Lockport Rehab & Health Care Center is an average-sized nursing home located in Lockport, New York. This turns out to be a respectable facility, with an overall grade of B-. Based on our assessment, there are definitely much worse facilities out there. The best part of this place's profile was its remarkable inspection reports. We discuss inspections in the next paragraph.
Lockport Rehab & Health Care Center
Updated May 1, 2022 by Sara Levinsohn
909 Lincoln Ave,
Lockport NY 14094
97.92% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
The main reason this ended up being a decent nursing home is that it received an elite inspection score. In fact, its inspection grade was far superior to its overall grade. In our inspections category, we gave this facility a grade of A+. Our inspection ratings account for several factors included in a facility's inspection reports. One of the most important criteria we weigh heavily is the number and severity of deficiencies. Places with better grades in this area typically have very few of these severe deficiencies. Although this nursing home had some deficiencies on its government inspection report, none were serious based on CMS' deficiency scale. A couple minor deficiencies are not something to panic about.
Short-term Care Quality
We also gave this facility a decent grade in the category of short-term care, where we gave it a B-. Our short-term care ratings are thought to be more critical for people requiring rehabilitation services. Rehabilitation generally mandates additional skilled nursing. This means not just nursing, but also physical and speech therapy, as well as other types of therapy. One of this nursing home's strengths is physical therapy hours. We found that it offers more hours with physical therapists to its residents than most facilities. The final statistic we assessed in this category is the percentage of residents who ultimately were able to return home from the facility. We found that it performed better than most nursing homes in this area with 55.8 percent of its residents returning home.
Does this page answer your questions about Lockport Rehab & Health Care Center?
Long-term Care Quality
The third most favorable category we gave this facility in any category came in the category of long-term care, where we awarded it a C. In a long-term care setting, the nursing home's primary objective is to keep patients healthy and safe. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate residents. One of the factors we considered after nursing hours is vaccinations. We were a bit alarmed this nursing home provided the pneumonia vaccination to just 88.03828 percent of its residents. Fortunately, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0.6 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
The final area we scored is nursing. We awarded this nursing home a grade of D for our nursing category, rendering this its weakest category grade. The nursing rating includes a number of subcategories. The most heavily weighted factor is the amount of time nurses spend with patients. With only 3 hours of nursing care per resident each day, this place's nurse staffing levels were far below the national average. In addition to its subpar nursing hours, this facility also earned poor marks in some of the quality-based measures we looked at in calculating our nursing grades. We found that a higher percentage of this facility's residents experienced falls leading to major injury. We believe that many falls could likely be prevented with better nursing care. This metric contributed to this place receiving a poor nursing score.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Lockport Rehab & Health Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Lockport Rehab & Health Care Center, 9.64% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic is is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients that are suffering from pressure ulcers. We've found that pressure ulcers are a reliable indicator of a facility's nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Lockport Rehab & Health Care Center, 3.1% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of residents that sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in major injury are considered to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care . Major falls are often the result of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Lockport Rehab & Health Care Center, 2.09% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint tells you the percentage of long-term care patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. While a higher rate of these infections may reflect poorly on a nursing home's cleanliness, it can be difficult to compare between facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Lockport Rehab & Health Care Center, 11.62% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of patients who were given antipsychotic medications. These medications are used for several conditions, including cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Lockport Rehab & Health Care Center, 13.11% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of residents prescribed antianxiety medications. These drugs are generally given to residents suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Lockport Rehab & Health Care Center, 13.02% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents who are showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Lockport Rehab & Health Care Center, 92.45% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients that were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Lockport Rehab & Health Care Center, 14.69% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of patients who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living could be a sign of the erosion of a patient's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Lockport Rehab & Health Care Center, 18.9% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay residents that remained mobile levels.
In Lockport Rehab & Health Care Center, 1.2 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Lockport Rehab & Health Care Center, 18.9 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Lockport Rehab & Health Care Center, 8.78 Percentage of Patients
Measures the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to assess the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Lockport Rehab & Health Care Center, 74.53% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term stay residents who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
- Eastern Niagara HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.6 miles away521 East Avenue Lockport New York 14094Voluntary non-profit - Private(716) 514-5700
- Medina Memorial HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 14.61 miles away200 Ohio Street Medina New York 14103Voluntary non-profit - Private(585) 798-8111
- Kenmore Mercy HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.1 miles away2950 Elmwood Avenue Buffalo New York 14217Voluntary non-profit - Church(716) 447-6100
- Erie County Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 17.68 miles away462 Grider Street Buffalo New York 14215Voluntary non-profit - Private(716) 898-3936
- Mount St Mary's Hospital and Health CenterAcute Care Hospitals 17.94 miles away5300 Military Road Lewiston New York 14092Voluntary non-profit - Church(716) 297-4800
- Sisters of Charity HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.06 miles away2157 Main Street Buffalo New York 14214Voluntary non-profit - Private(716) 862-1000
- Niagara Falls Memorial Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 19.44 miles away621 Tenth Street Niagara Falls New York 14302Voluntary non-profit - Other(716) 278-4000
- Davita Lock City Dialysis1.27 miles away475 South Transit Street Suite 900 Lockport New York 14094Dialysis Stations: 9 (716) 439-0590
- Us Renal Care Williamsville Dialysis11.34 miles away7964 Transit Road, Suite 8-A Buffalo New York 14221Dialysis Stations: 13 (716) 634-1841
- Davita Suburban Dialysis12.25 miles away705 Maple Road Suite 600 Buffalo New York 14221CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (716) 630-6640
- Pure Life Renal of Buffalo Inc.13.37 miles away6010 Main Street Buffalo New York 14221Dialysis Stations: 25 (716) 631-4700
- Us Renal Care Tonawanda Dialysis14.15 miles away3161 Eggert Road Tonawanda New York 14150CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (716) 832-0159
- Us Renal Care Amherst Dialysis14.34 miles away2880, Sheridan Dr Tonawanda New York 14150Dialysis Stations: 13 (716) 541-9165
- Lake Plains Dialysis Center15 miles away110 20 W. Center Street Ext. Medina New York 14103Dialysis Stations: 9 (585) 798-3757
- Davita Northtowns Dialysis Center15.08 miles away4041 Delaware Avenue Ste 150 Tonawanda New York 14150CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (716) 871-8103