Little Flower Manor is one of just a couple available nursing homes in Darby, Pennsylvania. Featuring an overall score of A+, this facility is one of the most impressive facilities we found. In fact, this nursing home made our top 100 list of the best facilities in the country, which is just an astounding feat. One of the major highlights of this facility's exemplary profile is its inspection reports. We discuss inspections in the next paragraph.
Little Flower Manor
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
On top of receiving a strong overall score, this nursing home earned an A+ inspection score. This grade is based on its recent government inspections. An A+ in this area is one of the best complements we can pay to a facility. Perhaps the most significant factor we look at in computing our inspection ratings is deficiencies. These deficiencies are found on a nursing home's inspection reports. Places with higher grades in this area typically avoided the most severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. Amazingly, this was one of the few nursing homes in the country that had no deficiencies whatsoever on its inspection report. This is very impressive. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
This nursing home also received an A+ for its nursing grade. We looked at the skill-level of nurses employed by the facility, as well as the quantity of hours the nurses were with patients, in computing our grade in this area. This particular nursing home provided 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can many times be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Little Flower Manor?
Short-term Care Quality
This facility also received a fine short-term care score. This actually is this facility's third best category score. In that category, we awarded this facility a score of A. Short-term care ratings are crucial for patients needing rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally utilizes more highly-skilled nursing. Skilled nursing means a vast range of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we assessed the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 6.1 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Long-term Care Quality
In our final area, this facility also was given an excellent long-term care score, with an A. This topped off a straight A report card. When facilities receive a score in this range in this category it generally means it's well-staffed and is a quality place to live on a permanent basis. On top of assessing the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility gave the vaccine to 100 percent of its patients. Vaccines are critical to keeping residents healthy. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Little Flower Manor Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Little Flower Manor, 7.72% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of patients who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage resulting from staying in one position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Little Flower Manor, 3.42% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint indicates the percent of long-term residents that suffered falls leading to major injury. We use this statistic in calculating our nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Little Flower Manor, 1.92% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic tells you the percent of long-term patients who have had a UTI. Although more of these infections could reflect poorly on a nursing home's cleanliness, it can be difficult to compare different facilities due to facilities having varying reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Little Flower Manor, 15.49% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This measures the percent of long-term stay residents who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Increased usage of these drugs may suggest a facility is using these medications to subdue residents in scenarios where such medications are not medically indicated. Nevertheless, some facilities may need to rely more on these drugs due to an increased number of patients with Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Little Flower Manor, 19.89% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of residents who were given antianxiety medications. These drugs are used to treat patients experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Little Flower Manor, 3.23% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Little Flower Manor, 88.5% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients that were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for seniors, making these types of vaccines critical to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Little Flower Manor, 15.28% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Little Flower Manor, 23.65% Percentage of Residents
This metric tracks the percentage of long-term stay residents who remained mobile levels. Some experts believe that mobility is vital to residents' health.
In Little Flower Manor, 1.24 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Little Flower Manor, 23.65 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Little Flower Manor, 8.84 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to assess short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Little Flower Manor, 72.22% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percentage of short-term patients that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some believe that this is a measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation performance.
- Mercy Catholic Medical Center- Mercy FitzgeraldAcute Care Hospitals 0.38 miles away1500 Lansdowne Ave Darby Pennsylvania 19023Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 237-4000
- Delaware County Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.3 miles away501 North Lansdowne Ave Drexel Hill Pennsylvania 19026Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 284-8100
- Penn Presbyterian Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.61 miles away51 North 39th Street Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19104Voluntary non-profit - Other(215) 662-8000
- Children's Hospital of PhiladelphiaChildrens 4.64 miles away34th St & Civic Center Blvd Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19104Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 590-3745
- Thomas Jefferson University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.34 miles away111 South 11th Street Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19107Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 955-6000
- Hahnemann University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.35 miles away230 North Broad Street Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19102Proprietary(215) 762-7000
- Pennsylvania HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.4 miles away800 Spruce Street Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19107Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 829-3000
- Main Line Hospital Bryn Mawr CampusAcute Care Hospitals 7.15 miles away130 South Bryn Mawr Ave Bryn Mawr Pennsylvania 19010Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 526-3000
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Sharon Hill, LLC0.72 miles away700 Chester Pike Sharon Hill Pennsylvania 19079Dialysis Stations: 12 (610) 532-2935
- Providence Square Home Training1.46 miles away831 Providence Rd. Clifton Heights Pennsylvania 19018Dialysis Stations: 1 (610) 626-1816
- u.s. Renal Care - Philadelphia2.17 miles away2910 S. 70th Street, Suite 3a Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19142CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (215) 937-1673
- Davita - West Philadelphia Dialysis2.17 miles away7609 Lindberg Boulevard Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19153Dialysis Stations: 24 (215) 937-1103
- Davita - Cobbs Creek Dialysis2.26 miles away1700 South 60th Street Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19142CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (215) 730-0500
- Bio-Medical Applications of Pennsylvania, Inc.2.73 miles away1740 S. State Road Upper Darby Pennsylvania 19082Dialysis Stations: 16 (610) 734-3501
- Davita - Waverly Dialysis2.93 miles awayWaverly Square 407 Baltimore Pike Morton Pennsylvania 19070CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (610) 690-1100
- Davita Renal Center of Philadelphia, LLC3.35 miles away5630 Chestnut St., 2nd Flr Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19139Dialysis Stations: 24 (215) 476-8301