Lutheran Community at Telford is in Telford, Pennsylvania. With an overall score of A, this is undoubtedly a superb facility. In fact, this nursing home has the distinction of being one of the 100 best facilities in Pennsylvania. This is an impressive accomplishment in a state with a long list of high-end facilities. Finally, this wound up being a very consistent facility with consistently strong scores in all four of our categories. Additional information about these categories is available below.
Lutheran Community at Telford
Updated May 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
12 Lutheran Home Drive,
Telford PA 18969
79.33% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
We also wanted to emphasize the fact that this facility has received near flawless health inspections recently. We gave them an impressive grade of A+ in this area. Our inspection ratings weigh several factors included in a facility's inspection report. One key criteria we rely on is the number and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with better scores in this area typically have very few of these severe deficiencies. Unfortunately, we weren't able to locate information about this nursing home's deficiencies. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
One of the other reasons we rated this facility so highly is that it earned a very impressive nursing rating. Nursing proved to be its second best category grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of A. Our nursing score is based on several subcategories, but the paramount consideration is the level of nurse hours per patient per week. This nursing home boasts a really impressive 4.2 hours of nursing care per patient each day, of which a significant percentage of those hours were provided by registered nurses. This is one of the most highly trained levels of nurses. On top of offering high levels of care, this facility also excelled in several of the quality-based metrics we assessed. With less than 5 percent of its patients suffering from pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility the nation in this category. This is generally an indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Many pressure ulcers could be prevented by offering better nursing care and having a policy of moving residents more frequently.
Does this page answer your questions about Lutheran Community at Telford?
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home also was superb in the area of short-term care, where it received a score of A. Very few nursing homes received a better grade in this category. Our short-term care ratings are vital for patients seeking rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally mandates additional highly-skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes a wide scope of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. One of this nursing home's strengths is registered nurse hours. This facility offers more care from registered nurses than most nursing homes. Lastly, we assessed the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. It outperformed the vast majority of facilities in the nation in this area with 59.9 percent of its patients returning home.
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to our last area, this facility also performed admirably in the long-term care category. We awarded it an A- for that area. This rounded out a straight A report card. Long-term care scores of this caliber generally require both 24/7 care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine medical care. This nursing home's vaccination records weren't as strong as its number of nursing hours per resident. This facility provided the pneumonia vaccine to just 83.009705 percent of its residents. We would like to see some improvement herein this statistic in the future. While its vaccination rate was a bit lower than we had hoped, we were pleased to find facility was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0.68 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Lutheran Community at Telford Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Lutheran Community at Telford, 7.73% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a barometer of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are often caused by patients not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Lutheran Community at Telford, 3.42% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of patients who suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to major injuries are routinely linked to lower levels of patient supervision. Closer supervision can limit the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Lutheran Community at Telford, 1.81% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents that have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are often associated with poor nursing care. Nevertheless, this datapoint may also be skewed for some nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Lutheran Community at Telford, 15.6% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients given antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications may be helpful for many residents, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In limited cases, excessive reliance on these medications may mean that a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Lutheran Community at Telford, 19.49% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic tells you the percentage of long-term residents receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Lutheran Community at Telford, 3.38% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term patients exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Lutheran Community at Telford, 89.35% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Lutheran Community at Telford, 15.62% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Lutheran Community at Telford, 23.88% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of patients who remained mobile levels over time. Optimizing mobility is usually a good sign for residents' health.
In Lutheran Community at Telford, 1.24 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint measures the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. Staying out of the hospital is key to the physical health of residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Lutheran Community at Telford, 23.88 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care. There is generally a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Lutheran Community at Telford, 8.79 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Lutheran Community at Telford, 72.17% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of short-term care residents who experienced functional improvements.
- Grand View HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.3 miles away700 Lawn Avenue Sellersville Pennsylvania 18960Voluntary non-profit - Other(215) 453-4615
- Lansdale HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.22 miles away100 Medical Campus Drive Lansdale Pennsylvania 19446Voluntary non-profit - Other(215) 368-2100
- St Luke's Quakertown HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.57 miles away1021 Park Avenue Quakertown Pennsylvania 18951Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 538-4500
- Doylestown HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.55 miles away595 West State St Doylestown Pennsylvania 18901Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 345-2200
- Horsham ClinicPsychiatric 12.43 miles away722 East Butler Pike Ambler Pennsylvania 19002Proprietary(215) 643-7800
- Einstein Medical Center MontgomeryAcute Care Hospitals 12.53 miles away559 West Germantown Pike Norristown Pennsylvania 19403Voluntary non-profit - Private(484) 662-1000
- Suburban Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.33 miles away2701 Dekalb Pike Norristown Pennsylvania 19401Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 278-2000
- Pottstown HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.01 miles away1600 East High Street Pottstown Pennsylvania 19464Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 327-7000
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Sellersville Dialysis3.26 miles away1105 Bethlehem Pike Sellersville Pennsylvania 18960CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (215) 257-0950
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Lansdale6.32 miles away120 Medical Campus Drive Lansdale Pennsylvania 19446CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (215) 853-8300
- Davita North Wales Dialysis6.96 miles away1551 S. Valley Forge Road Lansdale Pennsylvania 19446Dialysis Stations: 13 (215) 361-6192
- Davita - St. Luke's Quakertown Dialysis7.62 miles away1021 Park Avenue Quakertown Pennsylvania 18951Dialysis Stations: 12 (215) 536-8184
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Abramson7.96 miles away1425 Horsham Rd North Wales Pennsylvania 19454Dialysis Stations: 9 (215) 646-3525
- Belmont Court Dialysis - Doylestown Campus10.72 miles away252 Belmont Avenue Doylestown Pennsylvania 18901Dialysis Stations: 22 (215) 348-7333
- Liberty Dialysis - Doylestown10.97 miles away2800 Kelly Road, Suite 110 Warrington Pennsylvania 18976CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (215) 488-7226
- Fresenius Kidney Care - East Norriton13.02 miles away2925 Dekalb Pike Norristown Pennsylvania 19401CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (610) 279-0776