The Lincoln Glen Skilled Nursing Facility is on a list of 19 possibilities in San Jose, California. This facility is ranked among the most impressive facilities we looked at. In fact, it received the absolute highest rating. As far as we can see, this place should be a great choice for just about anybody. Headlining this nursing home's exemplary report card is its nursing rating, which you can find in the next section.
The Lincoln Glen Skilled Nursing Facility
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
2671 Plummer Avenue,
San Jose CA 95125
73.22% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- Non profit - Church related
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Best Nursing Home in San Jose, California Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
On top of being a first rate nursing home overall, this facility also excelled in the area of nursing, where it received an A+. Few nursing homes fared better in this category. We scrutinized the qualifications of nurses at the nursing home, in addition to the quantity of hours the nurses worked with patients, in calculating our score in this area. This facility provided 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can typically be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
We also wanted to draw your attention to the fact that this nursing home excelled in our long-term care category. We gave them an elite grade of A+ in this area. When nursing homes receive this type of score in this category it is a good sign for patient care and indicates that the place is well-staffed with nurses and aids. After we finished assessing the quantity of nursing care, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination records. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its residents against pneumonia, which is an impressive figure. Pneumonia sadly is often a life threatening ailment for nursing home patients so we prefer when a nursing home doesn't take any chances. Lastly, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about The Lincoln Glen Skilled Nursing Facility?
Short-term Care Quality
Moving on our next area, this nursing home received a strong short-term care score. In fact, it received a score of A in that category. Our short-term care scores are crucial for individuals looking for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically requires additional highly-skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing means a vast scope of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last datapoint we assessed in this category is the number of patients that returned home from the nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Adding to this nursing home's impressive profile, we gave this facility a score of A- for our inspections rating. With this score, the facility completes its straight A report card. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in computing these inspection ratings. One critical factor is deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of these deficiencies is arguably more meaningful than the number of deficiencies, as some are relatively minor. Amazingly, this was one of the few nursing homes in the country that had no deficiencies whatsoever on its inspection report. This is very impressive. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
The Lincoln Glen Skilled Nursing Facility Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In The Lincoln Glen Skilled Nursing Facility, 7.45% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, which are also known as bed sores, are routinely the result of residents staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In The Lincoln Glen Skilled Nursing Facility, 1.7% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of residents that suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injury are often the result of poor nursing care. Closer supervision can minimize the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In The Lincoln Glen Skilled Nursing Facility, 1.24% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of residents that sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a barometer of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely caused by worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this metric may be skewed for certain nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In The Lincoln Glen Skilled Nursing Facility, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of residents given antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic medications are prescribed to patients for many conditions, including cognitive disorders. Tragically, in some cases, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate that a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In The Lincoln Glen Skilled Nursing Facility, 13.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of residents given antianxiety medications. These drugs are typically prescribed to patients suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In The Lincoln Glen Skilled Nursing Facility, 4.64% of Patients
This is the percent of residents who are demonstrating symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In The Lincoln Glen Skilled Nursing Facility, 95.44% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients that were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In The Lincoln Glen Skilled Nursing Facility, 7.92% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of residents that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In The Lincoln Glen Skilled Nursing Facility, 12.45% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients that maintained mobility. Some argue that mobility is critical to residents' well-being.
In The Lincoln Glen Skilled Nursing Facility, 1.61 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In The Lincoln Glen Skilled Nursing Facility, 12.45 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In The Lincoln Glen Skilled Nursing Facility, 9.83 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In The Lincoln Glen Skilled Nursing Facility, 79.79% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percentage of short-term residents that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many in the industry argue this is a measure of a facility's rehabilitation services.
Scores for San Jose, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? San Jose, California has 18 other nursing homes
- Santa Clara Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.29 miles away751 South Bascom Avenue San Jose California 95128Government - Local(408) 885-5000
- Good Samaritan HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.3 miles away2425 Samaritan Drive San Jose California 95124Proprietary(408) 559-2011
- O'connor HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.21 miles away2105 Forest Avenue San Jose California 95128Voluntary non-profit - Private(408) 947-2500
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital-San JoseAcute Care Hospitals 5.77 miles away250 Hospital Parkway San Jose California 95119Voluntary non-profit - Private(408) 972-7000
- Regional Medical Center of San JoseAcute Care Hospitals 6.49 miles away225 N Jackson Avenue San Jose California 95116Government - Federal(408) 259-5000
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital-Santa ClaraAcute Care Hospitals 6.91 miles away700 Lawrence Expressway Santa Clara California 95051Voluntary non-profit - Private(408) 236-6400
- Kaiser Permanente Psychiatric Health Facility-SantPsychiatric 7.22 miles away3840 Homestead Road Santa Clara California 95051Proprietary(408) 851-4850
- El Camino HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12 miles away2500 Grant Road Mountain View California 94040Government - Hospital District or Authority(650) 940-7000
- Wellbound of San Jose LLC1.77 miles away1525 Meridian Avenue Suite 101 San Jose California 95125Dialysis Stations: 4 (408) 269-3600
- Satellite Healthcare Blossom Valley2.2 miles away1450 Kooser Road San Jose California 95118Dialysis Stations: 25 (408) 440-3260
- Satellite Healthcare San Jose3.14 miles away888 South Bascom Avenue San Jose California 95128CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (408) 855-6900
- Fmc Los Gatos3.19 miles away14651 South Bascom Suite 100 Los Gatos California 95032CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (408) 358-3791
- Santa Clara Valley Renal Care Center3.44 miles away2220 Moorpark Avenue San Jose California 95128CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (408) 885-5730
- Los Gatos Dialysis Center3.81 miles away14251 Winchester Blvd Suite 100 Los Gatos California 95032Dialysis Stations: 16 (408) 370-6756
- Cornerhouse Dialysis Center4.13 miles away2005 Naglee Avenue San Jose California 95128Dialysis Stations: 16 (408) 998-0183
- Satellite Dialysis San Jose4.18 miles away393 Blossom Hill Road Suite 110 San Jose California 95123CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (408) 629-9802