The Lincoln Glen Skilled Nursing Facility is on a list of 19 possibilities in San Jose, California. This facility is ranked among the most impressive facilities we looked at. It was given one of the highest ratings that we offer. In our view, this place would be a wonderful choice for most people. Headlining this facility's exemplary report card is its nursing score, which is addressed in the next section.
The Lincoln Glen Skilled Nursing Facility
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- Non profit - Church related
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
We also wanted to emphasize the fact that this facility excelled in our nursing rating. We awarded them an impressive grade of A+ in this category. In computing our nursing ratings, we weigh both staffing levels and the skill levels of the nurses. This nursing home provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality measures and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility the state in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can generally be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as having a policy of turning residents at least once a day.
Long-term Care Quality
This exemplary facility also performed well in the category of long-term care, where we gave it a score of A+. Very few nursing homes fared better in this category. Nursing homes that receive this kind of grade in long-term care typically provide consistent 24/7 care to ensure patients are well cared for. Once we assessed the amount of care provided by nurses, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination record. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is very impressive. Pneumonia sadly can be a dangerous ailment for nursing home patients so we like it when a nursing home doesn't roll the dice on this issue. Finally, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about The Lincoln Glen Skilled Nursing Facility?
Tallying another strong category grade, this nursing home also excelled in the area of inspections, where it received an impressive grade of A. Few facilities fared better in this category. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in computing our inspection grades. One key factor is deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of these deficiencies is usually more meaningful than the number of deficiencies, as some deficiencies end up being relatively insignificant. Amazingly, this was one of the few nursing homes in the country that had no deficiencies whatsoever on its inspection report. This is very impressive. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to the final category, this nursing home was awarded a highly favorable short-term care score. In fact, we gave it a grade of B+ in this area, topping off one of our more impressive profiles. In forming our short-term care grades, we analyze the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, speech therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. Our objective is to create a tool for sizing up the rehabilitation services of various facilities. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we assessed the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 3.6 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
The Lincoln Glen Skilled Nursing Facility Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In The Lincoln Glen Skilled Nursing Facility, 7.62% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint tells you the percent of long-term patients which suffer from pressure ulcers. We have found that pressure ulcers are an indicator of the quality of nursing care a nursing home provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In The Lincoln Glen Skilled Nursing Facility, 1.67% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric gauges the percent of long-term patients who have experienced a fall resulting in serious injury. This is one of the statistics we use in calculating our nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In The Lincoln Glen Skilled Nursing Facility, 1.21% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of residents who have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are routinely caused by poor nursing care. More frequent bathing limits the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. Note that this metric is affected by by the fact that facilities have incongruent reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In The Lincoln Glen Skilled Nursing Facility, 10.06% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic gauges the percentage of long-term care residents who were administered antipsychotic medication. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior in scenarios where such drugs aren't medically indicated. However, some facilities may need to rely more on these drugs due to having more residents with Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In The Lincoln Glen Skilled Nursing Facility, 13.91% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of patients who were given antianxiety medications. These medications are commonly used to treat patients experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In The Lincoln Glen Skilled Nursing Facility, 4.33% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who are showing symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In The Lincoln Glen Skilled Nursing Facility, 95.72% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents that were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In The Lincoln Glen Skilled Nursing Facility, 8.37% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and using the bathroom.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In The Lincoln Glen Skilled Nursing Facility, 14.05% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients who maintained mobility. Many in the industry would argue that the ability to move around is vital to residents' physical and mental well-being.
In The Lincoln Glen Skilled Nursing Facility, 1.49 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of care. There is a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In The Lincoln Glen Skilled Nursing Facility, 14.05 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care. There is a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In The Lincoln Glen Skilled Nursing Facility, 9.85 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In The Lincoln Glen Skilled Nursing Facility, 79.63% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percentage of short-term residents who experienced functional improvements.
Scores for San Jose, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? San Jose, California has 18 other nursing homes
- Santa Clara Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.29 miles away751 South Bascom Avenue San Jose California 95128Government - Local(408) 885-5000
- Good Samaritan HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.3 miles away2425 Samaritan Drive San Jose California 95124Proprietary(408) 559-2011
- O'connor HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.21 miles away2105 Forest Avenue San Jose California 95128Voluntary non-profit - Private(408) 947-2500
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital-San JoseAcute Care Hospitals 5.77 miles away250 Hospital Parkway San Jose California 95119Voluntary non-profit - Private(408) 972-7000
- Regional Medical Center of San JoseAcute Care Hospitals 6.49 miles away225 N Jackson Avenue San Jose California 95116Government - Federal(408) 259-5000
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital-Santa ClaraAcute Care Hospitals 6.91 miles away700 Lawrence Expressway Santa Clara California 95051Voluntary non-profit - Private(408) 236-6400
- Kaiser Permanente Psychiatric Health Facility-SantPsychiatric 7.22 miles away3840 Homestead Road Santa Clara California 95051Proprietary(408) 851-4850
- El Camino HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12 miles away2500 Grant Road Mountain View California 94040Government - Hospital District or Authority(650) 940-7000
- Wellbound of San Jose LLC1.77 miles away1525 Meridian Avenue Suite 101 San Jose California 95125Dialysis Stations: 4 (408) 269-3600
- Satellite Healthcare Blossom Valley2.2 miles away1450 Kooser Road San Jose California 95118Dialysis Stations: 25 (408) 440-3260
- Satellite Healthcare San Jose3.14 miles away888 South Bascom Avenue San Jose California 95128CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (408) 855-6900
- Fmc Los Gatos3.19 miles away14651 South Bascom Suite 100 Los Gatos California 95032CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (408) 358-3791
- Santa Clara Valley Renal Care Center3.44 miles away2220 Moorpark Avenue San Jose California 95128CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (408) 885-5730
- Los Gatos Dialysis Center3.81 miles away14251 Winchester Blvd Suite 100 Los Gatos California 95032Dialysis Stations: 16 (408) 370-6756
- Cornerhouse Dialysis Center4.13 miles away2005 Naglee Avenue San Jose California 95128Dialysis Stations: 16 (408) 998-0183
- Satellite Dialysis San Jose4.18 miles away393 Blossom Hill Road Suite 110 San Jose California 95123CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (408) 629-9802