Concord Reserve is a large non-profit nursing home located in Westlake, Ohio. We gave this facility an overall grade of B. A score in this range requires solid scores in most areas. In fact, we thought highly enough of this nursing home to rank it ahead of most of the facilities in Westlake. The best aspect of this facility's strong profile is its inspection rating. Inspection reports are discussed in the next paragraph
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Church related
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Lymphedema Care
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to earning a great overall rating, this nursing home fared even better in the area of inspections which is associated with the facility's recent government inspection reports. We awarded it a grade of A- for that area, which is one of our highest grades. Arguably the most significant factor we look at in calculating our inspection scores is deficiencies. These deficiencies can be found on a facility's recent inspection reports. Places with better scores in this category typically dodged the more severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. This nursing home was assessed 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none were considered to be severe deficiencies. This indicates that CMS didn't consider any of the deficiencies to cause an imminent threat to resident safety or health. The fact that the deficiencies were relatively minor leaves us less concerned with this inspection report.
Building on its strong performance in other areas, we gave this nursing home an B+ for our nursing rating. Our nursing score is mostly based on a nursing home's nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided 0.6 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can typically be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Concord Reserve?
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home is also strong in the category of short-term care, where it received a score of B+. It outpaced most facilities in this area. Our short-term care scores are based on a facility's quantity of highly-skilled nursing services. This means a broad range of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, in addition to other types of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we considered the percentage of residents who who were able to eventually return home from this nursing home. We found that 5.8 percent of this nursing home's patients were able to return home.
Long-term Care Quality
Switching gears to our fourth category, this facility received a respectable long-term care score of C. For residents looking for a permanent residence rather than rehabilitation, long-term care grades are very important. On top of looking at the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home gave the vaccine to 99.37107 percent of its patients, which is better than the average nursing home. Lastly, this place was also able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Concord Reserve Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Concord Reserve, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of residents who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage caused by remaining in the same position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Concord Reserve, 3.69% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of residents who sustained a major fall. Falls leading to major injury are routinely the result of lower quality nursing care. Better nursing protocols can limit the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Concord Reserve, 1.8% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered to be a barometer of nursing care . UTI's are often linked to a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. However, this statistic could be skewed for certain facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Concord Reserve, 13.22% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint is an indication of the percent of long-term care patients receiving antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs serve an important medical purpose, it is important to ensure these medications are being used appropriately. In some cases, increased usage of these drugs may indicate a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Concord Reserve, 22.35% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These medications are generally prescribed to residents suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Concord Reserve, 20% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who are demonstrating symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Concord Reserve, 90.19% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for seniors, making these types of vaccines critical to patient well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Concord Reserve, 15.17% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living could indicate deterioration of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Concord Reserve, 18.5% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of patients who maintained mobility over time. Preserving mobility is often a good sign for residents' health.
In Concord Reserve, 1.39 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Concord Reserve, 18.5 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Minimizing rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the health of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Concord Reserve, 11.81 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Concord Reserve, 74.54% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percentage of short-term stay residents who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some argue this is a reasonable measure of a facility's rehabilitation services.
Scores for Westlake, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Westlake, Ohio has 7 other nursing homes
- Uh St John Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.81 miles away29000 Center Ridge Road Westlake Ohio 44145Voluntary non-profit - Private(440) 835-8000
- Fairview HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.22 miles away18101 Lorain Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44111Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 476-7000
- Southwest General Health CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.48 miles away18697 Bagley Road Cleveland Ohio 44130Voluntary non-profit - Private(440) 816-6701
- Lutheran HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.33 miles away1730 West 25th Street Cleveland Ohio 44113Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 696-4300
- Metrohealth SystemAcute Care Hospitals 11.54 miles away2500 Metrohealth Drive Cleveland Ohio 44109Voluntary non-profit - Other(216) 778-7089
- St Vincent Charity Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.04 miles away2351 East 22nd Street Cleveland Ohio 44115Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 861-6200
- Cleveland ClinicAcute Care Hospitals 15.82 miles away9500 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44195Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 445-8400
- Mercy Health-Lorain HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.23 miles away3700 Kolbe Road Lorain Ohio 44053Voluntary non-profit - Private(440) 960-4000
- Fmc - Westlake Dialysis Center1.11 miles away26024 Detroit Road Westlake Ohio 44145Dialysis Stations: 23 (440) 835-1139
- Center for Dialysis Care Westside Home Care LLC1.41 miles away24651 Center Ridge Rd Suite 450 Westlake Ohio 44145Dialysis Stations: 10 (440) 899-2808
- Davita - Villa of Great Northern3.5 miles away22710 Fairview Center Dr., Ste 100 Cleveland Ohio 44126Dialysis Stations: 7 (440) 734-4630
- Davita - Hilliard Dialysis4.6 miles away19133 Hilliard Blvd Rocky River Ohio 44116CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (216) 712-4700
- Center for Dialysis Care Middleburg Heights6.41 miles away6749 Eastland Road Cleveland Ohio 44130Dialysis Stations: 20 (440) 234-3916
- Fmc - Lakewood Ohio Dialysis7.15 miles away13900 Detroit Avenue Lakewood Ohio 44107Dialysis Stations: 12 (216) 221-3034
- Fmc - Cleveland Clinic West7.37 miles away14670 Snow Road Brookpark Ohio 44142CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (216) 267-1451
- Davita - Middleburg Heights Dialysis8.05 miles away7360 Engle Road Cleveland Ohio 44130Dialysis Stations: 24 (440) 891-5645