Lifequest Nursing Center is a large non-profit nursing home located in Quakertown, Pennsylvania. This nursing home proved to be an A rated facility, which is one of the best ratings that we offer. We were so impressed with this nursing home that we ranked it in the top fifth of all nursing homes in the country. As you will find below, this place also performed just fine in our category grades. It's hard to find any major flaws in this nursing home's profile.
Lifequest Nursing Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
To pair with its strong overall score, we awarded this nursing home an A+ for our inspections rating. Arguably the most important factor we look at in computing our inspection ratings is deficiencies. These deficiencies are found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes with better scores in this category typically dodged the most severe deficiencies involving things like patient abuse. Although this facility had a few deficiencies on its inspection report, none of them were major deficiencies based on CMS' scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home also excelled in the area of long-term care, where we awarded it a grade of A. Only a select group of nursing homes fared better in this category. When facilities receive a grade in this range in this category it generally means it has plenty of staff and is an overall good place to reside on a permanent basis. In addition to considering the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home gave the vaccine to 100 percent of its patients. Vaccines are critical to keeping patients out of the hospital. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Lifequest Nursing Center?
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home was awarded a strong short-term care score as well. We gave it one of our better grades in that category with a score of B+. Short-term care ratings are meaningful for prospective residents requiring rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically utilizes additional skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes a wide spectrum of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we looked at the percentage of patients who ultimately returned home from this nursing home. We found that 5.7 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
In the final category we graded, this nursing home was awarded an impressive grade grade of B+ in our nursing category. With this grade, the nursing home completed a first-rate profile. The nursing grade consists of quite a few factors, however, the primary consideration is the number of nurse hours per patient per week. This particular nursing home provided 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well in terms of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Lifequest Nursing Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Lifequest Nursing Center, 7.59% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of patients that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage caused by remaining in the same position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Lifequest Nursing Center, 3.37% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients who suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to major injuries are often linked to lower levels of patient supervision. Closer supervision reduces the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Lifequest Nursing Center, 1.9% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint indicates the percentage of long-term care patients who sustained UTI's. UTI's could be a sign of a facility with lower levels of hygiene. However, this metric could be skewed for some facilities due to varying reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Lifequest Nursing Center, 15.54% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of long-term care residents who are administered antipsychotic drugs. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents in situations where such medications are not medically required. Nevertheless, some nursing homes need to rely more on these drugs due to an increased number of residents suffering from Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Lifequest Nursing Center, 19.74% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of residents who were given antianxiety medications. These medications are prescribed to residents experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Lifequest Nursing Center, 3.12% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term care patients demonstrating signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Lifequest Nursing Center, 88.22% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients that were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Lifequest Nursing Center, 14.84% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living may be a sign of decline of a patient's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Lifequest Nursing Center, 21.64% Percentage of Residents
This metric tracks the percent of long-term care residents that were able to retain mobility. Many believe that mobility is critical to patients physical and mental health.
In Lifequest Nursing Center, 1.31 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric tracks the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. Avoiding the hospital is important to maintaining the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Lifequest Nursing Center, 21.64 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Lifequest Nursing Center, 8.92 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care. There is generally a correlation between having fewer emergency room visits and the quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Lifequest Nursing Center, 72.59% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term care patients that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
- St Luke's Quakertown HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.85 miles away1021 Park Avenue Quakertown Pennsylvania 18951Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 538-4500
- Grand View HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.3 miles away700 Lawn Avenue Sellersville Pennsylvania 18960Voluntary non-profit - Other(215) 453-4615
- Lehigh Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.08 miles away1200 South Cedar Crest Boulevard Allentown Pennsylvania 18105Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 402-2273
- St Luke's Hospital BethlehemAcute Care Hospitals 11.63 miles away801 Ostrum Street Bethlehem Pennsylvania 18015Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 954-4000
- Sacred Heart HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.31 miles away421 Chew Street Allentown Pennsylvania 18102Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 776-4900
- Lansdale HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.44 miles away100 Medical Campus Drive Lansdale Pennsylvania 19446Voluntary non-profit - Other(215) 368-2100
- St Luke's Hospital - Anderson CampusAcute Care Hospitals 15.43 miles away1872 St Luke's Blvd Easton Pennsylvania 18045Voluntary non-profit - Private(484) 503-3000
- Doylestown HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.48 miles away595 West State St Doylestown Pennsylvania 18901Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 345-2200
- Davita - St. Luke's Quakertown Dialysis1.84 miles away1021 Park Avenue Quakertown Pennsylvania 18951Dialysis Stations: 12 (215) 536-8184
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Sellersville Dialysis5.93 miles away1105 Bethlehem Pike Sellersville Pennsylvania 18960CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (215) 257-0950
- Fresenius Kidney Care - South Allentown9.62 miles away2820 Mitchell Avenue Allentown Pennsylvania 18103Dialysis Stations: 16 (610) 797-7655
- Bio-Medical Applications of Pennsylvania, Inc11.47 miles away1005 Harvard Avenue Bethlehem Pennsylvania 18015Dialysis Stations: 17 (610) 997-8350
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Allentown11.87 miles away3136 Hamilton Boulevard Allentown Pennsylvania 18103CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (610) 435-6718
- Etowah Dialysis LLC11.87 miles away2550 Route 100, Suite 2 Macungie Pennsylvania 18062Dialysis Stations: 12 (610) 336-8350
- Davita - St. Luke's Allentown Dialysis12.16 miles away1901 Hamilton St., Suite 100 Allentown Pennsylvania 18104Dialysis Stations: 4 (610) 435-2590
- Etowah Dialysis, LLC12.16 miles away1901 Hamilton St., Suite 200 Allentown Pennsylvania 18104Dialysis Stations: 4 (610) 776-1479