianapolis Indiana 46222Dialysis Stations: 13 (317) 423-0956
- Dci - Indianapolis3.62 miles away1719 West 10th Street Indianapolis Indiana 46222CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (317) 631-2005
- Riley Hospital - Peds Dialysis4.09 miles away705 Riley Hospital Drive Roc Dialysis Rm 1240 Indianapolis Indiana 46202Dialysis Stations: 8 (317) 944-4303
- Davita University Dialysis of Indy4.2 miles away550 N. University Blvd Indianapolis Indiana 46202Dialysis Stations: 31 (317) 635-8729
- Davita - Avon Dialysis4.42 miles away9210 Rockville Road, Ste D Indianapolis Indiana 46234Dialysis Stations: 16 (317) 209-2544
- Davita - Westview Dialysis4.96 miles away3749 Commercial Dr. Indianapolis Indiana 46222CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (317) 299-4693
- Fmc - Circle City5.18 miles away1420 N. Senate Ave., Suite B Indianapolis Indiana 46202CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (317) 632-1273