With an address in Loveland, Ohio, Lodge Care Center The is one of four available nursing homes in the area. This nursing home received an overall score of A-. In fact, this is the number one rated facility in Loveland. We couldn't find many negative things to say about this nursing home. Its ratings are just impeccable. The best part of this facility's impressive report card is its inspection score. Inspection reports are discussed in the next paragraph
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Lodge Care Center The
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Nov 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Loveland senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
On top of performing well overall, this nursing home received an excellent inspection report. As a result, it received one of our highest grades in this area with an A. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in determining our inspection ratings. One of those factors is health deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of the deficiencies is arguably more meaningful than the number of deficiencies, as some deficiencies are quite insignificant. Fortunately, although this place had a few minor dings on its inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means CMS did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
Adding to its dominant achievements in other areas, we awarded this facility a score of A- for its short-term care score. Our short-term care grades are based on a nursing home's quantity of highly-skilled nursing services. This includes a wide range of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, in addition to other types of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. However, according to the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final item we considered in this category is the number of patients who were able to leave the facility and return home. We found that 6.2 percent of this nursing home's patients were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Lodge Care Center The?
Long-term Care Quality
This facility also received a very strong long-term care grade. This actually turned out to be its third strongest category grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of A-. For patients in need of a permanent residence rather than skilled nursing, long-term care is a very important category. In addition to looking at the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility vaccinated 85.89743 percent of its residents. This is slightly lower than we were hoping for but still a reasonably acceptable figure. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. It had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
The final area we assessed was nursing, where this nursing home received a grade of B+. This wrapped up an elite report card. Few facilities earned a B+ or higher in every single category. The nursing score weighs several factors, however, the main one is the level of nurse hours per patient per week. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality measures and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place Ohio in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can many times be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as employing a protocol of moving residents more often.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Lodge Care Center The Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Lodge Care Center The, 2.18% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of residents that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin due to staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Lodge Care Center The, 4.49% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure indicates the percentage of long-term residents who had falls leading to major injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls could be an indicator of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Lodge Care Center The, 1.31% of Patients had UTIs
This gauges the percentage of long-term stay residents who suffered from urinary tract infections. UTI's may be an indicator of a facility with worst hygiene practices. However, this metric can also be skewed for certain nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Lodge Care Center The, 26.42% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients given antipsychotic medications. These medications may be used for treating a variety of conditions, such as dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Lodge Care Center The, 21.21% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric gauges the percent of long-term patients taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Lodge Care Center The, 76.59% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients exhibiting symptoms of depression. Higher levels of depression could be a sign a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Lodge Care Center The, 89.88% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients that have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Lodge Care Center The, 16.07% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and using the bathroom. Some would argue that this is a reliable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Lodge Care Center The, 20.36% of Residents
This tells you the percentage of patients who were able to retain mobility over time. Preserving mobility is often a good sign for residents' health.
In Lodge Care Center The, 0.01 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Lodge Care Center The, 20.36% of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Lodge Care Center The, 10.42% of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Lodge Care Center The, 76.05% of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term care patients who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Loveland, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Loveland, Ohio has 3 other nursing homes
- Bethesda NorthAcute Care Hospitals 3.21 miles away10500 Montgomery Road Cincinnati Ohio 45242Voluntary non-profit - Church(513) 865-1241
- Assurance Health Cincinnati LLCPsychiatric 3.54 miles away11690 Grooms Road Cincinnati Ohio 45242Proprietary(513) 519-4947
- West Chester Hospital, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 6.15 miles away7700 University Drive West Chester Ohio 45069Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 298-7700
- Mercy Health - Fairfield HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.74 miles away3000 Mack Road Fairfield Ohio 45014Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 870-7197
- Mercy Health-Anderson HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.13 miles away7500 State Road Cincinnati Ohio 45255Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 624-4006
- Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical CenterChildrens 14.63 miles away3333 Burnet Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45229Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 636-3333
- University of Cincinnati Medical Center, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 14.92 miles away234 Goodman Street Cincinnati Ohio 45219Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 584-1000
- Good Samaritan HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.52 miles away375 Dixmyth Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45220Voluntary non-profit - Church(513) 862-2646
- Nxstage Cincinnati LLC0.32 miles away12065 Montgomery Road Cincinnati Ohio 45249Dialysis Stations: 10 (513) 712-1300
- Davita Loveland Dialysis0.39 miles away8944 Columbia Rd Suite 6 Loveland Ohio 45140Dialysis Stations: 13 (513) 583-5326
- Davita - Blue Ash Dialysis4.92 miles away10600 Mckinley Road Cincinnati Ohio 45242Dialysis Stations: 18 (513) 733-8215
- Fmc - Kings Mills5.78 miles away1992 King Avenue Kings Mills Ohio 45034Dialysis Stations: 12 (513) 204-5555
- Davita - West Chester Dialysis6.07 miles away7760 W. Voice of American Park Drive Suite E West Chester Ohio 45069Dialysis Stations: 17 (513) 755-1510
- Dci - Westchester6.21 miles away7650 Wellness Way West Chester Ohio 45069Dialysis Stations: 14 (513) 777-0855
- Us Renal Care of Kenwood6.61 miles away5150 E. Galbraith Rd., Suite 101 Cincinnati Ohio 45236Dialysis Stations: 18 (513) 791-2698
- Fmc-Milford LLC6.64 miles away5890 Meadow Creek Drive Milford Ohio 45150Dialysis Stations: 15 (513) 248-1690