Lifequest Nursing Center is a large non-profit nursing home located in Quakertown, Pennsylvania. This nursing home proved to be a quality facility, with an overall grade of B+. You can certainly do much worse than this nursing home. The best aspect of this nursing home's strong report card is its inspection rating. We discuss inspections in the next section
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Lifequest Nursing Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Quakertown senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
On top of faring well overall, this facility received a nearly flawless inspection report. Therefore, it received one of our highest grades in that category with an A+. Arguably the most significant factor we consider in calculating our inspection grades is deficiencies. These deficiencies are found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places with better grades in this category typically dodged the most severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. This facility was hit with 3 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none of the deficiencies were considered severe. This tells you that the government inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies to cause an immediate threat to resident health or safety. Remember that deficiency-free inspection reports are uncommon in this industry.
Short-term Care Quality
An additional quality feature for this facility is that it was given a favorable short-term care score. In fact, this turned out to be its second best category score. In this category, we gave this facility a B. Our short-term care grades are presumably most important for folks needing rehabilitation services. Rehabilitation usually requires additional highly-skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes not only nursing services, but also physical and occupational therapy, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. However, based on the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we considered the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 5.7 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Lifequest Nursing Center?
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home was awarded an impressive long-term care grade as well. We awarded it one of our higher grades in that area with a grade of B. When facilities receive a grade in this range in long-term care it typically means it's well-staffed and is a quality place to reside on a permanent basis. In addition to assessing the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility administered the vaccine to 100 percent of its residents, which is what we like to see. Pneumonia is often a deadly illness for nursing home residents so we prefer when a nursing home doesn't roll the dice on this issue. Finally, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
The final category we assessed proved to be this nursing home's worst category. Nevertheless, even in its weakest link we still gave it an acceptable grade of B- for our nursing category. We scrutinized the skill-level of nurses working for the facility, as well as the number of hours those nurses spent with patients, in calculating our score in this category. This place provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient per day. This is a relatively low total compared with most other facilities. Finally, despite not having the most impressive total nursing hours per resident, this facility performed admirably in the area of preventing major falls. This is generally a good indicator that a facility has quality controls in place.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Lifequest Nursing Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Lifequest Nursing Center, 7.55% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic gauges the percent of long-term stay residents who are suffering from new or worsened pressure ulcers or bed sores. We consider this statistic when determining both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Lifequest Nursing Center, 2.29% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of residents that sustained a fall leading to severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Lifequest Nursing Center, 5.32% of Patients had UTIs
This measures the percent of long-term residents who experienced urinary tract infections. While a higher rate of these infections could reflect poorly on a nursing home's cleanliness, it can be problematic to compare between nursing homes due to reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Lifequest Nursing Center, 21.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents who were given antipsychotic medications. These medications are used to treat several conditions, including dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Lifequest Nursing Center, 22.56% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety medications are administered to patients experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Lifequest Nursing Center, 2.4% of Patients
This is the percent of patients demonstrating depressive symptoms. Higher rates of depression may reveal lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Lifequest Nursing Center, 98.48% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term patients that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Lifequest Nursing Center, 17.19% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and using the bathroom. Some experts would argue that this is a reasonable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Lifequest Nursing Center, 21.32% of Residents
This indicates the percentage of patients who retained mobility levels over time. Preserving mobility is usually a great sign for residents' health.
In Lifequest Nursing Center, 0.02 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. Avoiding hospitalizations is key to maintaining the physical health of nursing home patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Lifequest Nursing Center, 21.32% of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Lifequest Nursing Center, 16.06% of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between staying out of the emergency room and the quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Lifequest Nursing Center, 63.22% of Resident
This is a measure of the percentage of short-term stay patients who experienced functional improvements.
- St Luke's Quakertown HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.85 miles away1021 Park Avenue Quakertown Pennsylvania 18951Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 538-4500
- Grand View HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.3 miles away700 Lawn Avenue Sellersville Pennsylvania 18960Voluntary non-profit - Other(215) 453-4615
- Lehigh Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.08 miles away1200 South Cedar Crest Boulevard Allentown Pennsylvania 18105Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 402-2273
- St Luke's Hospital BethlehemAcute Care Hospitals 11.63 miles away801 Ostrum Street Bethlehem Pennsylvania 18015Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 954-4000
- Sacred Heart HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.31 miles away421 Chew Street Allentown Pennsylvania 18102Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 776-4900
- Lansdale HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.44 miles away100 Medical Campus Drive Lansdale Pennsylvania 19446Voluntary non-profit - Other(215) 368-2100
- St Luke's Hospital - Anderson CampusAcute Care Hospitals 15.43 miles away1872 St Luke's Blvd Easton Pennsylvania 18045Voluntary non-profit - Private(484) 503-3000
- Doylestown HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.48 miles away595 West State St Doylestown Pennsylvania 18901Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 345-2200
- Davita - St. Luke's Quakertown Dialysis1.84 miles away1021 Park Avenue Quakertown Pennsylvania 18951Dialysis Stations: 12 (215) 536-8184
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Sellersville Dialysis5.93 miles away1105 Bethlehem Pike Sellersville Pennsylvania 18960CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (215) 257-0950
- Fresenius Kidney Care - South Allentown9.62 miles away2820 Mitchell Avenue Allentown Pennsylvania 18103Dialysis Stations: 16 (610) 797-7655
- Bio-Medical Applications of Pennsylvania, Inc11.47 miles away1005 Harvard Avenue Bethlehem Pennsylvania 18015Dialysis Stations: 17 (610) 997-8350
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Allentown11.87 miles away3136 Hamilton Boulevard Allentown Pennsylvania 18103CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (610) 435-6718
- Etowah Dialysis LLC11.87 miles away2550 Route 100, Suite 2 Macungie Pennsylvania 18062Dialysis Stations: 12 (610) 336-8350
- Davita - St. Luke's Allentown Dialysis12.16 miles away1901 Hamilton St., Suite 100 Allentown Pennsylvania 18104Dialysis Stations: 4 (610) 435-2590
- Etowah Dialysis, LLC12.16 miles away1901 Hamilton St., Suite 200 Allentown Pennsylvania 18104Dialysis Stations: 4 (610) 776-1479