Life Care Center of South Hill is located in Puyallup, Washington. Sporting an overall score of A-, this nursing home is ranked among the higher-graded facilities we looked at. Based on all of the relevant data, you can not go wrong with this place. This place also received consistently good grades in all of the major categories we assessed. More information about its category grades is available below.
Life Care Center of South Hill
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Top Nursing Home in Washington Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Puyallup, Washington Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Washington Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Puyallup, Washington Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in Washington Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Puyallup, Washington Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to being a first rate facility overall, this nursing home also excelled in our short-term care rating, where it earned an impressive grade of A. Few facilities fared better in this area. In calculating these short-term care scores, we analyze the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, speech therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. The objective is to devise a barometer for sizing up the rehabilitation services of various nursing homes. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. However, based on the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final item we considered in this category is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We discovered that 6.7 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Adding to its impressive category scores, this facility also excelled in the area of inspections, where it earned an A. Our inspection grades weigh several factors included in a nursing home's inspection reports. One of the most important criteria we look at is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with higher grades in this category tend to have very few of these severe deficiencies. This place was hit with 8 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none were considered severe. This means that CMS didn't deem any of these deficiencies to create an immediate risk to resident health or safety. We should note that deficiency-free inspections are rare in this industry.
Does this page answer your questions about Life Care Center of South Hill?
Another one of this facility's impressive category grades came in the area of nursing care. We awarded them one of our better scores in that area, with a grade of B+. When computing our nursing ratings, we factor in both the number of hours nurses spend with residents and the training levels of the nurses. This nursing home provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well in the area of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
The final area we scored was long-term care, where this nursing home received a B. Even though this is its lowest category rating, this is still an impressive rating. For prospective patients looking for a permanent place to live rather than rehabilitation, long-term care is an important category. One of the data points we considered on top of nurse's aid hours was vaccines. It does not appear that this facility provided data regarding vaccinations. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Life Care Center of South Hill Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Life Care Center of South Hill, 10.98 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Life Care Center of South Hill, 74.42% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term patients who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Puyallup, WA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Puyallup, Washington has 4 other nursing homes
- Multicare Good Samaritan HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.71 miles away401 15th Avenue Se Puyallup Washington 98372Voluntary non-profit - Private(253) 697-2102
- St Francis Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.86 miles away34515 9th Avenue South Federal Way Washington 98003Voluntary non-profit - Church(253) 944-8100
- St Joseph Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.34 miles away1717 South J Street Tacoma Washington 98405Voluntary non-profit - Church(253) 627-4101
- Multicare Auburn Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.22 miles away202 North Division Street Plaza One Auburn Washington 98001Voluntary non-profit - Private(253) 833-7711
- St Clare HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.24 miles away11315 Bridgeport Way S W Lakewood Washington 98499Voluntary non-profit - Church(253) 588-1711
- Madigan Amc (Ft Lewis)Acute Care - Department of Defense 12.94 miles away9040 Jackson Avenue Tacoma Washington 98431Department of Defense(253) 968-1110
- St Elizabeth HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 14.12 miles away1450 Battersby Avenue Enumclaw Washington 98022Voluntary non-profit - Church(360) 825-2505
- Multicare Covington Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.73 miles away17700 Se 272nd St Kent Washington 98042Voluntary non-profit - Private(253) 372-7400
- Puyallup Community Dialysis Center0.87 miles away802 30th Ave Sw Puyallup Washington 98373CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (253) 845-3147
- Renal Care Group Northwest, Inc.0.91 miles away702 South Hill Park Dr Puyallup Washington 98373CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (253) 445-7520
- Chi Franciscan5.42 miles away19520 State Hwy 410 E., Suite 19663 Bonney Lake Washington 98391Dialysis Stations: 4 (253) 447-3940
- Renal Care Group Northwest, Inc.6.03 miles away1415 E 72nd St Tacoma Washington 98404CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 14 (253) 474-2310
- Nkc Fife Kidney Center6.25 miles away6021 12th Street E, Suite 110 Tacoma Washington 98424Dialysis Stations: 10 (253) 943-6335
- Parkland Dialysis Center7.96 miles away311 140th St S Tacoma Washington 98444CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (253) 536-5961
- Graham Dialysis Center8.01 miles away10219 196th St Ct E Ste C Graham Washington 98338Dialysis Stations: 11 (253) 875-5382
- Renal Care Group Northwest, Inc.8.6 miles away5825 Tacoma Mall Blvd Ste 103 Tacoma Washington 98409CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (253) 671-9937