Lourdes Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center is an average-sized non-profit nursing home in Waterford, Michigan. This facility was given an impressive overall grade of B, resulting in it being the number one rated facility in the city. Based on our assessment, this nursing home ought to meet the needs of most people. The best part of this nursing home's strong profile was its short-term care rating. We discuss short-term care in the next section
Lourdes Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
2300 Watkins Lake Rd,
Waterford MI 48328
68.79% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
On top of receiving a strong overall score, this nursing home fared well in our short-term care category. We awarded it an A for that category, which is one of our highest grades. In calculating our short-term care ratings, we analyze the facility's levels of skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists respiratory therapists and other types of therapists. This category is frequently a fair measure of the nursing home's ability to rehabilitate patients. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. However, according to the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final datapoint we considered in this area is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the facility and return home. We discovered that 6.1 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
One of the other reasons we rated this facility so highly is that it earned a very impressive nursing score. In fact, nursing proved to be its second best category grade. In that category, we awarded this nursing home an A-. In calculating our nursing ratings, we look at both nursing hours and the levels of licensure of the nurses. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can many times be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Lourdes Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center?
In addition, this facility also excelled in the category of inspections, where it received an impressive grade of B+. Few nursing homes performed better in this category. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in determining our inspection scores. One key factor is deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of the deficiencies is usually more important than the number of deficiencies, as some of these can be relatively insignificant. This facility received 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe deficiencies. This tells you that the government inspectors did not deem any of these deficiencies to be an immediate threat to patient safety or health. The fact that none of the deficiencies were severe made us feel better about this inspection report.
Long-term Care Quality
The next area we assessed was long-term care, which ended up being this facility's least impressive category. We gave it an F for this category, which is obviously somewhat concerning. For long-term care residents, the primary objective is to keep patients healthy and safe. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate patients. Once we assessed the volume of nursing care, we next considered the facility's vaccination record. We were optimistic to find that this facility vaccinated 100 percent of its patients for pneumonia. To our surprise, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this facility had fewer hospitalizations than the majority of nursing homes. Sadly, some of its other scores in this category weren't as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Lourdes Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Lourdes Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 8.78% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric is an indication of the percentage of long-term patients who developed pressure ulcers or bed sores. We bake this statistic into both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Lourdes Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 2.9% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of residents who have had a fall which resulted in severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Lourdes Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 2.36% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint indicates the percentage of long-term stay patients that have experienced a urinary tract infection. While more infections could reflect poorly on a facility's cleanliness, it can be problematic to compare between facilities due to nursing homes having differing reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Lourdes Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 13.11% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of patients given antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic drugs are prescribed to patients for many conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias. Tragically, in some situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Lourdes Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 18.81% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic gauges the percentage of long-term care patients taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Lourdes Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 3.44% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who are demonstrating depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Lourdes Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 91.43% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Lourdes Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 12.1% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term residents that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and bathing. Many in the industry argue that this is a reliable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Lourdes Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 17.7% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who retained mobility levels. Many would argue that mobility is critical to patients physical and mental well-being.
In Lourdes Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 1.47 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. Staying out of the hospital is key to maintaining the physical well-being of nursing home residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Lourdes Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 17.7 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Lourdes Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 10.81 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is a correlation between fewer emergency room visits and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Lourdes Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 77.3% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term patients that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
- Mclaren OaklandAcute Care Hospitals 4.11 miles away50 N Perry St Pontiac Michigan 48342Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 338-5000
- St Joseph Mercy OaklandAcute Care Hospitals 5.77 miles away44405 Woodward Ave Pontiac Michigan 48341Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 858-3000
- Henry Ford West Bloomfield HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.53 miles away6777 West Maple Road West Bloomfield Michigan 48322Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 325-1000
- Ascension Providence Rochester HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.53 miles away1101 W University Drive Rochester Michigan 48307Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 652-5000
- Beaumont Hospital, Royal OakAcute Care Hospitals 13.6 miles away3601 W Thirteen Mile Rd Royal Oak Michigan 48073Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 898-5000
- Beaumont Hospital - Farmington HillsAcute Care Hospitals 16 miles away28050 Grand River Avenue Farmington Michigan 48336Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 471-8000
- Ascension Providence HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.68 miles away16001 W Nine Mile Rd Southfield Michigan 48075Voluntary non-profit - Church(248) 849-3011
- St Mary Mercy HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19.36 miles away36475 Five Mile Road Livonia Michigan 48154Voluntary non-profit - Private(734) 655-4800
- Davita - North Oakland Dialysis3.78 miles away450 N Telegraph Rd Ste 600 Pontiac Michigan 48341CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (248) 333-2230
- Clarkston Dialysis of Davita4.73 miles away6770 Dixie Hwy Ste 205 Clarkston Michigan 48346Dialysis Stations: 22 (248) 620-0958
- Greenfield Hs - Pontiac5.89 miles away44200 Woodward Ave Ste 109 Pontiac Michigan 48341CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (248) 322-7253
- Davita - Orchard Square Dialysis6.56 miles away1900 S Telegraph Rd Ste 200 Bloomfield Hills Michigan 48302Dialysis Stations: 20 (248) 451-0954
- Commerce Township Dialysis of Davita7.81 miles away120 W Commerce Rd Commerce Township Michigan 48382Dialysis Stations: 12 (248) 363-4862
- Davita West Bloomfield Dialysis9.03 miles away6010 W Maple Rd Ste 215 West Bloomfield Michigan 48322Dialysis Stations: 10 (248) 539-1025
- Rochester Hills Dialysis of Davita9.9 miles away1886 W Auburn Rd Suite 100 Rochester Michigan 48309CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (248) 299-7901
- Fms Rochester Hills, LLC10.09 miles away1406 Walton Blvd Rochester Michigan 48309Dialysis Stations: 13 (248) 608-5455