Life Care Center of Westminster is a nursing home located in Westminster, Colorado, a city with a total of 49,261 people. This nursing home was given an A- overall, which is among the best ratings that we offer. A score of this caliber requires excellent marks across the board. We were so impressed with this facility that we ranked it in the top third of all nursing homes nationally. The best aspect of this facility's strong profile was its short-term care grade. We discuss short-term care in the next section
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Life Care Center of Westminster
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Westminster senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Top Nursing Home in Colorado Awards 2019
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
To go along with its strong overall score, we awarded this facility an impressive grade of A for our short-term care rating. With our short-term care category, we endeavor to forge a meaningful gauge for rehabilitation services. In doing so, we assess the facility's offerings of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as occupational therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we considered the number of residents who eventually returned home from this facility. We found that 6.2 percent of this nursing home's residents were able to return home.
One of the other reasons we graded this facility so highly is that it earned a very impressive nursing rating. This turned out to be its second best category grade. In that area, we awarded this facility an A. Our nursing score is largely based on the facility's level of nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can frequently be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Life Care Center of Westminster?
This facility earned a B for its inspections rating. This is an above average score in this category. Arguably the most critical factor we consider in computing our inspection ratings is deficiencies. Deficiencies can be found on a nursing home's inspection reports. Nursing homes with higher grades in this category typically avoided the most severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. We were not able to find information on deficiency's for this nursing home. We would like to have more information about this facility. Without having deficiency data, it ended up being challenging to assess this facility in terms of this category.
Long-term Care Quality
The final category we graded was long-term care, in which this nursing home received a grade of B-. This actually was this nursing home's weakest category. This is still nothing to be ashamed of. In determining these long-term care grades, we analyze the facility's ability to maintain its permanent residents' health and quality of life. After considering the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we turned to the facility's vaccination data. We were a bit bothered by the fact that this nursing home vaccinated 79.90655 percent of its residents against pneumonia, which is quite a bit below what we were hoping for. Nevertheless, this facility was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Life Care Center of Westminster Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Life Care Center of Westminster, 5.67% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of patients that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage resulting from remaining in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Life Care Center of Westminster, 3.72% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of residents that sustained a fall which caused major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Life Care Center of Westminster, 2.04% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of residents that have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are often the result of facilities with lower levels of hygiene. More frequent bathing limits the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. We want to point out that this statistic is affected by by the fact that facilities have incongruent reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Life Care Center of Westminster, 17.61% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This gauges the percent of long-term residents receiving antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to ensure these medications are being used only where medically required. In limited situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate that a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Life Care Center of Westminster, 12.49% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This gauges the percent of long-term stay residents who are administered antianxiety medication. These medications are generally used to treat patients suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Life Care Center of Westminster, 3.91% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term patients exhibiting signs of depression. Many in the industry argue this is a measure of patient quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Life Care Center of Westminster, 84.62% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents who have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for nursing home residents, making these types of vaccines vital to patient safety.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Life Care Center of Westminster, 15.34% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and eating.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Life Care Center of Westminster, 16.01% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term patients who were able to retain mobility.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Life Care Center of Westminster, 16.01 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Life Care Center of Westminster, 12.31 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Life Care Center of Westminster, 76.2% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term care patients that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of performance with activities of daily living typically correlates with successful rehabilitation services.
- North Suburban Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.02 miles away9191 Grant St Denver Colorado 80229Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 451-7800
- Lutheran Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.06 miles away8300 W 38th Ave Wheat Ridge Colorado 80033Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 425-4500
- Uchealth Broomfield HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.56 miles away11820 Destination Drive Broomfield Colorado 80021Proprietary(303) 460-6000
- Saint Joseph HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.58 miles away1375 E 19th Ave Denver Colorado 80218Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 812-2000
- Presbyterian St Lukes Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.71 miles away1719 E 19th Ave Denver Colorado 80218Government - State(303) 839-6000
- Denver Health Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.18 miles away777 Bannock St Denver Colorado 80204Government - State(303) 602-4930
- St Anthony North Health CampusAcute Care Hospitals 8.77 miles away14300 Orchard Pkwy Broomfield Colorado 80023Voluntary non-profit - Private(720) 627-0000
- National Jewish HealthAcute Care Hospitals 8.84 miles away1400 Jackson St Denver Colorado 80206Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 388-4461
- Kidney Center of Westminster (Ara)1.77 miles away8410 Decatur St Ste 200 Westminster Colorado 80031CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (303) 430-6518
- Arvada Dialysis Center (Dva)3.08 miles away9950 W 80th Ave Ste 25 Arvada Colorado 80005Dialysis Stations: 16 (303) 456-9556
- Thornton Dialysis (Dva)3.38 miles away8800 Fox Dr Denver Colorado 80260CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (303) 430-7020
- Kidney Center of Arvada (Ara)3.4 miles away5265 Vance St Arvada Colorado 80002CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (303) 403-1127
- Thornton Kidney Center LLC (Ara)3.9 miles away8451 Pearl Street Denver Colorado 80229Dialysis Stations: 13 (303) 227-9981
- Kidney Center of Wheat Ridge (Ara)4.82 miles away6920 W 38th Ave Wheat Ridge Colorado 80033Dialysis Stations: 16 (303) 463-3041
- Kidney Center of Northridge (Ara)5.98 miles away1865 W 121st Ave, Ste 300c Denver Colorado 80234Dialysis Stations: 21 (303) 429-9550
- Mile High Pd (Dva)6.41 miles away1750 Pierce St Ste A Denver Colorado 80214Dialysis Stations: 3 (303) 232-0939