Located in Stoneham, Massachusetts, Life Care Center of Stoneham is one of just a few available facilities in this area. Featuring an overall rating of A, this is without a doubt an elite nursing home. Based on our analysis, this place is simply as good as it gets. Keep reading to see this place's category ratings, which also impressed us. You really can't do any better than a straight A profile.
Life Care Center of Stoneham
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
To go along with its strong overall grade, we gave this nursing home an A for short-term care. Short-term care scores are based on the facility's quantity of skilled skilled healthcare professionals. This includes a wide spectrum of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, not to mention other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last item we considered in this area is the number of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We discovered that 6.2 percent of this nursing home's patients were able to return home.
Adding to this nursing home's impressive resume, we gave this nursing home a grade of A for our inspections rating. Inspection scores take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can learn more about each of these items by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Unfortunately, we weren't able to find deficiency counts for this nursing home. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Life Care Center of Stoneham?
Adding to its impressive resume, this nursing home also excelled in our nursing category. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A for that category. Nursing ratings are based in large part on quality and quantity of nursing care. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can generally be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to the last category, this facility also performed admirably in our long-term care category. We gave it an A- in that category. This finalized truly elite profile. Facilities that receive this type of score in this category typically provide consistent around the clock care to make sure patients are kept in good health. After considering the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination records. This nursing home vaccinated 99.462364 percent of its patients against pneumonia, which is far higher than the average nursing home. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Life Care Center of Stoneham Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Life Care Center of Stoneham, 6.44% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric tells you the percent of long-term stay patients who suffered from pressure ulcers or bed sores. We factor in this statistic in computing both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Life Care Center of Stoneham, 3.62% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of residents who have had a major fall. Falls leading to severe injury are often linked to poor nursing care. Additional nurse staffing can minimize the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Life Care Center of Stoneham, 2.45% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care . UTI's are routinely associated with lower quality nursing care. However, this statistic can be misleading for certain facilities due to different reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Life Care Center of Stoneham, 18.96% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients given antipsychotic drugs. These drugs may be used to treat a variety of medical conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Life Care Center of Stoneham, 18.8% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of residents who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are prescribed to patients suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Life Care Center of Stoneham, 1.95% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term residents exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Life Care Center of Stoneham, 91.63% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Life Care Center of Stoneham, 15.18% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as taking medications and continence.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Life Care Center of Stoneham, 19.01% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percentage of long-term care patients that retained mobility levels. Many in the industry believe that the ability to move around is important for patients mental and physical health.
In Life Care Center of Stoneham, 1.24 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. There is typically a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Life Care Center of Stoneham, 19.01 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term resident care. Avoiding the hospital during rehabilitation is key to restoring the health of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Life Care Center of Stoneham, 10.9 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Life Care Center of Stoneham, 71.03% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percentage of short-term stay residents who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Some experts argue this is a reliable measure of rehabilitation performance.
- Melrosewakefield HealthcareAcute Care Hospitals 1.63 miles away585 Lebanon Street Melrose Massachusetts 02176Voluntary non-profit - Private(781) 979-3000
- Winchester HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.82 miles away41 Highland Avenue Winchester Massachusetts 01890Voluntary non-profit - Private(781) 729-9000
- Cambridge Health AllianceAcute Care Hospitals 5.41 miles away1493 Cambridge Street Cambridge Massachusetts 02138Government - Local(617) 665-2300
- Mount Auburn HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.77 miles away330 Mount Auburn Street Cambridge Massachusetts 02138Voluntary non-profit - Private(617) 492-3500
- Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary -Acute Care Hospitals 6.22 miles away243 Charles Street Boston Massachusetts 02114Voluntary non-profit - Private(617) 523-7900
- Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, BurlingtonAcute Care Hospitals 6.23 miles away41 & 45 Mall Road Burlington Massachusetts 01803Voluntary non-profit - Private(781) 744-5100
- Massachusetts General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.27 miles away55 Fruit Street Boston Massachusetts 02114Voluntary non-profit - Private(617) 726-2000
- Tufts Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.2 miles away800 Washington Street Boston Massachusetts 02111Voluntary non-profit - Private(617) 636-5000
- Davita Wellington Circle Dialysis Center2.39 miles away10 Cabot Road Suite 103b Medford Massachusetts 02155CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (781) 306-9740
- Medford Dialysis Center (Bma Medford)3.45 miles away305 Mystic Avenue Medford Massachusetts 02155CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 23 (781) 396-9282
- Fmc Services of Stoneham3.6 miles away2 Main Street Suite 100 Stoneham Massachusetts 02180CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (781) 279-2454
- Davita Woburn Dialysis3.61 miles away23 Warren Avenue Woburn Massachusetts 01801Dialysis Stations: 17 (781) 935-7700
- Dci Ball Square3.74 miles away643 Broadway Somerville Massachusetts 02145CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (617) 616-3600
- North Suburban Dialysis Center (Bma Essex County)4.09 miles awayAugustine Plaza 124 Broadway, Route 1n Saugus Massachusetts 01906CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (781) 233-2877
- Davita Northeast Cambridge Dialysis5.38 miles away799 Concord Avenue Cambridge Massachusetts 02138CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (617) 547-7700
- Massachusetts General Hospital6.11 miles awayDialysis Unit 55 Fruit St, Bigelow 10 Boston Massachusetts 02114Dialysis Stations: 11 (617) 726-3700