With an address in Loveland, Ohio, Lodge Care Center The is one of four available nursing homes in the area. Featuring an overall grade of B. After assessing the other options in Loveland, this appears to be a better selection than quite a few of them. Based on our analysis, you can do much worse than this nursing home. This place is stronger in some categories than others, but it did not have any bad scores in any of our four major categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Lodge Care Center The
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
9370 Union Cemetery Road,
Loveland OH 45140
76.91% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A for our inspections rating. Inspection grades account for several factors found on a facility's inspection reports. One of the most important criteria we weigh heavily is the number and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with higher grades in this area usually have very few of these severe deficiencies. While this nursing home had a few minor dings on its government inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are labeled as categories G through L. This tells you that the inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home is also above average in the category of long-term care, where it was awarded a grade of B+. It outperformed most nursing homes in this area. For long-term care residents, the facility's primary goal is to keep patients as healthy and safe as possible. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate residents. Once we looked at the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination statistics. This facility vaccinated 72 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is slightly less than we were hoping for but still a reasonably acceptable figure. Although its vaccination rate was a bit lower than we hoped for, at least this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Lodge Care Center The?
Short-term Care Quality
This facility also was awarded a strong short-term care score. In fact, we gave it an above average score of B+ in this area. Our short-term care grades are based on a nursing home's quantity of skilled highly skilled professionals. This means a vast spectrum of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, in addition to other types of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final statistic we considered in this area is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the facility and return home. We found that 6.1 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
The last category we assessed was nursing. We awarded it a grade of C in that area. This is not a bad grade in this area. In computing our nursing scores, we factor in both staffing levels and the skill levels of the nurses. This nursing home provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient per day. This figure is significantly below the national average. Lastly, although this place got docked a bit for nursing hours per resident, it excelled in a few of our quality metrics. With fewer than five percent of its patients suffering from pressure ulcers, it performed remarkably well in this area.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Lodge Care Center The Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Lodge Care Center The, 7.61% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of patients that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a barometer of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are often the result of patients staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Lodge Care Center The, 3.74% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who suffered falls leading to major injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls may be an indication of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Lodge Care Center The, 1.71% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents who have sustained urinary tract infections. While more infections may reflect poorly on a facility's hygiene protocols, it is difficult to compare different nursing homes due to facilities having inconsistent reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Lodge Care Center The, 13.23% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint is an indication of the percentage of long-term care patients that were prescribed antipsychotic medication. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents in scenarios where such medications aren't medically required. Nevertheless, some nursing homes need to rely on these drugs due to having more patients suffering from cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Lodge Care Center The, 22.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of residents who were prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are administered to patients experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Lodge Care Center The, 20.26% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who are showing symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Lodge Care Center The, 90.12% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term residents that were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for seniors, making these vaccines indispensable.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Lodge Care Center The, 14.88% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Lodge Care Center The, 16.29% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care patients that remained mobile levels.
In Lodge Care Center The, 1.36 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Lodge Care Center The, 16.29 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Lodge Care Center The, 12 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to assess patient care during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Lodge Care Center The, 75.25% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percent of short-term stay patients who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Some experts would argue that this is a reliable measure of a facility's rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Loveland, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Loveland, Ohio has 3 other nursing homes
- Bethesda NorthAcute Care Hospitals 3.21 miles away10500 Montgomery Road Cincinnati Ohio 45242Voluntary non-profit - Church(513) 865-1241
- Assurance Health Cincinnati LLCPsychiatric 3.54 miles away11690 Grooms Road Cincinnati Ohio 45242Proprietary(513) 519-4947
- West Chester Hospital, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 6.15 miles away7700 University Drive West Chester Ohio 45069Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 298-7700
- Mercy Health - Fairfield HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.74 miles away3000 Mack Road Fairfield Ohio 45014Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 870-7197
- Mercy Health-Anderson HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.13 miles away7500 State Road Cincinnati Ohio 45255Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 624-4006
- Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical CenterChildrens 14.63 miles away3333 Burnet Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45229Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 636-3333
- University of Cincinnati Medical Center, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 14.92 miles away234 Goodman Street Cincinnati Ohio 45219Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 584-1000
- Good Samaritan HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.52 miles away375 Dixmyth Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45220Voluntary non-profit - Church(513) 862-2646
- Nxstage Cincinnati LLC0.32 miles away12065 Montgomery Road Cincinnati Ohio 45249Dialysis Stations: 10 (513) 712-1300
- Davita Loveland Dialysis0.39 miles away8944 Columbia Rd Suite 6 Loveland Ohio 45140Dialysis Stations: 13 (513) 583-5326
- Davita - Blue Ash Dialysis4.92 miles away10600 Mckinley Road Cincinnati Ohio 45242Dialysis Stations: 18 (513) 733-8215
- Fmc - Kings Mills5.78 miles away1992 King Avenue Kings Mills Ohio 45034Dialysis Stations: 12 (513) 204-5555
- Davita - West Chester Dialysis6.07 miles away7760 W. Voice of American Park Drive Suite E West Chester Ohio 45069Dialysis Stations: 17 (513) 755-1510
- Dci - Westchester6.21 miles away7650 Wellness Way West Chester Ohio 45069Dialysis Stations: 14 (513) 777-0855
- Us Renal Care of Kenwood6.61 miles away5150 E. Galbraith Rd., Suite 101 Cincinnati Ohio 45236Dialysis Stations: 18 (513) 791-2698
- Fmc-Milford LLC6.64 miles away5890 Meadow Creek Drive Milford Ohio 45150Dialysis Stations: 15 (513) 248-1690