Lomita Post-Acute Care Center is located in Lomita, California. The city has a population of 21,318 people. This facility was awarded an overall grade of B+, which is a well above average score. At the end of the day, this nursing home looks like a solid choice for most people. This place was better in some categories than others, but it did not have any bad scores in any of the major categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Lomita Post-Acute Care Center
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Lomita senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Catheter Care
- Aquatic Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to being a quality facility overall, this nursing home really excelled in our short-term care rating, where it earned an impressive grade of A. In determining our short-term care grades, we look at a nursing home's levels of skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists speech therapists and other types of therapists. This rating is often a reliable measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation services. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last item we looked at in this category is the number of patients who ultimately were able to return home from the facility. We found that 6.2 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
In addition, this facility also excelled in inspections, where it earned a grade of A-. Our inspection ratings are tied to pieces of information found on the a nursing home's recent government inspections. Nursing homes that receive favorable grades in this category tend to have few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these facilities should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. While this place had a few deficiencies on its report, none were severe based on CMS' deficiency scale. We should point out that deficiency-free inspections are rare in this industry.
Does this page answer your questions about Lomita Post-Acute Care Center?
This facility received even higher grades in the area of nursing. In fact, it received one of our highest grades in that category with a score of A-. When determining a nursing home's nursing grade, we look at the quantity of hours nurses are caring for patients as well as the level of licensure of the nurses. This nursing home averages 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality measures and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home the state in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can often be avoided by offering better nursing care, such as employing a system of turning a patient more often.
Long-term Care Quality
The next area we assessed was long-term care. This facility was given an above average long-term care grade this year, with a grade of C. While this isn't quite as good as several of its other category grades, this is still an acceptable score in this category. In the category of long-term care, we look at the quantity of services offered by a nursing home, as opposed to more sophisticated services. One of the statistics we considered in addition to nursing hours was vaccinations. Thankfully, this facility provided the pneumonia vaccination to 100 percent of its residents. This place keeps its residents out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Lomita Post-Acute Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Lomita Post-Acute Care Center, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage due to remaining in the same position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Lomita Post-Acute Care Center, 1.84% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of residents who suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injury are often associated with lower levels of patient supervision. More supervision can limit the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Lomita Post-Acute Care Center, 1.34% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients that suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are routinely linked to facilities with worst hygiene practices. More frequent bathing can reduce the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. Note that this datapoint is sometimes skewed by the fact that nursing homes have varying reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Lomita Post-Acute Care Center, 10.3% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of patients given antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs may be helpful for many patients, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used appropriately. In some situations, increased usage of these drugs may suggest that a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Lomita Post-Acute Care Center, 13.84% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of patients given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are prescribed to residents suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Lomita Post-Acute Care Center, 5.83% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Lomita Post-Acute Care Center, 95.65% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Lomita Post-Acute Care Center, 8.26% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term patients that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as taking medications and continence.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Lomita Post-Acute Care Center, 10.41% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of residents that retained mobility levels over time. Retaining mobility is usually a good sign for residents' health.
In Lomita Post-Acute Care Center, 1.78 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint measures the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Lomita Post-Acute Care Center, 10.41 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Lomita Post-Acute Care Center, 11.34 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Lomita Post-Acute Care Center, 79.12% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percent of short-term care patients that experienced functional improvements.
- Del Amo HospitalPsychiatric 1.89 miles away23700 Camino Del Sol Torrance California 90505Proprietary(310) 530-1151
- Torrance Memorial Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.96 miles away3330 Lomita Blvd Torrance California 90509Voluntary non-profit - Other(310) 325-9110
- Lac/Harbor-Ucla Med CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.44 miles away1000 W Carson St Torrance California 90502Government - Local(310) 222-2101
- College Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.9 miles away2776 Pacific Avenue Long Beach California 90806Proprietary(562) 595-1911
- St Mary Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.46 miles away1050 Linden Ave Long Beach California 90813Voluntary non-profit - Church(562) 491-9000
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.4 miles away1680 East 120th Street Los Angeles California 90059Voluntary non-profit - Private(424) 835-6808
- Lakewood Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.26 miles away3700 E South St Lakewood California 90712Proprietary(562) 602-6751
- Pih Hospital - DowneyAcute Care Hospitals 13.87 miles away11500 Brookshire Avenue Downey California 90241Voluntary non-profit - Private(526) 904-5000
- u.s. Renal Care Lomita Dialysis0.52 miles away1830 Lomita Blvd. Lomita California 90717CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (310) 530-7796
- Davita-Rolling Hills Dialysis0.9 miles away25210 Crenshaw Blvd., Suite 110 Torrance California 90505Dialysis Stations: 27 (310) 530-1180
- Fmc-South Bay1.09 miles away1221 Pacific Coast Highway Harbor City California 90710CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (310) 539-1221
- Fmc-South Bay Home Therapy1.19 miles away1223 Pacific Coast Highway Harbor City California 90710Dialysis Stations: 6 (310) 325-0416
- u.s. Renal Care Skypark Dialysis2.22 miles away3295 Skypark Drive Torrance California 90505CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (310) 539-5091
- u.s. Renal Care South Bay Home Program2.5 miles away23441 Madison Street #320 Torrance California 90503Dialysis Stations: 4 (310) 378-8452
- Davita-Harbor Ucla2.61 miles away21602 S. Vermont Avenue Torrance California 90502CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (310) 533-0413
- Davita-Carson Dialysis3.11 miles away1309 E. Carson Street Carson California 90745CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (310) 513-1427