Linden Woods Village is in Kansas City, Missouri. The city offers a variety of options. This facility is ranked among the top facilities we looked at. This nursing home was given one of the best grades that we offer. We simply can't say enough good things about this nursing home. Finally, this ended up being a very consistent nursing home with consistently strong grades in all four of our categories. More information about these categories is available below.
Linden Woods Village
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
2901 Ne 72nd Street,
Kansas City MO 64119
90.5% estimated occupancy 1
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Top Nursing Home in Missouri Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to performing well overall, this nursing home earned a nearly flawless inspection report. Consequently, it earned one of our best scores in that category with an A+. Inspection ratings weigh several factors, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can learn more about each of these issues by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. While this place had a few deficiencies on its government inspection report, none were major deficiencies based on CMS' scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
We also wanted to draw your attention to the fact that this facility excelled in our short-term care category. We awarded them an exemplary grade of A+ in this area. Our short-term care grades are probably most critical for those needing a nursing home for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually utilizes higher levels of highly-skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing means not only nursing services, but also physical and respiratory therapy, as well as other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we assessed the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 5.9 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Linden Woods Village?
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home also was superb in the area of long-term care, where it received a score of A. Not many facilities received a better grade in this category. Nursing homes that excel in long-term care tend to be well-staffed and provide extensive hands on care to residents. On top of considering the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility administered the vaccine to 100 percent of its residents, which is far higher than most nursing homes. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Turning to the next category, this facility also performed admirably in our nursing category. In fact, we awarded it an A- in this area. This completed a straight A report card. Our nursing grade is largely based on the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can many times be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Linden Woods Village Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Linden Woods Village, 9.2% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of patients who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are often caused by residents not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Linden Woods Village, 3.84% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of patients that have had a major fall. Falls leading to serious injuries are routinely caused by lower levels of patient supervision. Better nursing protocols can limit the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Linden Woods Village, 3.29% of Patients had UTIs
This figure tells you the percentage of long-term stay residents who experienced a urinary tract infection. UTI's may be an indicator of a facility with lower levels of hygiene. However, this statistic may be misleading for some facilities due to varying reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Linden Woods Village, 20.12% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of long-term stay residents which were prescribed antipsychotic medication. Increased usage of these drugs may mean a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents in scenarios where such medications are not medically indicated. Nevertheless, some nursing homes need to rely on these drugs due to having more patients suffering from cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Linden Woods Village, 24.45% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure is an indication of the percent of long-term residents who were administered antianxiety medication. These drugs are typically given to patients suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Linden Woods Village, 5.4% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Linden Woods Village, 86.07% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Linden Woods Village, 15.8% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living may be a sign of the deterioration of a patient's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Linden Woods Village, 13.34% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of residents that were able to retain mobility over time. Optimizing mobility is usually a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Linden Woods Village, 1.86 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Linden Woods Village, 13.34 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Linden Woods Village, 13.27 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between reduced emergency room visits and the quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Linden Woods Village, 71.67% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of short-term care patients that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Some believe this is a reasonable measure of a facility's rehabilitation services.
Scores for Kansas City, MO
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Kansas City, Missouri has 18 other nursing homes
- North Kansas City HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.08 miles away2800 Clay Edwards Drive Kansas City Missouri 64116Government - Local(816) 691-2000
- Saint Lukes North HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.77 miles away5830 N W Barry Road Kansas City Missouri 64154Voluntary non-profit - Private(816) 891-6000
- Liberty HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.39 miles away2525 Glenn Hendren Dr Liberty Missouri 64069Government - Hospital District or Authority(816) 781-7200
- Truman Medical Center Hospital HillAcute Care Hospitals 9.77 miles away2301 Holmes Street Kansas City Missouri 64108Voluntary non-profit - Private(816) 404-1000
- Childrens Mercy HospitalChildrens 9.94 miles away2401 Gillham Road Kansas City Missouri 64108Voluntary non-profit - Private(816) 234-3000
- University of Kansas HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.15 miles away4000 Cambridge Street Kansas City Kansas 66160Government - Hospital District or Authority(913) 588-7332
- St Lukes Hospital of Kansas CityAcute Care Hospitals 12.54 miles away4401 Wornall Road Kansas City Missouri 64111Voluntary non-profit - Private(816) 932-2000
- Providence Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.58 miles away8929 Parallel Parkway Kansas City Kansas 66112Voluntary non-profit - Church(913) 596-4000
- Isd - Kansas City Renal Center2.6 miles away4333 Madison Ave Kansas City Missouri 64111CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (816) 756-0645
- Shoal Creek Dialysis3.53 miles away8260 N Booth Avenue Kansas City Missouri 64158Dialysis Stations: 16 (816) 792-2502
- Northland Dialysis5.07 miles away2750 Clay Edwards Dr. #100 Kansas City Missouri 64116CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (816) 842-2056
- Hospital Hill Dialysis5.68 miles away900 E 21st Street Kansas City Missouri 64108CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (816) 842-9286
- Platte Woods Dialysis6.06 miles away7667 Nw Prairie View Rd Kansas City Missouri 64151CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 14 (816) 746-5542
- Liberty Dialysis7.31 miles away2525 Glenn Hendren Dr. Liberty Missouri 64068Dialysis Stations: 14 (816) 781-4422
- Home Dialysis Services Kc Midtown LLC9.26 miles away1728 Holmes St Kansas City Missouri 64108Dialysis Stations: 6 (816) 381-6167
- Independence Dialysis Center9.73 miles away1135 S. Claremont Independence Missouri 64054Dialysis Stations: 16 (816) 836-1220