With an address in Telford, Pennsylvania, Lutheran Community at Telford is the sole facility we found in the city. After receiving an A+ overall grade, this nursing home has the distinction of being one of the top 50 facilities in Pennsylvania. As far as we can see, this nursing home looks like a no brainer for most people. If you look further down this page, you will see this place's category ratings, which look to be equally strong as its overall grade.
Lutheran Community at Telford
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
12 Lutheran Home Drive,
Telford PA 18969
75.86% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a strong nursing home overall, it also earned A+ inspections in recent years. Its inspections were nearly perfect. Inspection ratings are based on pieces of information found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that receive favorable grades in this area tend to have very few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these places should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. Unfortunately, we were not able to track down deficiency data for this facility. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
Contributing to its high-end resume, this facility also excelled in our short-term care category. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A in that area. Short-term care grades are commonly employed to measure a nursing home's performance with rehabilitation. In order to provide highly rated rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally must have higher levels of skilled nursing. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists and other highly trained professionals. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we looked at the number of residents that eventually returned home from this facility. We found that 6.3 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Lutheran Community at Telford?
Adding to its impressive resume, this nursing home also excelled in our nursing category. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A for that category. Nursing scores are mostly tied to the facility's level of nurse staffing. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well when it comes to minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
Moving on to the last category, this nursing home was given a highly favorable long-term care rating. We awarded it a grade of A in this area, resulting in this facility receiving straight A's. For prospective residents in need of a permanent residence as opposed to rehabilitation, long-term care grades are very important. On top of assessing the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility vaccinated 83.17308 percent of its residents. This is somewhat below what we were hoping for but still a reasonably acceptable percentage. While its vaccination rate was a bit lower than we hoped for, at least this place was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Lutheran Community at Telford Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Lutheran Community at Telford, 7.59% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many experts to be a measure of the quality of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are often the result of patients not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Lutheran Community at Telford, 3.37% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is an indication of the percentage of long-term residents who sustained a fall which resulted in serious injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls could be an indicator of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Lutheran Community at Telford, 1.9% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are often caused by a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. However, this metric could also be misleading for certain facilities due to different reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Lutheran Community at Telford, 15.54% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is an indication of the percentage of long-term patients which were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Excessive reliance on these medications may indicate that a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents in scenarios where such drugs are not medically required. Nevertheless, some facilities need to rely on these medications due to having more residents with Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Lutheran Community at Telford, 19.74% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is an indication of the percentage of long-term residents receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Lutheran Community at Telford, 3.12% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term residents exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Lutheran Community at Telford, 88.22% of Patients
This is the percent of residents who were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Lutheran Community at Telford, 14.84% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Lutheran Community at Telford, 21.64% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of patients who maintained mobility over time. Optimizing mobility is often a great sign for residents' health.
In Lutheran Community at Telford, 1.31 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
Measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Lutheran Community at Telford, 21.64 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care. Avoiding rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the health of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Lutheran Community at Telford, 8.92 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Lutheran Community at Telford, 72.59% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term care residents that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
- Grand View HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.3 miles away700 Lawn Avenue Sellersville Pennsylvania 18960Voluntary non-profit - Other(215) 453-4615
- Lansdale HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.22 miles away100 Medical Campus Drive Lansdale Pennsylvania 19446Voluntary non-profit - Other(215) 368-2100
- St Luke's Quakertown HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.57 miles away1021 Park Avenue Quakertown Pennsylvania 18951Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 538-4500
- Doylestown HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.55 miles away595 West State St Doylestown Pennsylvania 18901Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 345-2200
- Horsham ClinicPsychiatric 12.43 miles away722 East Butler Pike Ambler Pennsylvania 19002Proprietary(215) 643-7800
- Einstein Medical Center MontgomeryAcute Care Hospitals 12.53 miles away559 West Germantown Pike Norristown Pennsylvania 19403Voluntary non-profit - Private(484) 662-1000
- Suburban Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.33 miles away2701 Dekalb Pike Norristown Pennsylvania 19401Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 278-2000
- Pottstown HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.01 miles away1600 East High Street Pottstown Pennsylvania 19464Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 327-7000
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Sellersville Dialysis3.26 miles away1105 Bethlehem Pike Sellersville Pennsylvania 18960CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (215) 257-0950
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Lansdale6.32 miles away120 Medical Campus Drive Lansdale Pennsylvania 19446CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (215) 853-8300
- Davita North Wales Dialysis6.96 miles away1551 S. Valley Forge Road Lansdale Pennsylvania 19446Dialysis Stations: 13 (215) 361-6192
- Davita - St. Luke's Quakertown Dialysis7.62 miles away1021 Park Avenue Quakertown Pennsylvania 18951Dialysis Stations: 12 (215) 536-8184
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Abramson7.96 miles away1425 Horsham Rd North Wales Pennsylvania 19454Dialysis Stations: 9 (215) 646-3525
- Belmont Court Dialysis - Doylestown Campus10.72 miles away252 Belmont Avenue Doylestown Pennsylvania 18901Dialysis Stations: 22 (215) 348-7333
- Liberty Dialysis - Doylestown10.97 miles away2800 Kelly Road, Suite 110 Warrington Pennsylvania 18976CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (215) 488-7226
- Fresenius Kidney Care - East Norriton13.02 miles away2925 Dekalb Pike Norristown Pennsylvania 19401CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (610) 279-0776