Located in Revere, Massachusetts, Lighthouse Nursing Care Center is the lone nursing home we were able to find in this area. With an A- overall grade, we rated this nursing home in the top 25 percent of all nursing homes in the nation. This is just about as good of a facility as you'll find. Keep reading to find this nursing home's category ratings, which are also strong. It is hard to poke holes in this facility's profile.
Lighthouse Nursing Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Best Nursing Home in Revere, Massachusetts Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Revere, Massachusetts Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Revere, Massachusetts Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
With an overall grade this high, it should come as no surprise that this facility performed well in inspections, where it earned an A-. Our inspection grades account for several factors found on a facility's inspection reports. One key criteria we rely on is the number and severity of deficiencies. Facilities with higher grades in this category typically have few severe deficiencies. Fortunately, although this facility had a few minor dings on its report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are found in categories G through L. This tells you the inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. We should note that deficiency-free inspection reports are rare in this industry.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home also excelled in the category of short-term care, where we gave it a grade of A-. Few nursing homes fared better in this area. With our short-term care grade, we endeavor to create a valuable gauge for rehabilitation. In this process, we analyze a facility's scope of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as speech therapy. Unfortunately, it does not appear that this facility submitted registered nurse or physical therapist staffing data. Finally, we considered the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 5.9 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Lighthouse Nursing Care Center?
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home also was given a strong long-term care score. This actually is this nursing home's third most impressive category score. In that category, this facility received a score of A-. If you are seeking anything other than rehabilitation, you should take a close look at long-term care grades. Once we assessed the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination record. This nursing home vaccinated 92.944786 percent of its patients against pneumonia, which happens to be a bit below what we anticipated but still a reasonably acceptable figure. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. It had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Moving on to the final area, this facility was awarded a very strong nursing score. We awarded it a grade of B+ in this area, completing one of our more impressive report cards. The nursing rating is based on several data points, however, the primary one is the number of nurse hours spent with patients. This particular nursing home provided 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can generally be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Lighthouse Nursing Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Lighthouse Nursing Care Center, 6.44% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric gauges the percentage of long-term residents who suffered from new or worsened pressure ulcers. We find that pressure ulcers are a great barometer of a facility's nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Lighthouse Nursing Care Center, 3.68% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic measures the percentage of long-term care patients which have experienced falls resulting in serious injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries may be an indication of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Lighthouse Nursing Care Center, 2.42% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are often associated with worse hygiene protocols. Better hygiene protocols limits the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. Note that this statistic is sometimes skewed by the fact that nursing homes have incongruent reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Lighthouse Nursing Care Center, 19.05% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents prescribed antipsychotic medications. These medications are sometimes used for treating a variety of medical conditions, including cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Lighthouse Nursing Care Center, 18.65% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric gauges the percentage of long-term stay residents which were prescribed antianxiety medication. These drugs are generally used to treat patients suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Lighthouse Nursing Care Center, 1.93% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term residents showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Lighthouse Nursing Care Center, 91.44% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients that were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Lighthouse Nursing Care Center, 15.15% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living may indicate erosion of a patient's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Lighthouse Nursing Care Center, 17.66% Percentage of Residents
This metric tracks the percentage of long-term stay patients that were able to retain mobility. Some argue that mobility is important for patients mental and physical well-being.
In Lighthouse Nursing Care Center, 1.44 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Lighthouse Nursing Care Center, 17.66 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Lighthouse Nursing Care Center, 10.93 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Lighthouse Nursing Care Center, 71.35% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of short-term stay residents that saw functional improvements.
- Melrosewakefield HealthcareAcute Care Hospitals 3.86 miles away585 Lebanon Street Melrose Massachusetts 02176Voluntary non-profit - Private(781) 979-3000
- Massachusetts General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.49 miles away55 Fruit Street Boston Massachusetts 02114Voluntary non-profit - Private(617) 726-2000
- Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary -Acute Care Hospitals 4.52 miles away243 Charles Street Boston Massachusetts 02114Voluntary non-profit - Private(617) 523-7900
- Tufts Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.14 miles away800 Washington Street Boston Massachusetts 02111Voluntary non-profit - Private(617) 636-5000
- Cambridge Health AllianceAcute Care Hospitals 5.23 miles away1493 Cambridge Street Cambridge Massachusetts 02138Government - Local(617) 665-2300
- Winchester HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.25 miles away41 Highland Avenue Winchester Massachusetts 01890Voluntary non-profit - Private(781) 729-9000
- Boston Medical Center Corporation-Acute Care Hospitals 6.31 miles away1 Boston Medical Center Place Boston Massachusetts 02118Voluntary non-profit - Private(617) 638-8000
- Mount Auburn HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.51 miles away330 Mount Auburn Street Cambridge Massachusetts 02138Voluntary non-profit - Private(617) 492-3500
- North Suburban Dialysis Center (Bma Essex County)3.77 miles awayAugustine Plaza 124 Broadway, Route 1n Saugus Massachusetts 01906CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (781) 233-2877
- Medford Dialysis Center (Bma Medford)4.12 miles away305 Mystic Avenue Medford Massachusetts 02155CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 23 (781) 396-9282
- Massachusetts General Hospital4.21 miles awayDialysis Unit 55 Fruit St, Bigelow 10 Boston Massachusetts 02114Dialysis Stations: 11 (617) 726-3700
- Davita Wellington Circle Dialysis Center4.43 miles away10 Cabot Road Suite 103b Medford Massachusetts 02155CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (781) 306-9740
- Dci Ball Square4.77 miles away643 Broadway Somerville Massachusetts 02145CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (617) 616-3600
- Dialysis Clinic, Inc. (Dci Boston)5.04 miles away35 Kneeland Street 5th Floor Boston Massachusetts 02111CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (617) 636-6389
- Davita Boston Dialysis6.04 miles awayDialysis Unit 660 Harrison Avenue Boston Massachusetts 02118CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 37 (617) 859-7000
- Brigham and Women's Hospital6.41 miles awayDialysis Unit 75 Francis Street Boston Massachusetts 02115Dialysis Stations: 7 (617) 732-6130