Lutheran Senior Services at Breeze Park is a small non-profit nursing home located in Saint Charles, Missouri. This nursing home received an overall grade of D, which is a subpar rating. Unfortunately, this grade isn't too far off the city grade for Saint Charles, which is a C. Nevertheless, you still ought to be able to find a better option We would not blame you if you're ready to stop reading and find another facility. However, if you want to learn more about this facility's category grades, we will discuss inspections in the next paragraph.
Lutheran Senior Services at Breeze Park
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
Note: Lutheran Senior Services at Breeze Park has been flagged for abuse in the past 12 months. We have capped this facility's overall grade accordingly.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Church related
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Aquatic Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
While we did not rate this facility well overall, we would like to point out its decent government inspections in recent years. We awarded it a relatively respectable score of B- in this area. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in calculating our inspection scores. One critical factor is deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of the deficiencies is arguably more meaningful than the number of deficiencies, as some deficiencies can be quite insignificant. This particular nursing home received 5 deficiencies on its inspection report. In addition to having severe deficiencies, this nursing home was cited by CMS for possible abuse or neglect. This is generally a really bad sign. We would never recommend this facility.
This nursing home actually received a decent grade in the area of nursing as well. We awarded it a grade of B- for that category, which is not a bad score. Nursing grades are largely based on a nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this place fared better in some of the quality measures we looked at. In fact, it performed well in the area of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls.
Does this page answer your questions about Lutheran Senior Services at Breeze Park?
Short-term Care Quality
We also gave this nursing home a respectable score in the area of short-term care, where we gave it a grade of B-. In computing our short-term care scores, we quantify the facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, speech therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. The goal is to create a tool for comparing the rehabilitation services of various facilities. Unfortunately, we found that this nursing home provided fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than most other nursing homes. Finally, we assessed the number of patients who ultimately were able to return home from this nursing home. We found that 5.9 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home. This figure was actually well below average.
Long-term Care Quality
Moving on to our fourth category, this facility received a grade of B- in long-term care, which is a respectable grade. Our long-term care grades are more critical for people in need of more conventional services associated with personal care. One of the factors we considered after nurse's aid hours was vaccinations. Thankfully, this nursing home provided the pneumonia vaccination to 100 percent of its patients. This place also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. It had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Lutheran Senior Services at Breeze Park Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Lutheran Senior Services at Breeze Park, 9.32% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of residents who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin resulting from remaining in the same position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Lutheran Senior Services at Breeze Park, 3.98% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of residents who suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to serious injuries are considered to be a barometer of nursing care at a nursing home. Falls are routinely the result of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Lutheran Senior Services at Breeze Park, 3.42% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of long-term patients who had UTI's. UTI's may be an indicator of a facility with lower levels of hygiene. However, this statistic can also be skewed for some nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Lutheran Senior Services at Breeze Park, 20.31% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents given antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many patients, it is important to ensure these medications are being used appropriately. In limited cases, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Lutheran Senior Services at Breeze Park, 24.54% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure indicates the percent of long-term care patients taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Lutheran Senior Services at Breeze Park, 4.11% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term care residents who are showing symptoms of depression. Many in the industry would argue that this is a reliable measure of patient quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Lutheran Senior Services at Breeze Park, 88.89% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay residents that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Lutheran Senior Services at Breeze Park, 14.76% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Lutheran Senior Services at Breeze Park, 15.81% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of patients who retained mobility levels over time. Preserving mobility is often a great sign for residents' health.
In Lutheran Senior Services at Breeze Park, 1.64 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric tracks the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Lutheran Senior Services at Breeze Park, 15.81 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Lutheran Senior Services at Breeze Park, 11.79 Percentage of Patients
Measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Lutheran Senior Services at Breeze Park, 72.5% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percent of short-term stay patients who experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Saint Charles, MO
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Saint Charles, Missouri has 5 other nursing homes
- Progress West HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.24 miles away2 Progress Point Pkwy O Fallon Missouri 63368Voluntary non-profit - Private(636) 344-1000
- Barnes-Jewish St Peters HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.4 miles away10 Hospital Dr Saint Peters Missouri 63376Voluntary non-profit - Other(636) 916-9000
- Ssm Health Saint Joseph Hospital-Lake Saint LouisAcute Care Hospitals 8.47 miles away100 Medical Plaza Lake Saint Louis Missouri 63367Voluntary non-profit - Church(636) 625-5200
- St Lukes HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.38 miles away232 S Woods Mill Rd Chesterfield Missouri 63017Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 434-1500
- Ssm Health St Joseph Hospital-St CharlesAcute Care Hospitals 10.1 miles away300 1st Capitol Dr Saint Charles Missouri 63301Voluntary non-profit - Private(636) 947-5000
- Barnes-Jewish West County HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.69 miles away12634 Olive Boulevard Saint Louis Missouri 63141Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 996-8000
- Ssm Health Depaul Hospital St LouisAcute Care Hospitals 12.21 miles away12303 Depaul Drive Bridgeton Missouri 63044Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 344-6000
- Missouri Baptist Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.9 miles away3015 N Ballas Rd Saint Louis Missouri 63131Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 996-5000
- Fresenius Medical Services O Fallon2.33 miles away4663 Highway K O Fallon Missouri 63368Dialysis Stations: 12 (636) 300-4036
- Villa of Waterbury4.01 miles away929 Waterbury Falls Drive O Fallon Missouri 63368Dialysis Stations: 6 (636) 329-0697
- Saint Charles County Dialysis5.11 miles away335 Mid Rivers Mall Dr Saint Peters Missouri 63376Dialysis Stations: 21 (636) 970-3730
- St Peters Dialysis6.27 miles away300 1st Executive Ave #A Saint Peters Missouri 63376Dialysis Stations: 12 (636) 441-6070
- Us Renal Care St Charles Dialysis6.81 miles away2655 Muegge Road Suite 101 Saint Charles Missouri 63303Dialysis Stations: 12 (636) 447-2490
- Lake St Louis Dialysis8.87 miles away200 Brevco Plaza Ste 202 Lake Saint Louis Missouri 63367Dialysis Stations: 14 (636) 561-4799
- Lake St Louis at Home8.87 miles away200 Brevco Plaza Suite 202 Lake Saint Louis Missouri 63367Dialysis Stations: 4 (636) 625-4460
- Ellisville Dialysis Center9.28 miles away257 Clarkson Road Ballwin Missouri 63011CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (636) 207-7401