Life Care Center of Stonegate is located in Parker, Colorado. The city has a total of 84,861 people. With an overall score of B+, this nursing home should work for most people. We were so impressed with this nursing home that we ranked it in the top third of all facilities in the nation. The best part of this nursing home's impressive report card is its short-term care score. short-term care grades are discussed in the next paragraph
Life Care Center of Stonegate
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Best Nursing Home in Parker, Colorado Awards 2019
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to earning a great overall score, this nursing home received an A+ in the area of short-term care. Our short-term care grade is often used to measure a nursing home's performance with rehabilitation. To offer highly scored rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally must feature higher levels of skilled nursing services. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists and other types of therapists. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last statistic we considered in this area is the number of patients that eventually returned home from the facility. We found that 6.8 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
One of the other reasons we rated this nursing home so highly is that it received a very impressive nursing score. In fact, nursing turned out to be its second best category grade. In that category, we awarded this nursing home an A. Our nursing rating weighs a number of datapoints. The most heavily weighted one is the amount of time nurses spent with residents. This particular nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can typically be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Life Care Center of Stonegate?
Adding another impressive category grade, we gave this nursing home an impressive grade of A for our inspections category. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in calculating these inspection scores. One of those factors is deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of the deficiencies is usually more meaningful than the quantity of deficiencies, as some deficiencies end up being relatively insignificant. This place was hit with 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none of the deficiencies were considered severe. This indicates that CMS did not deem any of the deficiencies to pose an imminent threat to resident safety or health. A few minor dings aren't the end of the world.
Long-term Care Quality
Switching gears to the next category, this nursing home did not fare well. Due to a bottom of the barrel grade of F in that category, this is notably its poorest grade. Nursing homes that do not fare well in long-term care typically aren't as well-staffed and are lagging in a few of the areas of routine healthcare services we looked at. After looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we turned to the facility's vaccination data. We were a bit worried that this facility vaccinated 86.02151 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which is quite a bit below average. Surprisingly, this place was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this facility had fewer hospitalizations than most nursing homes. This is its best score in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Life Care Center of Stonegate Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Life Care Center of Stonegate, 5.86% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic gauges the percent of long-term residents who developed new or worsened pressure ulcers. We've found that pressure ulcers are a solid measure of the quality of nursing care a nursing home provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Life Care Center of Stonegate, 3.47% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is an indication of the percentage of long-term residents which had falls which caused major injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries could be an indication of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Life Care Center of Stonegate, 2.14% of Patients had UTIs
This is an indication of the percent of long-term stay residents that had urinary tract infections. UTI's could be an indicator of a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. However, this metric can be misleading for some facilities due to varying reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Life Care Center of Stonegate, 17.6% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents taking antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs serve an important medical purpose, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used appropriately. In some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Life Care Center of Stonegate, 12.24% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are administered to patients suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Life Care Center of Stonegate, 3.81% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents exhibiting depressive symptoms. Increased rates of depression could indicate lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Life Care Center of Stonegate, 84.99% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term residents who were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for nursing home patients, making these types of vaccines critical to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Life Care Center of Stonegate, 15.45% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and bathing. Many would argue this is a reliable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Life Care Center of Stonegate, 19.26% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percent of long-term residents who retained mobility levels. Many argue that mobility is important for residents' well-being.
In Life Care Center of Stonegate, 1.08 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Life Care Center of Stonegate, 19.26 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Life Care Center of Stonegate, 12.03 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Life Care Center of Stonegate, 75.71% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term care patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
- Parker Adventist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.87 miles away9395 Crown Crest Blvd Parker Colorado 80138Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 269-4000
- Sky Ridge Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.55 miles away10101 Ridgegate Parkway Lone Tree Colorado 80124Voluntary non-profit - Other(720) 225-1000
- Centura Health-Littleton Adventist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.79 miles away7700 S Broadway Littleton Colorado 80122Voluntary non-profit - Church(303) 730-8900
- Medical Center of Aurora, TheAcute Care Hospitals 9.8 miles away1501 S Potomac St Aurora Colorado 80012Proprietary(303) 873-5511
- Castle Rock Adventist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.79 miles away2350 Meadows Blvd Castle Rock Colorado 80109Voluntary non-profit - Private(720) 455-2500
- Swedish Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.73 miles away501 E Hampden Ave Englewood Colorado 80113Proprietary(303) 788-5000
- Centura Health-Porter Adventist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.19 miles away2525 S Downing St Denver Colorado 80210Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 778-1955
- Children's Hospital ColoradoChildrens 13.41 miles away13123 E 16th Ave Aurora Colorado 80045Voluntary non-profit - Private(720) 777-1234
- Parker Dialysis (Dva)2.57 miles away10371 S Park Glenn Way Ste 180 Parker Colorado 80138Dialysis Stations: 12 (303) 840-0541
- Parker Kidney Center (Ara)2.67 miles away18320 E Cottonwood Dr Ste C Parker Colorado 80138Dialysis Stations: 17 (303) 805-2060
- Lonetree Dialysis (Dva)3.55 miles away9777 Pyramid Ct Ste 140 Englewood Colorado 80112Dialysis Stations: 12 (303) 662-0466
- South Denver Dialysis (Fmc)8.03 miles away3410 S Galena St Suite 100 Denver Colorado 80231Dialysis Stations: 13 (303) 671-2419
- Littleton Dialysis (Dva)9.75 miles away209 W County Line Rd Littleton Colorado 80129Dialysis Stations: 17 (303) 730-7540
- Aurora Dialysis (Dva)9.93 miles away1411 S Potomac St Ste 100 Aurora Colorado 80012CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (303) 368-1911
- Red Hawk Dialysis (Dva)10.09 miles away4348 Woodland Blvd Ste 131 Castle Rock Colorado 80104Dialysis Stations: 8 (303) 663-2875
- East Aurora Dialysis (Dva)10.99 miles away482 S Chambers Rd Aurora Colorado 80017CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (303) 696-1137