With an address in Loveland, Ohio, Lodge Care Center The is one of four available nursing homes in the area. This nursing home received a grade of B overall. We found it to be better than most of the facilities in Loveland, which has a city grade of B-. Based on our analysis, you could do much worse than this facility. This place was stronger in some categories than others, but it didn't have any weak links in any of the four major categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Lodge Care Center The
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its strong overall score, we awarded this nursing home an A for our inspections rating. Arguably the most critical factor we consider in calculating our inspection scores is deficiencies. These deficiencies can be found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities with higher scores in this area typically dodged the more severe deficiencies involving things like patient abuse. Although this nursing home had some deficiencies on its report, none were major deficiencies based on CMS' scale. The fact that none of the deficiencies were severe leaves us less concerned with this inspection report.
Short-term Care Quality
Another strong feature for this facility is that it received a very positive short-term care grade. Indeed, this turned out to be its second best category grade. In that area, we awarded this nursing home a B+. In our short-term care grade, we seek to craft a meaningful measure for rehabilitation. In this process, we analyze a nursing home's levels of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as respiratory therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we considered the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 6.6 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Lodge Care Center The?
Long-term Care Quality
This facility's next highest category was long-term care. In that category, we gave this nursing home a B-. Long-term care grades are commonly used to score a facility's performance as a traditional nursing home, as opposed to focusing more on the skilled nursing services provided by a rehabilitation facility. After considering the amount of nursing care, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination record. We were a bit alarmed this facility vaccinated just 63.03502 percent of its residents against pneumonia. Nevertheless, this facility keeps its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Turning to our last area, this nursing home received a decent nursing score of C. When determining a facility's nursing score, we consider the number of hours nurses are with residents and the levels of training of those nurses. This place provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient each day. This is a low total compared to most other nursing homes. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this place fared better in some of the quality measures we looked at. It scored well in the area of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be reliable measures of the quality of nursing care. In many cases, the quality of nursing care is just as important as the quantity of hours of care provided.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Lodge Care Center The Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Lodge Care Center The, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of patients that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin resulting from remaining in the same position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Lodge Care Center The, 3.69% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of residents who have had a major fall. Falls leading to major injuries are considered by many experts to be a barometer of nursing care . Falls are often the result of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Lodge Care Center The, 1.8% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients that have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are often linked to nursing homes with worse hygiene protocols. More frequent bathing can minimize the number of UTI's sustained by residents in a nursing home. We want to point out that this datapoint is affected by by the fact that nursing homes have incongruent reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Lodge Care Center The, 13.22% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents who were given antipsychotic drugs. These drugs are used for treating several medical conditions, including cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Lodge Care Center The, 22.35% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This measures the percent of long-term residents that are administered antianxiety medication. These medications are given to residents experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Lodge Care Center The, 20% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who are exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Lodge Care Center The, 90.19% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents that have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Lodge Care Center The, 15.17% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of residents who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living may be a sign of deterioration of a patient's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Lodge Care Center The, 18.5% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents that maintained mobility. Some argue that mobility is critical to patients physical and mental health.
In Lodge Care Center The, 1.39 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Lodge Care Center The, 18.5 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Lodge Care Center The, 11.81 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. There is a correlation between having fewer emergency room visits and the overall quality of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Lodge Care Center The, 74.54% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term stay patients who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of autonomy with ADL's usually correlates with superior rehabilitation.
Scores for Loveland, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Loveland, Ohio has 3 other nursing homes
- Bethesda NorthAcute Care Hospitals 3.21 miles away10500 Montgomery Road Cincinnati Ohio 45242Voluntary non-profit - Church(513) 865-1241
- Assurance Health Cincinnati LLCPsychiatric 3.54 miles away11690 Grooms Road Cincinnati Ohio 45242Proprietary(513) 519-4947
- West Chester Hospital, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 6.15 miles away7700 University Drive West Chester Ohio 45069Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 298-7700
- Mercy Health - Fairfield HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.74 miles away3000 Mack Road Fairfield Ohio 45014Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 870-7197
- Mercy Health-Anderson HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.13 miles away7500 State Road Cincinnati Ohio 45255Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 624-4006
- Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical CenterChildrens 14.63 miles away3333 Burnet Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45229Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 636-3333
- University of Cincinnati Medical Center, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 14.92 miles away234 Goodman Street Cincinnati Ohio 45219Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 584-1000
- Good Samaritan HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.52 miles away375 Dixmyth Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45220Voluntary non-profit - Church(513) 862-2646
- Nxstage Cincinnati LLC0.32 miles away12065 Montgomery Road Cincinnati Ohio 45249Dialysis Stations: 10 (513) 712-1300
- Davita Loveland Dialysis0.39 miles away8944 Columbia Rd Suite 6 Loveland Ohio 45140Dialysis Stations: 13 (513) 583-5326
- Davita - Blue Ash Dialysis4.92 miles away10600 Mckinley Road Cincinnati Ohio 45242Dialysis Stations: 18 (513) 733-8215
- Fmc - Kings Mills5.78 miles away1992 King Avenue Kings Mills Ohio 45034Dialysis Stations: 12 (513) 204-5555
- Davita - West Chester Dialysis6.07 miles away7760 W. Voice of American Park Drive Suite E West Chester Ohio 45069Dialysis Stations: 17 (513) 755-1510
- Dci - Westchester6.21 miles away7650 Wellness Way West Chester Ohio 45069Dialysis Stations: 14 (513) 777-0855
- Us Renal Care of Kenwood6.61 miles away5150 E. Galbraith Rd., Suite 101 Cincinnati Ohio 45236Dialysis Stations: 18 (513) 791-2698
- Fmc-Milford LLC6.64 miles away5890 Meadow Creek Drive Milford Ohio 45150Dialysis Stations: 15 (513) 248-1690