Lopatcong Center is a large nursing home located in Phillipsburg, New Jersey. This is a quality nursing home. We gave this it an overall grade of B+, which is a well above average score. Based on our assessment, this nursing home is a solid choice for most people. This facility's strong report card was highlighted by its inspection reports, which is addressed in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Nursing Home
Updated Nov 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Phillipsburg senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Best Nursing Home in Phillipsburg, New Jersey Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Phillipsburg, New Jersey Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Phillipsburg, New Jersey Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for our inspections rating. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in calculating our inspection scores. One of those factors is health deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of the deficiencies is usually more meaningful than the number of deficiencies, as some of these can be relatively minor. Amazingly, this was one of the few nursing homes in the country that had no deficiencies whatsoever on its inspection report. This is very impressive. You really can't do much better than a deficiency-free inspection report.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility performed well in our short-term care category. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A- for that area, which is one of our highest scores. Our short-term care ratings are presumably most meaningful for patients in need of a nursing home for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually mandates additional skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes not just nursing services, but also physical and speech therapy, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last metric we looked at in this area is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return home. We found that 5.4 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Lopatcong Center?
Another one of this facility's impressive category grades came in the area of nursing care. We awarded them one of our better scores in that area, with a grade of B. In calculating our nursing grades, we analyze both nursing hours and the levels of licensure of the nurses. This particular nursing home provided 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well in the area of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home's weakest area is long-term care, which is the last category we scored. For this area, we awarded this nursing home a grade of just D. We would like to to draw your attention to this possible weak link, but you should not focus exclusively on one bad area either. When facilities receive a score in this range in long-term care it typically means the facility did not perform well in our measures relating to patient care. Once we assessed the quantity of care provided by nurses, we then looked at the facility's vaccination record. We were a bit bothered by the fact that this facility vaccinated just 82.729805 percent of its residents for pneumonia. Surprisingly, this place was actually decent at keeping its residents out of the hospital. It had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. This is its best score in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Lopatcong Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Lopatcong Center, 11.2% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic is is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents who have pressure ulcers. We've found that pressure ulcers are an barometer of nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Lopatcong Center, 2.51% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of residents who have had a fall which caused serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Lopatcong Center, 0.63% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections could be linked to poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Lopatcong Center, 9.88% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of patients prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic drugs are given to residents for many medical conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias. Unfortunately, in limited situations, excessive reliance on these medications may mean a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Lopatcong Center, 28.57% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure gauges the percent of long-term residents taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Lopatcong Center, 9.25% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents demonstrating signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Lopatcong Center, 89.79% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Lopatcong Center, 12.92% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living may indicate deterioration of a resident's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Lopatcong Center, 16% of Residents
This indicates the percent of residents who retained mobility levels over time. Retaining mobility can be a good sign for residents' health.
In Lopatcong Center, 0.02 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Lopatcong Center, 16% of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Lopatcong Center, 7.59% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to measure the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Lopatcong Center, 89.93% of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term care patients who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of performance with ADL's usually correlates with higher quality rehabilitation.
- St Luke's Warren HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.73 miles away185 Roseberry St Phillipsburg New Jersey 08865Voluntary non-profit - Other(908) 847-6700
- Easton HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.16 miles away250 South 21st Street Easton Pennsylvania 18042Proprietary(610) 250-4076
- St Luke's Hospital - Anderson CampusAcute Care Hospitals 7.48 miles away1872 St Luke's Blvd Easton Pennsylvania 18045Voluntary non-profit - Private(484) 503-3000
- St Luke's Hospital BethlehemAcute Care Hospitals 13.64 miles away801 Ostrum Street Bethlehem Pennsylvania 18015Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 954-4000
- Sacred Heart HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.15 miles away421 Chew Street Allentown Pennsylvania 18102Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 776-4900
- Lehigh Valley Hospital - PoconoAcute Care Hospitals 19.83 miles away206 East Brown Street East Stroudsburg Pennsylvania 18301Voluntary non-profit - Private(570) 421-4000
- Hunterdon Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 19.98 miles away2100 Wescott Drive Flemington New Jersey 08822Voluntary non-profit - Private(908) 788-6100
- Fmc Phillipsburg Dialysis Ctr1.37 miles away471 Center Street Kidney Treatment Center Phillipsburg New Jersey 08865CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (908) 454-7440
- Davita - Palmer Dialysis Center4.77 miles away30 Community Drive Easton Pennsylvania 18045CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (610) 258-8855
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Easton5.62 miles away3501 Northwood Avenue Easton Pennsylvania 18045Dialysis Stations: 30 (610) 253-4278
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Slatebelt11.34 miles away525 East West Street Wind Gap Pennsylvania 18091Dialysis Stations: 12 (610) 863-7852
- Bio-Medical Applications of Pennsylvania, Inc11.58 miles away1005 Harvard Avenue Bethlehem Pennsylvania 18015Dialysis Stations: 17 (610) 997-8350
- Davita - St. Luke's Bethlehem13.02 miles away1425 8th Avenue Bethlehem Pennsylvania 18018CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (484) 403-4304
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Bethlehem13.6 miles away2014 City Line Road, Suite 102 Bethlehem Pennsylvania 18017CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (610) 264-9660
- Etowah Dialysis, LLC16.55 miles away1220 3rd Street Whitehall Pennsylvania 18052Dialysis Stations: 13 (610) 266-1706