Llanfair House Care & Rehabilitation Center is a facility in Wayne, New Jersey, which has 54,717 people. This is a lower end facility, with an overall grade of D. This facility has very little working in its favor. Finally, inspections was the lone shining light in our review of this nursing home. We provide additional information about this category below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Llanfair House Care & Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
1140 Black Oak Ridge Road,
Wayne NJ 07470
54.77% estimated occupancy 1
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
Although we didn't give this facility a good overall grade, we did give it a relatively strong grade in the area of inspections, where it earned a B+. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in computing these inspection ratings. One critical factor is deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of the deficiencies is usually more important than the quantity of deficiencies, as some can be relatively insignificant. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. In spite of this deficiency, this place still received a relatively positive report.
This facility's second best category was nursing, but even there it received a grade of just D. This is still a well below average grade. Our nursing rating is mostly tied to a facility's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home provided only 0.2 hours of nursing care per resident daily. This is well below average. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in calculating our nursing ratings. This nursing home fared well when it comes to minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers.
Does this page answer your questions about Llanfair House Care & Rehabilitation Center?
Long-term Care Quality
We awarded this nursing home just a D for our long-term care grade. This is not one of our better scores. Nursing homes that don't score well in long-term care often do not provide as much nursing care and also may be struggling in some of the areas of routine healthcare services we looked at. After assessing the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we then looked at the facility's vaccination records. Unfortunately, this facility vaccinated just 86.76845 percent of its residents against pneumonia. To our surprise, this place was actually decent at keeping its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had just 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. This is its best score in this category.
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to our final area, this nursing home didn't perform well in this category either. Due to a very poor grade of F in short-term care, this is really as bad as it gets. Our short-term care grades are crucial for residents seeking rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually utilizes more highly-skilled nursing services. This means a wide spectrum of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. Based on its score in this area, we weren't surprised to discover that this nursing home is well below average in terms of its quantity of physical therapy and registered nurse hours provided to its residents based on the measures we looked at. The last datapoint we looked at in this category is the number of residents who ultimately were able to return home from the nursing home. This nursing home struggled quite a bit in this metric as well, with just 4.1 percent of its patients returning home. This was quite a bit below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Llanfair House Care & Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Llanfair House Care & Rehabilitation Center, 8.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic measures the percentage of long-term stay patients who suffered from new or worsened pressure ulcers . We factor in this statistic in computing our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Llanfair House Care & Rehabilitation Center, 2.79% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of residents who sustained a fall resulting in major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Llanfair House Care & Rehabilitation Center, 1.44% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of long-term patients who experienced a UTI. UTI's could be an indication of a facility with lower levels of hygiene. However, this datapoint could also be misleading for some nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Llanfair House Care & Rehabilitation Center, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents taking antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications serve an important medical purpose, it is important to ensure these medications are being used appropriately. In some situations, increased usage of these drugs may indicate that a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Llanfair House Care & Rehabilitation Center, 17.29% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of long-term patients who were administered antianxiety medication. These medications are typically prescribed to patients experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Llanfair House Care & Rehabilitation Center, 6.37% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay residents who are showing signs of depression. Some argue this is a reliable measure of resident quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Llanfair House Care & Rehabilitation Center, 89.73% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term care residents who have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for nursing home patients, making these vaccines critical to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Llanfair House Care & Rehabilitation Center, 10.05% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and taking a bath. Some argue this is a measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Llanfair House Care & Rehabilitation Center, 10.04% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients who remained mobile levels.
In Llanfair House Care & Rehabilitation Center, 1.88 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Llanfair House Care & Rehabilitation Center, 10.04 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Llanfair House Care & Rehabilitation Center, 9.47 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Llanfair House Care & Rehabilitation Center, 81.82% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percent of short-term stay patients who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Some experts would argue that this is a reliable measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation services.
- Chilton Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.22 miles away97 West Parkway Pompton Plains New Jersey 07444Voluntary non-profit - Private(973) 831-5000
- St Joseph's University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.61 miles away703 Main St Paterson New Jersey 07503Voluntary non-profit - Church(973) 754-2010
- Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.92 miles away223 N Van Dien Avenue Ridgewood New Jersey 07450Voluntary non-profit - Private(201) 447-8000
- Essex County Hospital CenterPsychiatric 9.09 miles away204 Grove Avenue Cedar Grove New Jersey 07009Government - Local(973) 571-2801
- St Mary's General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.88 miles away350 Boulevard Passaic New Jersey 07055Proprietary(973) 365-4300
- Bergen New Bridge Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.01 miles away230 East Ridgewood Ave Paramus New Jersey 07652Government - Local(201) 967-4000
- Saint Clare's Hospital/ Denville CampusAcute Care Hospitals 11.53 miles away25 Pocono Road Denville New Jersey 07834Proprietary(973) 983-5569
- Good Samaritan Hospital of SuffernAcute Care Hospitals 11.86 miles away255 Lafayette Avenue Suffern New York 10901Voluntary non-profit - Church(845) 368-5000
- Davita North Haledon Dialysis4.6 miles away953 Belmont Avenue Haledon New Jersey 07508Dialysis Stations: 19 (973) 427-4675
- St. Joseph's Wayne Dialysis6.34 miles away57 Willowbrook Blvd Wayne New Jersey 07470Dialysis Stations: 20 (973) 890-2792
- Woodland Park Dialysis Center6.84 miles away1225 Mcbride Ave Suite 100 Little Falls New Jersey 07424CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (973) 890-2394
- St. Joseph's Paterson Dialysis7.52 miles away11 Getty Avenue 275 Hospital Plaza Paterson New Jersey 07503CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 60 (973) 684-3490
- St. Joseph's Sjrmc Dialysis7.64 miles away703 Main Street r2n Paterson New Jersey 07503Dialysis Stations: 8 (973) 754-3570
- Davita Fairlawn Dialysis7.86 miles away18-01 Pollitt Drive Fair Lawn New Jersey 07410CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (201) 796-3873
- Davita East Paterson7.86 miles away680 Broadway Ste 103 Paterson New Jersey 07514CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (973) 357-8079
- Davita Radburn Dialysis7.97 miles away15-00 Pollitt Drive Fair Lawn New Jersey 07410CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (201) 796-1385