The Gables of Canton is a very-small nursing home located in Canton, Ohio. We awarded this facility world class overall grade of A+. It outpaced the average nursing home in Canton by a sizable margin. Based on our assessment, this place should be a no brainer for just about anybody. If you scroll down, you will see this nursing home's category grades, which are equally impressive as its overall rating.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
The Gables of Canton
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Jan 1, 2020 by Nick Reese
Note: Data for The Gables of Canton has not been updated recently. This page shows historical performance which may not be representitive of current service levels.
Get pricing and details on Canton senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Top Nursing Home in Ohio Awards 2020
One of the many reasons this turned out to be a great nursing home is that it received an A+ nursing grade. This is simply as good as it gets in this category. When computing our nursing ratings, we factor in both the number of hours nurses spend with residents and the training levels of the nurses. This nursing home provides 0.7 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality measures and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility the country in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can many times be avoided by offering better nursing care, such as having a system of moving a resident even once per day.
This facility has received near flawless government inspections recently. We awarded them an impressive grade of A in this area. Our inspection ratings are based on several pieces of information located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that receive favorable grades in this category have few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these facilities should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. Fortunately, although this facility had some minor dings on its inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you that the government inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about The Gables of Canton?
Long-term Care Quality
The next area we looked at is long-term care. Adding to its impressive profile, this facility also excelled in this category. In fact, it received a grade of of A in the category. In a long-term care environment, the nursing home's primary objective is to maintain residents' quality of life and keep them safe. On top of considering the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. Unfortunately, we were not able to locate this facility's vaccination rates. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Short-term Care Quality
The fourth area we rated was short-term care, where this facility was awarded a grade of A. This finished off a very impressive profile. Very few facilities received an A- or higher in in each area we assessed. Our short-term care grades are thought to be most important for those requiring a nursing home for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically utilizes more highly-skilled nursing. Skilled nursing means not only nursing services, but also physical and occupational therapy, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we looked at the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 0 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
The Gables of Canton Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In The Gables of Canton, 12.98 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In The Gables of Canton, 75.85% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term patients who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Canton, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of D
- Nurse Rating has a grade of D
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Canton, Ohio has 4 other nursing homes
- Aultman HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.62 miles away2600 Sixth Street Sw Canton Ohio 44710Voluntary non-profit - Other(330) 363-6352
- Mercy Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.73 miles away1320 Mercy Drive Nw Canton Ohio 44708Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 489-1080
- Union HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.27 miles away659 Boulevard Dover Ohio 44622Voluntary non-profit - Other(330) 343-3311
- Aultman Orrville HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 19.26 miles away832 South Main Street Orrville Ohio 44667Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 682-3010
- Alliance Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19.5 miles away200 East State Street Alliance Ohio 44601Voluntary non-profit - Other(330) 596-7018
- Davita Canton Dialysis3.69 miles away2912 W Tuscarawas St Canton Ohio 44708Dialysis Stations: 27 (330) 458-0150
- Fmc- Stark County Dialysis3.73 miles away2835 Tuscarawas Street West Canton Ohio 44708Dialysis Stations: 17 (330) 456-3997
- Davita - Mercy Canton Dialysis4.73 miles away1320 Mercy Drive N W Canton Ohio 44708Dialysis Stations: 18 (330) 580-4001
- Davita - Massillon Community Dialysis5.64 miles away2112 Lincoln Way East Massillon Ohio 44646Dialysis Stations: 13 (330) 837-7730
- Davita Navarre Dialysis5.95 miles away517 Park St Nw Suite A Navarre Ohio 44662Dialysis Stations: 7 (330) 879-5270
- Fmc - Massillon Dialysis Center6.7 miles away2474 Lincoln Way East Massillon Ohio 44646Dialysis Stations: 17 (330) 837-2575
- Davita Belden Community Dialysis7 miles away4685 Fulton Road Nw Canton Ohio 44718CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 42 (330) 649-9300
- Kamaka Dialysis LLC15.2 miles away1587 Boettler Rd Suite 130 Uniontown Ohio 44685Dialysis Stations: 14 (330) 899-0035