Located in New Berlin, Wisconsin, Lindengrove New Berlin is the lone option we identified in the area. It looks like this is a very respectable nursing home. We gave it an overall grade of B, which is a favorable score. Based on our analysis, this facility has quite a bit going for it. One of the highlights of this nursing home's report card is its strong short-term care grade, which is addressed in the next section.
Lindengrove New Berlin
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Catheter Care
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
On top of performing well overall, this nursing home received even higher grades in the area of short-term care. It earned one of our best grades in that category with an A-. Our short-term care ratings are based in part on the facility's quantity of highly-skilled highly skilled professionals. This means a vast spectrum of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, not to mention other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we looked at the number of patients who returned home from this facility. We found that 5.8 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
This facility also performed well in inspections. It earned a nearly flawless government inspection report this year. As a result, it received one of our highest scores in that area with an A-. Few nursing homes with an overall score in this range performed this well in multiple categories. Our inspection scores are based on many items found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities that receive favorable grades in this category tend to have few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these facilities generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even some of the best nursing homes receive an occasional ding on their inspection report.
Does this page answer your questions about Lindengrove New Berlin?
This nursing home also received a strong nursing score. In fact, we awarded it an above average grade of B in this area. Nursing grades are mostly tied to a nursing home's nurse staffing. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well in the area of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
The final area we looked at was long-term care. This facility was awarded a B- in this category. Our long-term care grade focuses on a facility's assistance with daily living rather than the skilled therapy and healthcare services that are critical to a skilled nursing facility. In addition to assessing the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility administered the vaccine to 86.181816 percent of its residents. This is multiple points less than what we were hoping for. Nevertheless, this nursing home keeps its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Lindengrove New Berlin Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Lindengrove New Berlin, 6.93% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of residents that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also known as bed sores, are often the result of residents not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing care minimizes the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Lindengrove New Berlin, 3.27% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients that have had a major fall. Falls leading to severe injuries are considered to be an indicator of nursing care . Falls resulting in injury are often the result of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Lindengrove New Berlin, 3.19% of Patients had UTIs
This metric is an indication of the percentage of long-term residents who have sustained a UTI. While more infections could reflect poorly on a facility's hygiene protocols, it can be difficult to compare between nursing homes due to varying reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Lindengrove New Berlin, 13.83% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents prescribed antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic medications are prescribed to patients for a variety of medical conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias. Sadly, in limited situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest that a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Lindengrove New Berlin, 15.45% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint is an indication of the percentage of long-term care patients who were administered antianxiety medication. These medications are generally given to residents experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Lindengrove New Berlin, 6.26% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents showing signs of depression. Increased rates of depression may be an indicator a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Lindengrove New Berlin, 92.96% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term stay residents that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for nursing home residents, making these types of vaccines critical to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Lindengrove New Berlin, 13.23% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Lindengrove New Berlin, 20.17% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of patients who maintained mobility over time. Optimizing mobility is often a good sign for residents' health.
In Lindengrove New Berlin, 1.28 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. There is usually a correlation between staying out of the hospital and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Lindengrove New Berlin, 20.17 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical abilities of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Lindengrove New Berlin, 13.08 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Lindengrove New Berlin, 75.51% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percentage of short-term stay patients that experienced functional improvements.
- Aurora West Allis Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.32 miles away8901 W Lincoln Ave Milwaukee Wisconsin 53227Voluntary non-profit - Private(414) 328-6000
- Froedtert Memorial Lutheran HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.51 miles away9200 W Wisconsin Ave Milwaukee Wisconsin 53226Voluntary non-profit - Private(414) 805-3000
- Childrens Hospital of WisconsinChildrens 4.6 miles away9000 W Wisconsin Ave Milwaukee Wisconsin 53226Voluntary non-profit - Other(414) 266-2000
- Milwaukee County Behavioral Health DivisionPsychiatric 4.74 miles away9455 W Watertown Plank Rd Milwaukee Wisconsin 53226Government - Local(414) 257-5202
- Aurora St Lukes Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.9 miles away2900 W Oklahoma Ave Milwaukee Wisconsin 53215Voluntary non-profit - Private(414) 649-6000
- Ascension St Francis HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.69 miles away3237 S 16th St Milwaukee Wisconsin 53215Voluntary non-profit - Private(414) 647-5000
- Waukesha County Mental Health CtrPsychiatric 7.82 miles away1501 Airport Rd Waukesha Wisconsin 53188Government - Local(262) 548-7950
- Ascension Se Wisconsin Hospital - St Joseph CampusAcute Care Hospitals 8.05 miles away5000 W Chambers St Milwaukee Wisconsin 53210Voluntary non-profit - Church(414) 447-2130
- Fmc - Centre Point2.86 miles away11340 W Theodore Trecker Way Milwaukee Wisconsin 53214CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (414) 774-1244
- Davita - Bluemound4.16 miles away601 North 99th Street Suite 100 Milwaukee Wisconsin 53226CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (414) 755-6300
- Total Renal Care Inc4.22 miles away18740 W Bluemound Rd Brookfield Wisconsin 53045Dialysis Stations: 8 (262) 782-9856
- Davita - South Ridge4.34 miles away7740 W Layton Ave Milwaukee Wisconsin 53220CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (414) 281-1313
- Davita - Loomis Rd6.23 miles away4120 W Loomis Rd Milwaukee Wisconsin 53221CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (414) 761-4920
- Fresenius Medical Care Midwest 27th Street Branch6.98 miles away3120 S 27th St Milwaukee Wisconsin 53215CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (414) 643-1714
- Fresenius Medical Care Midwest South7.1 miles away2600 W Howard Ave Milwaukee Wisconsin 53221CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (414) 281-2704
- Davita - Wisconsin Ave7.14 miles away3801 W Wisconsin Ave Milwaukee Wisconsin 53208CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (414) 937-8240