Lutheran Senior Services at Breeze Park is a small non-profit nursing home located in Saint Charles, Missouri. This nursing home turns out to be a grade A facility, which is a truly elite rating. As a matter of fact, this proved to be substantially better than many of the facilities in the city. One of the best aspects of this nursing home's stellar profile is its short-term care rating. We discuss short-term care in the next section.
Lutheran Senior Services at Breeze Park
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
600 Breeze Park Drive,
Saint Charles MO 63304
82.18% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Church related
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Aquatic Therapy
Top Nursing Home in Missouri Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Saint Charles, Missouri Awards 2020
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
To pair with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home an A for our short-term care rating. In determining our short-term care scores, we look at a nursing home's levels of highly skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists occupational therapists and other licensed professionals. This grade is generally a fair measure of the nursing home's rehabilitation. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. However, according to the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last metric we considered in this category is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We found that 5.6 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
Adding to its impressive resume, this nursing home also excelled in our nursing category. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A for that category. We weighed the levels of nurses employed by the facility, as well as the quantity of hours the nurses worked with patients, in computing our rating in this category. This nursing home provides 0.6 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can generally be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Lutheran Senior Services at Breeze Park?
This nursing home has earned near flawless government inspections in recent years. We awarded them an A in this area. Inspection grades are tied to several datapoints found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that excel in this area have very few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these facilities should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. This particular nursing home received 5 deficiencies on its inspection report. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
Switching gears to our next category, this nursing home also performed well in our long-term care category. In fact, we gave it a B+ in that category. This completed a first-rate profile. When facilities receive a score in this range in this category it typically means it has plenty of staff and is an overall good place to reside on a permanent basis. In addition to looking at the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility provided the vaccine to 100 percent of its patients, which is significantly higher than the average nursing home. Lastly, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Lutheran Senior Services at Breeze Park Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Lutheran Senior Services at Breeze Park, 9.28% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric gauges the percent of long-term residents who suffer from pressure ulcers . We factor in this statistic in computing our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Lutheran Senior Services at Breeze Park, 3.89% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic is an indication of the percent of long-term patients who suffered falls which resulted in major injury. We use this statistic in calculating nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Lutheran Senior Services at Breeze Park, 3.39% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections may be associated with poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Lutheran Senior Services at Breeze Park, 20.47% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. These medications are sometimes used to treat several conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Lutheran Senior Services at Breeze Park, 24.32% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This gauges the percentage of long-term residents who were prescribed antianxiety medication. These medications are generally used to treat residents suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Lutheran Senior Services at Breeze Park, 4.19% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who are exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Lutheran Senior Services at Breeze Park, 88.53% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Lutheran Senior Services at Breeze Park, 14.79% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care patients that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and bathing.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Lutheran Senior Services at Breeze Park, 14.68% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of patients that retained mobility levels over time. Optimizing mobility is usually a good sign for residents' health.
In Lutheran Senior Services at Breeze Park, 1.7 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Lutheran Senior Services at Breeze Park, 14.68 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term resident care. Avoiding the hospital during rehabilitation is key to restoring the physical abilities of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Lutheran Senior Services at Breeze Park, 11.55 Percentage of Patients
Measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Lutheran Senior Services at Breeze Park, 72.81% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percent of short-term stay patients who experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Saint Charles, MO
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Saint Charles, Missouri has 5 other nursing homes
- Progress West HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.24 miles away2 Progress Point Pkwy O Fallon Missouri 63368Voluntary non-profit - Private(636) 344-1000
- Barnes-Jewish St Peters HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.4 miles away10 Hospital Dr Saint Peters Missouri 63376Voluntary non-profit - Other(636) 916-9000
- Ssm Health Saint Joseph Hospital-Lake Saint LouisAcute Care Hospitals 8.47 miles away100 Medical Plaza Lake Saint Louis Missouri 63367Voluntary non-profit - Church(636) 625-5200
- St Lukes HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.38 miles away232 S Woods Mill Rd Chesterfield Missouri 63017Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 434-1500
- Ssm Health St Joseph Hospital-St CharlesAcute Care Hospitals 10.1 miles away300 1st Capitol Dr Saint Charles Missouri 63301Voluntary non-profit - Private(636) 947-5000
- Barnes-Jewish West County HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.69 miles away12634 Olive Boulevard Saint Louis Missouri 63141Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 996-8000
- Ssm Health Depaul Hospital St LouisAcute Care Hospitals 12.21 miles away12303 Depaul Drive Bridgeton Missouri 63044Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 344-6000
- Missouri Baptist Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.9 miles away3015 N Ballas Rd Saint Louis Missouri 63131Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 996-5000
- Fresenius Medical Services O Fallon2.33 miles away4663 Highway K O Fallon Missouri 63368Dialysis Stations: 12 (636) 300-4036
- Villa of Waterbury4.01 miles away929 Waterbury Falls Drive O Fallon Missouri 63368Dialysis Stations: 6 (636) 329-0697
- Saint Charles County Dialysis5.11 miles away335 Mid Rivers Mall Dr Saint Peters Missouri 63376Dialysis Stations: 21 (636) 970-3730
- St Peters Dialysis6.27 miles away300 1st Executive Ave #A Saint Peters Missouri 63376Dialysis Stations: 12 (636) 441-6070
- Us Renal Care St Charles Dialysis6.81 miles away2655 Muegge Road Suite 101 Saint Charles Missouri 63303Dialysis Stations: 12 (636) 447-2490
- Lake St Louis Dialysis8.87 miles away200 Brevco Plaza Ste 202 Lake Saint Louis Missouri 63367Dialysis Stations: 14 (636) 561-4799
- Lake St Louis at Home8.87 miles away200 Brevco Plaza Suite 202 Lake Saint Louis Missouri 63367Dialysis Stations: 4 (636) 625-4460
- Ellisville Dialysis Center9.28 miles away257 Clarkson Road Ballwin Missouri 63011CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (636) 207-7401