Located in Springfield, Massachusetts, Loomis Lakeside at Reeds Landing is one of a mere three available facilities in this city. It looks like this nursing home is among the highest-rated facilities we found. This nursing home received one of the most impressive grades we offer. In fact, we ranked this facility in the top fifth of all nursing homes in the United States. As you will find below, this place also performed well in our category grades. It would be hard to find any major flaws in this place's profile.
Loomis Lakeside at Reeds Landing
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Top Nursing Home in Massachusetts Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Massachusetts Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in Massachusetts Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this facility an A+ for our inspections rating. Inspection ratings weigh several factors, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these factors by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This place was hit with 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe deficiencies. This indicates that CMS didn't consider any of these deficiencies to cause an immediate risk to resident health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility also excelled in the category of short-term care, where we gave it a grade of A. Very few facilities performed better in this area. With our short-term care rating, we strive to craft a meaningful gauge for rehabilitation. In doing so, we analyze the facility's level of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as occupational therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final measure we assessed in this area is the number of residents that were able to return home from the nursing home. We found that 5.5 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about Loomis Lakeside at Reeds Landing?
Long-term Care Quality
Adding to its strong assessment, this facility also was awarded a strong long-term care score, with a score of A-. Long-term care ratings in this range generally require both 24/7 care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine healthcare services. After considering the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination statistics. This nursing home vaccinated 93.396225 percent of its patients against pneumonia, which is a bit lower than we were hoping for but still a reasonably acceptable figure. Finally, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
The final area we rated is nursing, where this nursing home was awarded a grade of B+. This finished off a first-rate profile. Very few facilities earned a B+ or better in all four categories. Our nursing score is based on several subcategories, but the paramount consideration is the level of nurse hours spent with patients. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can generally be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Loomis Lakeside at Reeds Landing Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Loomis Lakeside at Reeds Landing, 6.44% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of patients that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are often caused by residents not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing protocols minimizes the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Loomis Lakeside at Reeds Landing, 3.68% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of residents that sustained a fall which caused serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Loomis Lakeside at Reeds Landing, 2.42% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care patients who have experienced UTI's. UTI's may be an indicator of a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. However, this datapoint could be misleading for certain nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Loomis Lakeside at Reeds Landing, 19.05% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of patients who were given antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic medications are prescribed to residents for many conditions, such as dementia. Sadly, in limited cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Loomis Lakeside at Reeds Landing, 18.65% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of residents who were prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are prescribed to patients experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Loomis Lakeside at Reeds Landing, 1.93% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Loomis Lakeside at Reeds Landing, 91.44% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay patients that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Loomis Lakeside at Reeds Landing, 15.15% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of residents that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Loomis Lakeside at Reeds Landing, 17.66% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of patients who remained mobile levels over time. Preserving mobility is often a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Loomis Lakeside at Reeds Landing, 1.44 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. Minimizing hospitalizations is key to preserving the physical health of residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Loomis Lakeside at Reeds Landing, 17.66 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Loomis Lakeside at Reeds Landing, 10.93 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Loomis Lakeside at Reeds Landing, 71.35% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percent of short-term residents that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many would argue that this is a reasonable measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation services.
- Mercy Medical CtrAcute Care Hospitals 3.07 miles away271 Carew Street Springfield Massachusetts 01104Voluntary non-profit - Private(413) 748-9000
- Baystate Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.63 miles away759 Chestnut Street Springfield Massachusetts 01199Voluntary non-profit - Private(413) 794-0000
- Holyoke Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.53 miles away575 Beech Street Holyoke Massachusetts 01040Voluntary non-profit - Private(413) 534-2500
- Baystate Wing Hospital and Medical CentersAcute Care Hospitals 10.59 miles away40 Wright Street Palmer Massachusetts 01069Voluntary non-profit - Other(413) 283-7651
- Baystate Noble HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.42 miles away115 West Silver Street Westfield Massachusetts 01085Voluntary non-profit - Private(413) 568-2811
- Cooley Dickinson Hospital Inc,TheAcute Care Hospitals 16.27 miles away30 Locust Street Northampton Massachusetts 01060Voluntary non-profit - Private(413) 582-2000
- Rockville General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.72 miles away31 Union St Vernon Rockville Connecticut 06066Proprietary(860) 872-5160
- East Springfield Dialysis (Bma of Massachusetts)0.71 miles away1515 State Street Springfield Massachusetts 01109CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (413) 732-1586
- Springfield Dialysis Center2.91 miles away125 Liberty Street, Suite 101 Springfield Massachusetts 01103Dialysis Stations: 16 (413) 736-9600
- Western Mass. Kidney Center (Bma Springfield)3.31 miles away2000 Main Street Springfield Massachusetts 01103CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 33 (413) 739-4751
- Ara-Ludlow Dialysis, LLC4.12 miles away14 Chestnut Place, Suite B Ludlow Massachusetts 01056CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (413) 583-7983
- Chicopee Dialysis Center4.57 miles awayI 391 Industrial Park 317 Meadow Street Chicopee Massachusetts 01013Dialysis Stations: 17 (413) 535-2529
- Dialysis Center of Western Massachusetts4.64 miles away601 Memorial Drive, Suite H Chicopee Massachusetts 01020Dialysis Stations: 15 (413) 593-3078
- Pioneer Valley Dialysis Center4.72 miles away208 Ashley Avenue West Springfield Massachusetts 01089CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (413) 750-3400
- Heritage Dialysis Center, LLC4.83 miles away67 Cooper Street Agawam Massachusetts 01001Dialysis Stations: 13 (413) 786-2022