Life Care Center of Stonegate is located in Parker, Colorado. The city has a total of 84,861 people. With an overall score of A, this nursing home is among the most impressive facilities we found. We were so impressed with this nursing home that we ranked it in the top 20 percent of all facilities in the United States. If you look below, you can see this facility's category scores, which are also impressive.
Life Care Center of Stonegate
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
15720 Garden Plaza Drive,
Parker CO 80134
41.66% estimated occupancy 1
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Best Nursing Home in Parker, Colorado Awards 2019
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
On top of earning a great overall grade, this nursing home received an A+ in the category of short-term care. Short-term care grades are generally used to gauge a facility's performance with rehabilitation. In order to have high-end rehabilitation services, facilities generally must have higher levels of skilled nursing. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists and other licensed professionals. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. However, based on the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final measure we looked at in this area is the number of patients who ultimately returned home from the facility. We found that 6.8 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
This nursing home has received near flawless health inspections in recent years. We awarded them an impressive grade of A in this category. Our inspection scores are tied to pieces of information located in the a nursing home's recent inspections. Facilities that receive favorable grades in this area have few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these facilities should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. This nursing home was hit with 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe. This tells you that the inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies to create an imminent risk to patient safety or health. A couple relatively minor deficiencies are not something to panic about.
Does this page answer your questions about Life Care Center of Stonegate?
This facility also excelled in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of A. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. When computing a nursing home's nursing score, we weigh the number of hours nurses spend with residents and the level of skill of those nurses. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can often be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
The last category we assessed was long-term care, in which this facility received a B. Believe it or not, this ended up being this nursing home's weakest area. A nursing home could be doing a lot worse when it's weakest score still outperforms most other facilities. For prospective residents in need of a permanent residence as opposed to skilled nursing, long-term care grades are very important. In addition to looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility provided the vaccine to 81.81818 percent of its patients, which is a bit lower than we expected. Although its vaccination rate was a bit lower than we like to see, at least this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Life Care Center of Stonegate Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Life Care Center of Stonegate, 5.67% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric tells you the percentage of long-term care residents who developed pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are an indicator of the quality of nursing care a nursing home provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Life Care Center of Stonegate, 3.72% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents who experienced falls which caused serious injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries could be a sign of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Life Care Center of Stonegate, 2.04% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents who have had a urinary tract infection. These infections are associated with poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Life Care Center of Stonegate, 17.61% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents who were given antipsychotic medications. These medications are sometimes used to treat a variety of conditions, such as cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Life Care Center of Stonegate, 12.49% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients who were given antianxiety medications. These drugs are used to treat residents suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Life Care Center of Stonegate, 3.91% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term care patients showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Life Care Center of Stonegate, 84.62% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients who were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for seniors, making these types of vaccines important for resident well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Life Care Center of Stonegate, 15.34% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living could be a sign of deterioration of a resident's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Life Care Center of Stonegate, 16.01% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percent of long-term care residents that remained mobile levels.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Life Care Center of Stonegate, 16.01 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between staying out of the hospital and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Life Care Center of Stonegate, 12.31 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Life Care Center of Stonegate, 76.2% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percentage of short-term stay residents that saw functional improvements.
- Parker Adventist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.87 miles away9395 Crown Crest Blvd Parker Colorado 80138Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 269-4000
- Sky Ridge Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.55 miles away10101 Ridgegate Parkway Lone Tree Colorado 80124Voluntary non-profit - Other(720) 225-1000
- Centura Health-Littleton Adventist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.79 miles away7700 S Broadway Littleton Colorado 80122Voluntary non-profit - Church(303) 730-8900
- Medical Center of Aurora, TheAcute Care Hospitals 9.8 miles away1501 S Potomac St Aurora Colorado 80012Proprietary(303) 873-5511
- Castle Rock Adventist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.79 miles away2350 Meadows Blvd Castle Rock Colorado 80109Voluntary non-profit - Private(720) 455-2500
- Swedish Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.73 miles away501 E Hampden Ave Englewood Colorado 80113Proprietary(303) 788-5000
- Centura Health-Porter Adventist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.19 miles away2525 S Downing St Denver Colorado 80210Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 778-1955
- Children's Hospital ColoradoChildrens 13.41 miles away13123 E 16th Ave Aurora Colorado 80045Voluntary non-profit - Private(720) 777-1234
- Parker Dialysis (Dva)2.57 miles away10371 S Park Glenn Way Ste 180 Parker Colorado 80138Dialysis Stations: 12 (303) 840-0541
- Parker Kidney Center (Ara)2.67 miles away18320 E Cottonwood Dr Ste C Parker Colorado 80138Dialysis Stations: 17 (303) 805-2060
- Lonetree Dialysis (Dva)3.55 miles away9777 Pyramid Ct Ste 140 Englewood Colorado 80112Dialysis Stations: 12 (303) 662-0466
- South Denver Dialysis (Fmc)8.03 miles away3410 S Galena St Suite 100 Denver Colorado 80231Dialysis Stations: 13 (303) 671-2419
- Littleton Dialysis (Dva)9.75 miles away209 W County Line Rd Littleton Colorado 80129Dialysis Stations: 17 (303) 730-7540
- Aurora Dialysis (Dva)9.93 miles away1411 S Potomac St Ste 100 Aurora Colorado 80012CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (303) 368-1911
- Red Hawk Dialysis (Dva)10.09 miles away4348 Woodland Blvd Ste 131 Castle Rock Colorado 80104Dialysis Stations: 8 (303) 663-2875
- East Aurora Dialysis (Dva)10.99 miles away482 S Chambers Rd Aurora Colorado 80017CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (303) 696-1137