Little Neck Care Center is an average-sized nursing home located in Little Neck, New York. This nursing home received an overall grade of B-, which is a solid grade. This facility seems to have some things working in its favor. One of the major highlights of this facility's report card is its stellar inspection score, which we will address in the next paragraph.
Little Neck Care Center
Updated May 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
260 19 Nassau Blvd,
Little Neck NY 11362
77.58% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a respectable nursing home overall, this facility also excelled in the category of inspections, where it received a grade of A+. Few facilities performed better in this category. Our inspection grades are based on items located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places that score well in this category typically have very few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even some of the best nursing homes receive an occasional ding on their inspection report.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility's next best category is its short-term care score, where it was awarded a grade of B-. In our short-term care assessment, we seek to forge a meaningful barometer for rehabilitation services. In doing so, we look at the nursing home's level of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as speech therapy. This nursing home excelled in the two key staffing areas we looked at. In fact, it offered more care from registered nurses and physical therapists than a typical nursing home. The final measure we looked at in this area is the number of patients who ultimately were able to return home from the nursing home. It fared better than most nursing homes in this area with 53 percent of its residents returning home. Unfortunately, at most nursing homes, fewer than half of their short-term residents are able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Little Neck Care Center?
Turning to another strength for this facility, it also received an elite nursing rating. We gave this facility an D. We looked at the levels of nurses working for the nursing home, in addition to the quantity of time the nurses worked with residents, in determining our score in this area. This facility provided 3.7 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is below the national average. In addition to receiving below average scores for total nursing hours, this facility was less impressive in some of the quality-based measures we looked at in computing our nursing ratings. We looked at the percent of residents suffering pressure ulcers and found this place was at approximately 150 percent of the national average in this metric.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home's worst category is long-term care, which is the last area we scored. For this category, we gave this nursing home a grade of just D. For prospective residents looking for a permanent place to live as opposed to rehabilitation, long-term care grades are a key measure. In addition to assessing the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility provided the vaccine to 98.93617 percent of its patients, which is higher than the vast majority of nursing homes. Surprisingly, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0.22 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this nursing home has less hospitalizations than the majority of nursing homes. Sadly, some of its other scores in this category weren't as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Little Neck Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Little Neck Care Center, 9.64% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This measures the percent of long-term patients who suffer from new or worsened pressure ulcers. We find that pressure ulcers are a solid indicator of nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Little Neck Care Center, 3.1% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients that have had a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injury are considered to be a barometer of nursing care . Major falls resulting in injury are often the result of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Little Neck Care Center, 2.09% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered to be a measure of the quality of nursing care . UTI's are often associated with a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this datapoint can also be skewed for some facilities due to different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Little Neck Care Center, 11.62% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients given antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic medications are administered to residents for a variety of medical conditions, such as dementia. Unfortunately, in some cases, increased usage of these drugs may mean that a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Little Neck Care Center, 13.11% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric tells you the percentage of long-term stay residents taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Little Neck Care Center, 13.02% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who are showing depressive symptoms. High rates of depression may imply a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Little Neck Care Center, 92.45% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents that were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for nursing home patients, making these types of vaccines important for resident well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Little Neck Care Center, 14.69% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Little Neck Care Center, 18.9% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care patients that were able to retain mobility. Some experts would argue that the ability to move around is vital to residents' mental and physical health.
In Little Neck Care Center, 1.2 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital is key to maintaining the physical health of patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Little Neck Care Center, 18.9 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Little Neck Care Center, 8.78 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Little Neck Care Center, 74.53% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of short-term patients who experienced functional improvements.
- North Shore University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.53 miles away300 Community Drive Manhasset New York 11030Voluntary non-profit - Private(516) 562-0100
- Creedmoor Psychiatric CenterPsychiatric 1.87 miles away80-45 Winchester Blvd Bldg B Queens Village New York 11427Government - State(718) 264-4000
- St Francis Hospital, RoslynAcute Care Hospitals 3.9 miles away100 Port Washington Boulevard Roslyn New York 11576Voluntary non-profit - Church(516) 562-6000
- Nyu Winthrop HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.51 miles away259 First Street Mineola New York 11501Voluntary non-profit - Private(516) 663-0333
- Flushing Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.74 miles away45th Avenue and Parsons Boulevard Flushing New York 11355Voluntary non-profit - Private(718) 670-5000
- Queens Hospital CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.32 miles away82-68 164th Street Jamaica New York 11432Government - Local(718) 883-3000
- Jamaica Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.55 miles away89th Avenue and Van Wyck Expressway Richmond Hill New York 11418Voluntary non-profit - Private(718) 262-6000
- Mercy Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.12 miles away1000 North Village Avenue Rockville Centre New York 11570Voluntary non-profit - Private(516) 705-2525
- Davita Julia and Israel Waldbaum Dialysis1.59 miles away100 Community Drive Waldbaum Dialysis Center Great Neck New York 11021CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 34 (516) 465-8250
- Lij Satellite Dialysis Facility2.13 miles away220-22 Hillside Avenue Queens Village New York 11427CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (718) 975-1300
- Queens-Long Island Renal Institute2.83 miles away271-11 76th Avenue New Hyde Park New York 11040CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (718) 289-2600
- Lij Medical Center2.83 miles away270-05 76th Avenue Dialysis Unit 7th Floor New Hyde Park New York 11040Dialysis Stations: 6 (718) 470-7820
- New Hyde Park Dialysis Center2.83 miles awayNew Hyde Park Dialysis Center 1574 Hillside Avenue New Hyde Park New York 11040CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (516) 327-5555
- Davita Clearview Dialysis2.99 miles away4560 Francis Lewis Blvd Bayside New York 11361Dialysis Stations: 25 (718) 224-2398
- Fms-Bayside Dialysis Center2.99 miles away201-10 Northern Boulevard Bayside New York 11361CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (718) 423-6638
- True North Dialysis Center, LLC3.5 miles away1 Cisney Ave Floral Park New York 11001Dialysis Stations: 1 (516) 327-9502