Longmeadow Healthcare Center is an average-sized nursing home located in Justin, Texas. Featuring an overall grade of C, this appears to be a solid facility. Based on our ratings, this place has some redeeming qualities. This nursing home did not meet our expectations in every category we looked at, but it did not receive any terrible grades either. More information about these categories is available below.
Longmeadow Healthcare Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Registered Staff Hours
On top of having a decent overall grade, we also would like to point out that this nursing home earned favorable government inspections in recent years. We gave it one of our better scores in this category, with a grade of B+. This is a much better grade than the facility's overall grade. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in determining our inspection ratings. One of those factors is deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of deficiencies is usually more important than the quantity of deficiencies, as some deficiencies can be relatively insignificant. While this place had some minor dings on its report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones labeled as categories G through L. This tells you the inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. A few minor deficiencies should not stop you from considering a nursing home.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility also received a positive long-term care grade. As a matter of fact, we awarded them a grade of B in this area, which happens to be one of our more favorable scores. Long-term care ratings in this range generally require both around the clock care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine healthcare services. In addition to assessing the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home vaccinated 99.44751 percent of its residents. Vaccines are vital to keeping residents healthy. Lastly, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Longmeadow Healthcare Center?
Short-term Care Quality
This facility's next highest category ended up being its short-term care grade, where it received a C. Short-term care scores are based in part on a facility's quantity of highly-skilled highly skilled professionals. This means a vast spectrum of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, not to mention other types of therapy. Unfortunately, we found that this facility provided fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than most other nursing homes. The tricky part is determining what effect this had on the quality of care. Finally, we assessed the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this facility's residents returned home. At most nursing homes, closer to half of their residents are able to return home so this figure is below average.
This facility's worst area is nursing, which is the final category we looked at. In this area, we gave this facility a grade of D. Our nursing grade weighs several subcategories, however, the most important consideration is the level of nurse hours spent with patients. This nursing home averaged just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in computing our nursing grades. This nursing home performed well in terms of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Longmeadow Healthcare Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Longmeadow Healthcare Center, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of residents who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage due to staying in the same position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Longmeadow Healthcare Center, 3.33% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of residents who sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injury are considered by many experts to be a barometer of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls leading to injury are often caused by lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Longmeadow Healthcare Center, 1.51% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are routinely caused by facilities with worst hygiene practices. More frequent bathing limits the number of UTI's sustained by residents in a nursing home. We want to point out that this statistic is affected by by the fact that nursing homes have varying reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Longmeadow Healthcare Center, 11.48% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications may be helpful for many patients, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In limited cases, excessive reliance on these medications may mean that a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Longmeadow Healthcare Center, 22.56% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents who are administered antianxiety medication. These drugs are prescribed to residents suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Longmeadow Healthcare Center, 4.81% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents showing depressive symptoms. High levels of depression could be a sign lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Longmeadow Healthcare Center, 94.64% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents that have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Longmeadow Healthcare Center, 17.1% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term patients that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and taking a bath. Some experts would argue this is a reasonable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Longmeadow Healthcare Center, 16.36% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care residents who remained mobile levels.
In Longmeadow Healthcare Center, 1.67 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. Minimizing hospitalizations is critical to the physical health of nursing home residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Longmeadow Healthcare Center, 16.36 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Longmeadow Healthcare Center, 11.4 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to measure the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Longmeadow Healthcare Center, 66.86% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of short-term care residents that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some argue this is a reasonable measure of a facility's rehabilitation performance.
- Baylor Medical Center at Trophy ClubAcute Care Hospitals 9.33 miles away2850 E State Highway 114 Roanoke Texas 76262Proprietary(817) 837-4600
- Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital AllianceAcute Care Hospitals 10.63 miles away10864 Texas Health Trail Keller Texas 76244Voluntary non-profit - Private(682) 212-2000
- Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital DentonAcute Care Hospitals 11.36 miles away3000 N I-35 Denton Texas 76201Voluntary non-profit - Private(940) 898-7000
- Medical City DentonAcute Care Hospitals 12.91 miles away3535 South i35 East Denton Texas 76210Proprietary(940) 384-3535
- Medical City AllianceAcute Care Hospitals 12.92 miles away3101 North Tarrant Parkway Fort Worth Texas 76177Voluntary non-profit - Private(817) 639-1100
- Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Flower MoundAcute Care Hospitals 12.98 miles away4400 Long Prairie Road Flower Mound Texas 75028Proprietary(972) 419-1530
- Wise Health SystemAcute Care Hospitals 12.99 miles away3200 North Tarrant Parkway Fort Worth Texas 76177Government - Hospital District or Authority(817) 502-7300
- The Heart Hospital Baylor DentonAcute Care Hospitals 13.21 miles away2801 South Mayhill Road Denton Texas 76208Physician(940) 220-0600
- Renal Center of Keller, LLC10.66 miles away10708 Victoria Ash Dr Keller Texas 76244Dialysis Stations: 21 (817) 431-6533
- Keller Dialysis11.38 miles away11000 Old Denton Road Keller Texas 76248Dialysis Stations: 17 (817) 337-5483
- Us Renal Care Tarrant Dialysis Keller11.7 miles away4420 Heritage Trace Pkwy Ste 312 Keller Texas 76244CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (817) 993-6516
- Renal Center of North Denton, Lllp12.12 miles away4309 Mesa Dr Denton Texas 76207CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (940) 566-2701
- Fresenius Medical Care Keller, LLC12.19 miles away3700 N Tarrant Pkwy Fort Worth Texas 76177Dialysis Stations: 13 (817) 479-8232
- Renal Center of Flower Mound, LLC12.55 miles away4941 Long Prairie Rd Flower Mound Texas 75028Dialysis Stations: 13 (972) 537-5572
- Mission Dialysis Services, LLC12.67 miles away3305 Unicorn Lake Blvd Denton Texas 76210Dialysis Stations: 13 (940) 387-4592
- Highland Village Dialysis13.41 miles away2700 Village Pkwy Lewisville Texas 75077Dialysis Stations: 13 (972) 317-5609