With an address in Canton, Ohio, Lodge at New Dawn The is one of seven available nursing homes in this city. It looks like this nursing home is ranked among the most elite facilities we found. Being awarded an A+ in our grading scheme requires first-rate performance across the board. Based on our analysis, you can't go wrong with this nursing home. Keep reading to find this nursing home's category grades, which also impressed us. You just can't do any better than a straight A profile.
Lodge at New Dawn The
Updated Jan 1, 2020 by Nick Lata
3660 Greentree Avenue Sw,
Canton OH 44706
50% estimated occupancy 1
Note: Data for Lodge at New Dawn The has not been updated recently. This page shows historical performance which may not be representitive of current service levels.
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for its nursing grade. Our nursing grade includes a variety of datapoints. The most important factor is the number of hours nurses spent with residents. This nursing home provided 7.4 hours of nursing care per resident daily. This was one of the highest figures we found. In addition, a significant portion of this care was provided by registered nurses, which are highly skilled nurses. These are both really impressive figures. On top of providing impressive levels of nursing care, this nursing home also excelled in the quality-based metrics we assessed. It performed as well as any facility in Ohio in terms of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers.
This facility has received near flawless inspections recently. We gave them an A in this category. Inspection scores account for a host of factors found on a nursing home's inspection reports. One key criteria we weigh heavily is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with higher grades in this category typically have very few of these severe deficiencies. Although this nursing home had a few deficiencies on its inspection report, none were major deficiencies based on CMS' scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Lodge at New Dawn The?
Long-term Care Quality
Turning our third area, we gave this facility a grade of A for our long-term care rating. This is a very impressive grade. In a long-term care setting, the primary goal is to maintain residents' quality of life and keep them safe. On top of assessing the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. Unfortunately, we weren't able to locate information on vaccination rates. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Short-term Care Quality
In the last category, we gave this facility an A for our short-term care rating. This finished off a very favorable report card. Short-term care scores are based on the nursing home's quantity of skilled skilled healthcare professionals. This means a wide range of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. This facility excelled in the two key staffing areas we looked at. The facility provided more care from registered nurses and physical therapists than the average facility. This is certainly an excellent sign. The last measure we looked at in this category is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We discovered that 0 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Lodge at New Dawn The Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Lodge at New Dawn The, 11.79 Percentage of Patients
Measures the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to gauge the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Lodge at New Dawn The, 74.53% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percent of short-term stay patients that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many in the industry would argue this is a measure of rehabilitation services.
Scores for Canton, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Canton, Ohio has 6 other nursing homes
- Aultman HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.62 miles away2600 Sixth Street Sw Canton Ohio 44710Voluntary non-profit - Other(330) 363-6352
- Mercy Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.73 miles away1320 Mercy Drive Nw Canton Ohio 44708Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 489-1080
- Union HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.27 miles away659 Boulevard Dover Ohio 44622Voluntary non-profit - Other(330) 343-3311
- Aultman Orrville HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 19.26 miles away832 South Main Street Orrville Ohio 44667Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 682-3010
- Alliance Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19.5 miles away200 East State Street Alliance Ohio 44601Voluntary non-profit - Other(330) 596-7018
- Davita Canton Dialysis3.69 miles away2912 W Tuscarawas St Canton Ohio 44708Dialysis Stations: 27 (330) 458-0150
- Fmc- Stark County Dialysis3.73 miles away2835 Tuscarawas Street West Canton Ohio 44708Dialysis Stations: 17 (330) 456-3997
- Davita - Mercy Canton Dialysis4.73 miles away1320 Mercy Drive N W Canton Ohio 44708Dialysis Stations: 18 (330) 580-4001
- Davita - Massillon Community Dialysis5.64 miles away2112 Lincoln Way East Massillon Ohio 44646Dialysis Stations: 13 (330) 837-7730
- Davita Navarre Dialysis5.95 miles away517 Park St Nw Suite A Navarre Ohio 44662Dialysis Stations: 7 (330) 879-5270
- Fmc - Massillon Dialysis Center6.7 miles away2474 Lincoln Way East Massillon Ohio 44646Dialysis Stations: 17 (330) 837-2575
- Davita Belden Community Dialysis7 miles away4685 Fulton Road Nw Canton Ohio 44718CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 42 (330) 649-9300
- Kamaka Dialysis LLC15.2 miles away1587 Boettler Rd Suite 130 Uniontown Ohio 44685Dialysis Stations: 14 (330) 899-0035