Located in Leeds, Massachusetts, Linda Manor is one of only two nursing homes in the area. Featuring an overall rating of B+, this is a very good nursing home. As far as we can see, this place looks like a solid choice for most people. This nursing home also received very consistent ratings in each of the major categories we assessed. More information about its category grades can be found below.
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Best Nursing Home in Leeds, Massachusetts Awards 2019
Registered Staff Hours
On top of receiving a strong overall rating, this facility performed even better in the area of inspections which is associated with the nursing home's recent government inspections. In fact, we gave it an A- for that category, which is one of our highest grades. Arguably the most significant factor we consider in computing our inspection grades is deficiencies. These deficiencies are found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places with better grades in this category most likely avoided the more severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. While this place had some deficiencies on its government inspection report, none of them were major deficiencies based on CMS' deficiency scale. A couple relatively minor deficiencies aren't the end of the world.
Adding to its profile, this facility also earned a grade of B+ for its nursing rating. This is a well above average score in this category. Nursing ratings are mostly associated with the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can often be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Linda Manor ?
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home was given a favorable short-term care grade as well. We awarded it one of our better grades in that category with a score of B+. In crafting our short-term care ratings, we quantify the facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, occupational therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. Our goal is to create a measure for comparing the rehabilitation services of various facilities. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last datapoint we looked at in this category is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return home. We discovered that 5.3 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Long-term Care Quality
The next area we scored was long-term care. In this category, we gave this nursing home a strong grade of B. Nursing homes that do well in this category typically are well-staffed and provide extensive hands on care to patients. In addition to assessing the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility vaccinated 94.117645 percent of its patients, which is very impressive. Pneumonia is often a deadly ailment for nursing home patients so we like it when a nursing home does not take any chances. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Linda Manor Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Linda Manor , 6.44% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are routinely the result of patients staying in one position for too long. Better nursing care can limit the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Linda Manor , 3.68% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of long-term care patients which had a fall leading to major injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries may be an indication of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Linda Manor , 2.42% of Patients had UTIs
This metric is an indication of the percent of long-term patients who had a urinary tract infection. UTI's may be an indicator of worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this statistic may also be misleading for some facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Linda Manor , 19.05% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. These drugs are sometimes used for treating several medical conditions, including dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Linda Manor , 18.65% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of residents given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are given to patients suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Linda Manor , 1.93% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients who are demonstrating symptoms of depression. Many believe this is a measure of quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Linda Manor , 91.44% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay patients who were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for nursing home patients, making these types of vaccines indispensable.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Linda Manor , 15.15% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and using the bathroom. Some experts believe that this is a reliable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Linda Manor , 17.66% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of residents who retained mobility levels over time. Optimizing mobility can be a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Linda Manor , 1.44 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. Minimizing hospitalizations is important to preserving the physical health of patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Linda Manor , 17.66 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care. There is a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Linda Manor , 10.93 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Linda Manor , 71.35% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percent of short-term care patients that experienced functional improvements.
- Cooley Dickinson Hospital Inc,TheAcute Care Hospitals 2.83 miles away30 Locust Street Northampton Massachusetts 01060Voluntary non-profit - Private(413) 582-2000
- Holyoke Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.69 miles away575 Beech Street Holyoke Massachusetts 01040Voluntary non-profit - Private(413) 534-2500
- Baystate Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 17.21 miles away759 Chestnut Street Springfield Massachusetts 01199Voluntary non-profit - Private(413) 794-0000
- Baystate Franklin Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 17.3 miles away164 High Street Greenfield Massachusetts 01301Voluntary non-profit - Private(413) 773-0211
- Baystate Noble HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.39 miles away115 West Silver Street Westfield Massachusetts 01085Voluntary non-profit - Private(413) 568-2811
- Mercy Medical CtrAcute Care Hospitals 17.74 miles away271 Carew Street Springfield Massachusetts 01104Voluntary non-profit - Private(413) 748-9000
- Hampshire County Dialysis Center4.63 miles away84 Conz Street Northampton Massachusetts 01060Dialysis Stations: 13 (413) 586-7989
- Ara-Holyoke Dialysis LLC13.65 miles away36 Lower Westfield Rd Unit C-153 Holyoke Massachusetts 01040Dialysis Stations: 20 (413) 533-3128
- Dialysis Center of Western Massachusetts14.26 miles away601 Memorial Drive, Suite H Chicopee Massachusetts 01020Dialysis Stations: 15 (413) 593-3078
- Chicopee Dialysis Center15.12 miles awayI 391 Industrial Park 317 Meadow Street Chicopee Massachusetts 01013Dialysis Stations: 17 (413) 535-2529
- Pioneer Valley Dialysis Center15.7 miles away208 Ashley Avenue West Springfield Massachusetts 01089CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (413) 750-3400
- Ara-Ludlow Dialysis, LLC17.63 miles away14 Chestnut Place, Suite B Ludlow Massachusetts 01056CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (413) 583-7983
- Yankee Family Dialysis Center18.18 miles away115 Wildwood Avenue Greenfield Massachusetts 01301Dialysis Stations: 13 (413) 773-0001
- East Springfield Dialysis (Bma of Massachusetts)18.2 miles away1515 State Street Springfield Massachusetts 01109CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (413) 732-1586