Llanfair House Care & Rehabilitation Center is a facility in Wayne, New Jersey, which has 54,717 people. This is a lower end facility, with an overall grade of D. Wayne received a city grade of B+, so there are some other options in the city worth considering. This place's only redeeming feature is its inspection grade, which you can find more information about below.
Llanfair House Care & Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
Although we did not rate this facility favorably overall, we want to point out its nearly flawless inspections in recent years. We awarded them an impressive grade of A in this category. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in determining our inspection ratings. One critical factor is deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of deficiencies is usually more meaningful than the number of deficiencies, as some end up being quite insignificant. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. In spite of this deficiency, this nursing home still received a relatively positive report.
Long-term Care Quality
Moving on to the category of long-term care, this facility was awarded just a D in that category. Unfortunately, this ended up being one of its best areas. Nursing homes that do not fare well in this category often don't provide as much nursing care and also may be lagging in some of the areas of routine personal care we looked at. Once we assessed the quantity of nursing care, we then looked at the facility's vaccination record. We were a bit alarmed this facility vaccinated just 87.74039 percent of its residents for pneumonia. Surprisingly, this nursing home was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0.03 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this nursing home has less hospitalizations than most nursing homes. This was its best feature in this category.
Does this page answer your questions about Llanfair House Care & Rehabilitation Center?
We gave this facility a grade of just D for our nursing rating. Nursing scores are mostly based on a nursing home's level of nurse staffing. With only 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient on a daily basis, this place's nurse staffing levels were well below average. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing scores. This place performed well when it comes to avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. Many consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
The last area we assessed is short-term care, which turned out to be a weak link for this nursing home. We awarded this facility a grade of just D for the area of short-term care. Our short-term care grades are arguably more important for folks needing rehabilitation from their nursing home. Rehabilitation usually utilizes more highly-skilled nursing. This means not just nursing services, but also physical and speech therapy, as well as other forms of therapy. With a grade this poor for this category, we were not surprised to learn that this facility was well below average in multiple staffing metrics we focus on. The nursing home provided substantially fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per patient than most nursing homes. The final datapoint we considered in this category is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We discovered that just 4 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home, which is well below average. The combination of these poor statistics doomed this nursing home's short-term care score.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Llanfair House Care & Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Llanfair House Care & Rehabilitation Center, 9.57% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of residents who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage caused by remaining in the same position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Llanfair House Care & Rehabilitation Center, 2.57% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of residents that have had a major fall. Falls leading to serious injury are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be an indicator of nursing care . Major falls leading to injury are often the result of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Llanfair House Care & Rehabilitation Center, 1.73% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic is an indication of the percentage of long-term residents which suffered from a UTI. UTI's may be a sign of a facility with worst hygiene practices. However, this metric could be skewed for some nursing homes due to different reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Llanfair House Care & Rehabilitation Center, 10.75% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of long-term patients who were administered antipsychotic medication. Excessive reliance on these medications may suggest a facility is using these medications to subdue residents in situations where such drugs aren't medically indicated. However, some nursing homes need to rely on these drugs due to having more patients suffering from cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Llanfair House Care & Rehabilitation Center, 17.5% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of residents who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are prescribed to residents experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Llanfair House Care & Rehabilitation Center, 5.81% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term care residents showing symptoms of depression. Many in the industry would argue that this is a reliable measure of patient quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Llanfair House Care & Rehabilitation Center, 92% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents that received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Llanfair House Care & Rehabilitation Center, 10.99% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term patients that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and taking a bath. Many would argue this is a reasonable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Llanfair House Care & Rehabilitation Center, 14.79% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percentage of long-term residents that remained mobile levels.
In Llanfair House Care & Rehabilitation Center, 1.49 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Llanfair House Care & Rehabilitation Center, 14.79 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Llanfair House Care & Rehabilitation Center, 8.17 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Llanfair House Care & Rehabilitation Center, 80.57% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percent of short-term stay patients who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many in the industry believe this is a reliable measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation services.
Scores for Wayne, NJ
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-plus
Looking for more options? Wayne, New Jersey has 5 other nursing homes
- Chilton Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.22 miles away97 West Parkway Pompton Plains New Jersey 07444Voluntary non-profit - Private(973) 831-5000
- St Joseph's University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.61 miles away703 Main St Paterson New Jersey 07503Voluntary non-profit - Church(973) 754-2010
- Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.92 miles away223 N Van Dien Avenue Ridgewood New Jersey 07450Voluntary non-profit - Private(201) 447-8000
- Essex County Hospital CenterPsychiatric 9.09 miles away204 Grove Avenue Cedar Grove New Jersey 07009Government - Local(973) 571-2801
- St Mary's General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.88 miles away350 Boulevard Passaic New Jersey 07055Proprietary(973) 365-4300
- Bergen New Bridge Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.01 miles away230 East Ridgewood Ave Paramus New Jersey 07652Government - Local(201) 967-4000
- Saint Clare's Hospital/ Denville CampusAcute Care Hospitals 11.53 miles away25 Pocono Road Denville New Jersey 07834Proprietary(973) 983-5569
- Good Samaritan Hospital of SuffernAcute Care Hospitals 11.86 miles away255 Lafayette Avenue Suffern New York 10901Voluntary non-profit - Church(845) 368-5000
- Davita North Haledon Dialysis4.6 miles away953 Belmont Avenue Haledon New Jersey 07508Dialysis Stations: 19 (973) 427-4675
- St. Joseph's Wayne Dialysis6.34 miles away57 Willowbrook Blvd Wayne New Jersey 07470Dialysis Stations: 20 (973) 890-2792
- Woodland Park Dialysis Center6.84 miles away1225 Mcbride Ave Suite 100 Little Falls New Jersey 07424CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (973) 890-2394
- St. Joseph's Paterson Dialysis7.52 miles away11 Getty Avenue 275 Hospital Plaza Paterson New Jersey 07503CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 60 (973) 684-3490
- St. Joseph's Sjrmc Dialysis7.64 miles away703 Main Street r2n Paterson New Jersey 07503Dialysis Stations: 8 (973) 754-3570
- Davita Fairlawn Dialysis7.86 miles away18-01 Pollitt Drive Fair Lawn New Jersey 07410CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (201) 796-3873
- Davita East Paterson7.86 miles away680 Broadway Ste 103 Paterson New Jersey 07514CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (973) 357-8079
- Davita Radburn Dialysis7.97 miles away15-00 Pollitt Drive Fair Lawn New Jersey 07410CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (201) 796-1385