Life Care Center of Scottsdale is a large nursing home located in Scottsdale, Arizona. It looks like this is a great facility. We awarded this it an overall grade of B+, which is very good rating. Based on our ratings, this place ought to meet the needs of most people. Fortunately, this nursing home did not have any poor grades in any of the four major categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Life Care Center of Scottsdale
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
9494 East Becker Lane,
Scottsdale AZ 85260
35.83% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to receiving a strong overall grade, this facility fared well in short-term care. In fact, we awarded it an A for that category, which is one of our highest grades. Our short-term care scores are presumably more meaningful for individuals needing rehabilitation services. Rehabilitation usually utilizes additional highly-skilled nursing services. This means not only nursing, but also physical and respiratory therapy, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. However, according to the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we assessed the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 6.7 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
In addition, this facility also excelled in inspections, where it received a grade of A. Our inspection ratings weigh a host of factors found on a nursing home's inspection report. One of the most important criteria we consider is the number and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with better grades in this area generally have few severe deficiencies. This facility received 3 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none of the deficiencies were considered severe. This tells you that CMS didn't consider any of these deficiencies to cause an immediate threat to resident health or safety. We should point out that deficiency-free inspection reports are uncommon in this industry.
Does this page answer your questions about Life Care Center of Scottsdale?
This nursing home also received a strong nursing score. In fact, we awarded it an above average grade of B in this area. Our nursing grade is largely tied to the facility's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can frequently be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
The next area we graded was long-term care. We awarded this nursing home a solid grade in this category, with a C. While this was not as dominant as some of this facility's other grades, it is still not a bad grade. Our long-term care scores are based in part on a facility's quantity of nursing services. This includes a vast range of personal care services, ranging from assistance with activities of daily living to routine healthcare services. One of the factors we considered after nurse's aid hours was vaccinations. It does not appear that this nursing home provided information on its vaccination levels. Finally, this place excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Life Care Center of Scottsdale Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Life Care Center of Scottsdale, 11.03 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Life Care Center of Scottsdale, 73.85% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term stay residents that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Scottsdale, AZ
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Scottsdale, Arizona has 10 other nursing homes
- Scottsdale Shea Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.59 miles away9003 East Shea Boulevard Scottsdale Arizona 85260Proprietary(480) 323-3000
- Scottsdale Thompson Peak Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.51 miles away7400 East Thompson Peak Parkway Scottsdale Arizona 85255Proprietary(480) 324-7001
- Scottsdale Osborn Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.14 miles away7400 East Osborn Road Scottsdale Arizona 85251Proprietary(480) 882-4004
- Mayo Clinic HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.19 miles away5777 East Mayo Boulevard Phoenix Arizona 85054Voluntary non-profit - Private(480) 342-4201
- Abrazo Scottsdale CampusAcute Care Hospitals 8.09 miles away3929 East Bell Road Phoenix Arizona 85032Proprietary(602) 923-5000
- Valley HospitalPsychiatric 10.17 miles away3550 East Pinchot Avenue Phoenix Arizona 85018Voluntary non-profit - Other(602) 957-4000
- John C. Lincoln North Mountain HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.28 miles away250 East Dunlap Avenue Phoenix Arizona 85020Voluntary non-profit - Private(602) 331-5862
- Valleywise Health Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.17 miles away2601 East Roosevelt Street Phoenix Arizona 85008Government - Local(602) 344-5011
- Desert Mountain Dialysis (Dva)0.58 miles away9220 E Mountain View Rd Ste 105 Scottsdale Arizona 85258Dialysis Stations: 24 (480) 391-2241
- Scottsdale Dialysis (Dva)4.23 miles away5705 N Scottsdale Rd, Ste 120 Scottsdale Arizona 85250Dialysis Stations: 12 (480) 941-3860
- Fmc Old Town Scottsdale6.71 miles away4141 N Scottsdale Rd Ste 100 Scottsdale Arizona 85251Dialysis Stations: 25 (480) 946-1455
- Salt River Dialysis Center (Fmc)7.08 miles away10301 E Osborn Rd Bldg 14 Scottsdale Arizona 85256Dialysis Stations: 16 (480) 362-1044
- Northeast Phoenix Dialysis (Dsi)8.35 miles away3305 E Greenway Rd Ste 1 Phoenix Arizona 85032Dialysis Stations: 16 (602) 765-3919
- Scottsdale Dialysis (Fmc)8.43 miles away1495 N Hayden Ste d1-d4 Scottsdale Arizona 85257Dialysis Stations: 12 (480) 949-7844
- North Scottsdale Dialysis (Fmc)8.58 miles away16101 N 82nd St Ste 6-7 Scottsdale Arizona 85260CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (480) 998-1842
- Southwest Kidney/Davita-Phoenix Home Dialysis (Dva)8.97 miles away5115 E Thomas Rd Ste 100 Phoenix Arizona 85018Dialysis Stations: 1 (602) 840-0012