Concord Reserve is a large non-profit nursing home located in Westlake, Ohio. This nursing home received an A- overall, which is among the top ratings we offer. A grade in this range requires excellent scores across the board. Indeed, we were so impressed with this facility that we rated it as one of the top three facilities in Westlake. The best part of this facility's impressive profile is its short-term care score. short-term care grades are discussed in the next section
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Westlake senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Church related
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Lymphedema Care
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
To pair with its strong overall score, we gave this facility a grade of A for short-term care. In determining these short-term care grades, we analyze the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. Our purpose is to devise a scale for comparing the rehabilitation services of different nursing homes. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we assessed the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 6.5 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Adding to its impressive category scores, this facility excelled in the category of inspections, where it earned an A-. Few nursing homes performed as well in this area. These inspection grades weigh several factors, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these factors by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Fortunately, although this facility had a few minor dings on its inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you the inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. We should point out that deficiency-free inspection reports are uncommon in the industry.
Does this page answer your questions about Concord Reserve?
Among its many impressive grades, this facility received an excellent nursing grade. In fact, we gave it a grade of A- in that category. When computing our nursing scores, we assess both the number of hours nurses spend with residents and the training levels of the nurses. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well in terms of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
The last area we scored was long-term care. This facility received an above average long-term care grade this year, with a B-. While this isn't quite as good as some of its other category grades, this is still a respectable score for this category. Our long-term care ratings are more meaningful for patients requiring more traditional assistance related to personal care. Once we looked at the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we turned to the facility's vaccination record. This facility vaccinated 95.588234 percent of its residents against pneumonia, which is better than the majority of nursing homes. This place also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Concord Reserve Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Concord Reserve, 7.3% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of patients who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many experts to be a barometer of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are often the result of residents staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Concord Reserve, 3.68% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of patients that suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injury are considered to be a measure of the quality of nursing care . Major falls resulting in injury are often caused by lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Concord Reserve, 1.34% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered to be a barometer of nursing care . UTI's are often linked to a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. However, this statistic could be skewed for certain facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Concord Reserve, 12.59% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint is an indication of the percent of long-term care patients receiving antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs serve an important medical purpose, it is important to ensure these medications are being used appropriately. In some cases, increased usage of these drugs may indicate a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Concord Reserve, 21.99% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These medications are generally prescribed to residents suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Concord Reserve, 21.39% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who are demonstrating symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Concord Reserve, 88.91% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for seniors, making these types of vaccines critical to patient well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Concord Reserve, 14.84% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living could indicate deterioration of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Concord Reserve, 12.66% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of patients who maintained mobility over time. Preserving mobility is often a good sign for residents' health.
In Concord Reserve, 1.43 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Concord Reserve, 12.66 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Minimizing rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the health of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Concord Reserve, 12.98 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Concord Reserve, 75.85% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percentage of short-term stay residents who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some argue this is a reasonable measure of a facility's rehabilitation services.
Scores for Westlake, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Westlake, Ohio has 4 other nursing homes
- Uh St John Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.81 miles away29000 Center Ridge Road Westlake Ohio 44145Voluntary non-profit - Private(440) 835-8000
- Fairview HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.22 miles away18101 Lorain Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44111Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 476-7000
- Southwest General Health CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.48 miles away18697 Bagley Road Cleveland Ohio 44130Voluntary non-profit - Private(440) 816-6701
- Lutheran HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.33 miles away1730 West 25th Street Cleveland Ohio 44113Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 696-4300
- Metrohealth SystemAcute Care Hospitals 11.54 miles away2500 Metrohealth Drive Cleveland Ohio 44109Voluntary non-profit - Other(216) 778-7089
- St Vincent Charity Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.04 miles away2351 East 22nd Street Cleveland Ohio 44115Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 861-6200
- Cleveland ClinicAcute Care Hospitals 15.82 miles away9500 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44195Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 445-8400
- Mercy Health-Lorain HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.23 miles away3700 Kolbe Road Lorain Ohio 44053Voluntary non-profit - Private(440) 960-4000
- Fmc - Westlake Dialysis Center1.11 miles away26024 Detroit Road Westlake Ohio 44145Dialysis Stations: 23 (440) 835-1139
- Center for Dialysis Care Westside Home Care LLC1.41 miles away24651 Center Ridge Rd Suite 450 Westlake Ohio 44145Dialysis Stations: 10 (440) 899-2808
- Davita - Villa of Great Northern3.5 miles away22710 Fairview Center Dr., Ste 100 Cleveland Ohio 44126Dialysis Stations: 7 (440) 734-4630
- Davita - Hilliard Dialysis4.6 miles away19133 Hilliard Blvd Rocky River Ohio 44116CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (216) 712-4700
- Center for Dialysis Care Middleburg Heights6.41 miles away6749 Eastland Road Cleveland Ohio 44130Dialysis Stations: 20 (440) 234-3916
- Fmc - Lakewood Ohio Dialysis7.15 miles away13900 Detroit Avenue Lakewood Ohio 44107Dialysis Stations: 12 (216) 221-3034
- Fmc - Cleveland Clinic West7.37 miles away14670 Snow Road Brookpark Ohio 44142CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (216) 267-1451
- Davita - Middleburg Heights Dialysis8.05 miles away7360 Engle Road Cleveland Ohio 44130Dialysis Stations: 24 (440) 891-5645