Longmeadow of Taunton is one of only three available facilities in Taunton, Massachusetts. This turns out to be an A+ facility. Being awarded an A+ in our grading system takes superb performance across the board. We were so impressed with this facility that we ranked it in the top ten percent of all nursing homes in the country. One of the major highlights of this facility's exemplary profile is its short-term care rating. We discuss short-term care in the next paragraph.
Longmeadow of Taunton
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
68 Dean Street - Rear,
Taunton MA 02780
82.9% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Best Nursing Home in Taunton, Massachusetts Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Taunton, Massachusetts Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
We also wanted to emphasize the fact that this facility received an impressive grade of A in our short-term care category. Our short-term care grades are meaningful for individuals needing rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally requires more skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes a broad spectrum of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. However, based on the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we considered the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 6.4 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Long-term Care Quality
To add to its high-end achievements in other areas, we gave this facility a score of A for its long-term care score. When facilities receive this type of score in long-term care it is a good sign for resident care and indicates that the nursing home is well-staffed with nurses and aids. Once we looked at the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination data. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is significantly higher than most nursing homes. Finally, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Longmeadow of Taunton?
In addition, this nursing home also received excellent government inspections in recent years. We awarded it one of our best scores in that category, with an impressive grade of A. Our inspection grades weigh several factors included in a facility's inspection report. One of the most important criteria we consider is the number and severity of deficiencies. Places with higher grades in this category usually have very few severe deficiencies. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Moving on to the last area, this facility also excelled in the nursing category. We gave it an A for that area. This wrapped up truly elite profile. In computing our nursing scores, we factor in both staffing levels and the training levels of the nurses. This particular nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can generally be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Longmeadow of Taunton Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Longmeadow of Taunton, 6.44% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint indicates the percent of long-term stay residents who have pressure ulcers or bed sores. We consider this statistic when determining our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Longmeadow of Taunton, 3.68% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric tells you the percent of long-term residents who sustained a fall leading to severe injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls could be an indication of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Longmeadow of Taunton, 2.42% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of patients that suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered by many experts to be a measure of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are often linked to a facility with lower levels of hygiene. Nevertheless, this datapoint can be misleading for some nursing homes due to different reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Longmeadow of Taunton, 19.05% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of residents prescribed antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications may be helpful for many patients, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used appropriately. In some cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean that a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Longmeadow of Taunton, 18.65% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of residents who were given antianxiety medications. These drugs are generally given to patients experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Longmeadow of Taunton, 1.93% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term residents demonstrating signs of depression. Many in the industry would argue this is a measure of resident quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Longmeadow of Taunton, 91.44% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients that were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Longmeadow of Taunton, 15.15% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Longmeadow of Taunton, 17.66% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of patients who remained mobile levels over time. Preserving mobility is often a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Longmeadow of Taunton, 1.44 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of care. There is typically a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Longmeadow of Taunton, 17.66 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Avoiding the hospital during rehabilitation is key to restoring the physical abilities of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Longmeadow of Taunton, 10.93 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to assess short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Longmeadow of Taunton, 71.35% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of short-term stay patients that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some would argue that this is a reasonable measure of a facility's rehabilitation services.
- Morton HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.79 miles away88 Washington Street Taunton Massachusetts 02780Proprietary(508) 828-7000
- Sturdy Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.27 miles away211 Park Street Attleboro Massachusetts 02703Voluntary non-profit - Other(508) 222-5200
- Good Samaritan Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.53 miles away235 North Pearl Street Brockton Massachusetts 02301Proprietary(508) 427-3000
- Signature Healthcare Brockton HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.57 miles away680 Center Street Brockton Massachusetts 02302Voluntary non-profit - Other(508) 941-7000
- Southcoast Hospital Group, IncAcute Care Hospitals 14.08 miles away363 Highland Avenue Fall River Massachusetts 02720Voluntary non-profit - Private(508) 679-3131
- Saint Anne's HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.49 miles away795 Middle Street Fall River Massachusetts 02721Proprietary(508) 674-5600
- The Miriam HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.67 miles away164 Summit Avenue Providence Rhode Island 02906Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 793-2500
- Emma Pendleton Bradley HospitalPsychiatric 16.69 miles away1011 Veterans Memorial Parkway Riverside Rhode Island 02915Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 432-1000
- Taunton Regional Dialysis Center2.53 miles awayMill River Place 1 Washington St, Suite 9 Taunton Massachusetts 02780CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (508) 828-5986
- Attleboro Dialysis Center10.53 miles away111 Pleasant St Attleboro Massachusetts 02703Dialysis Stations: 13 (508) 226-0218
- Dialysis Center of Attleboro LLC10.63 miles away217 South Main Street Store 7 Attleboro Massachusetts 02703Dialysis Stations: 18 (508) 236-6041
- Fall River Kidney Center LLC12.84 miles away48 Weaver Street Fall River Massachusetts 02720CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 41 (508) 677-4911
- Brockton Dialysis Center, LLC13.55 miles away375 Westgate Drive Brockton Massachusetts 02301Dialysis Stations: 19 (508) 586-2791
- Brockton Regional Kidney Center13.79 miles away76 Campanelli Industrial Drive Brockton Massachusetts 02301CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (508) 427-5329
- Dialysis Center of Pawtucket14.83 miles away201 Armistice Boulevard Pawtucket Rhode Island 02860CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (401) 722-3313
- Dialysis Center of East Providence15.38 miles away318 Waterman Avenue East Providence Rhode Island 02914CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (401) 435-5200