Life Care Center of Raynham is a large nursing home located in Raynham, Massachusetts. It looks like this nursing home is ranked among the highest-rated facilities we assessed. This nursing home was given one of the highest scores that we offer. We were impressed enough to rate this nursing home as one of the top 50 nursing homes in Massachusetts. One of the best aspects of this facility's exemplary report card is its short-term care rating. short-term care grades are discussed in the next paragraph.
Life Care Center of Raynham
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
546 South Street East,
Raynham MA 02767
78.05% estimated occupancy 1
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Lymphedema Care
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to being a first rate nursing home overall, this nursing home also excelled in the category of short-term care, where it earned an A. Few facilities performed better in this area. In calculating our short-term care ratings, we look at the facility's levels of skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists occupational therapists and other highly trained professionals. This rating is often a fair assessment of a facility's ability to rehabilitate patients. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. However, based on the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we assessed the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 6.4 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Long-term Care Quality
We also wanted to note the fact that this nursing home was awarded a superb grade of A in our long-term care category. When nursing homes receive this kind of grade in this category it is usually a good sign for patient care and indicates that the facility is well-staffed with nurses aids. After assessing the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then analyzed the facility's vaccination records. This nursing home vaccinated 96.6581 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which is higher than the average nursing home. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Life Care Center of Raynham?
To complement its strong performance in other areas, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A- for our inspections rating. Our nursing rating features several factors. The most important variable is the quantity of hours nurses spend with patients. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well in terms of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Turning to our inspection category, this nursing home excelled in that area, which is based on the facility's recent government inspections. In fact, we gave it a score of A- for that category. This finished off its straight A report card. Arguably the most critical factor we consider in computing our inspection ratings is deficiencies. Deficiencies can be found on a facility's recent inspection reports. Places with higher scores in this category most likely avoided the more severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. This facility received 4 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe deficiencies. This tells you that the government inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies to cause an immediate threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Life Care Center of Raynham Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Life Care Center of Raynham, 6.61% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint is an indication of the percent of long-term residents which suffered from new or worsened pressure ulcers . We factor in this statistic in computing our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Life Care Center of Raynham, 3.77% of Patients had Serious Falls
This gauges the percent of long-term care residents that have had a fall which caused severe injury. This is one of the statistics we use in determining nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Life Care Center of Raynham, 2.05% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of residents that sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are often the result of worse hygiene protocols. Better nursing care limits the number of UTI's sustained by residents in a nursing home. Keep in mind that this metric is affected by by the fact that facilities have varying reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Life Care Center of Raynham, 19.24% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic medications are administered to patients for a variety of conditions, including cognitive disorders. Tragically, in some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Life Care Center of Raynham, 18.54% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric gauges the percent of long-term patients that are administered antianxiety medication. These drugs are typically prescribed to patients suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Life Care Center of Raynham, 2.48% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who are demonstrating depressive symptoms. Higher rates of depression could be a sign worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Life Care Center of Raynham, 91.39% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients that were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Life Care Center of Raynham, 16.21% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay residents that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and using the bathroom. Some experts argue that this is a measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Life Care Center of Raynham, 15.75% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of residents who maintained mobility over time. Optimizing mobility is often a great sign for residents' health.
In Life Care Center of Raynham, 1.68 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital is key to maintaining the physical well-being of nursing home patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Life Care Center of Raynham, 15.75 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care. Minimizing rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is key to restoring the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Life Care Center of Raynham, 11.2 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Life Care Center of Raynham, 71.52% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percent of short-term care residents that saw functional improvements.
- Morton HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.95 miles away88 Washington Street Taunton Massachusetts 02780Proprietary(508) 828-7000
- Sturdy Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.41 miles away211 Park Street Attleboro Massachusetts 02703Voluntary non-profit - Other(508) 222-5200
- Signature Healthcare Brockton HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.32 miles away680 Center Street Brockton Massachusetts 02302Voluntary non-profit - Other(508) 941-7000
- Good Samaritan Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.88 miles away235 North Pearl Street Brockton Massachusetts 02301Proprietary(508) 427-3000
- Southcoast Hospital Group, IncAcute Care Hospitals 14.48 miles away363 Highland Avenue Fall River Massachusetts 02720Voluntary non-profit - Private(508) 679-3131
- Saint Anne's HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.95 miles away795 Middle Street Fall River Massachusetts 02721Proprietary(508) 674-5600
- Emma Pendleton Bradley HospitalPsychiatric 18.46 miles away1011 Veterans Memorial Parkway Riverside Rhode Island 02915Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 432-1000
- The Miriam HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.69 miles away164 Summit Avenue Providence Rhode Island 02906Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 793-2500
- Taunton Regional Dialysis Center4.58 miles awayMill River Place 1 Washington St, Suite 9 Taunton Massachusetts 02780CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (508) 828-5986
- Attleboro Dialysis Center12.67 miles away111 Pleasant St Attleboro Massachusetts 02703Dialysis Stations: 13 (508) 226-0218
- Dialysis Center of Attleboro LLC12.79 miles away217 South Main Street Store 7 Attleboro Massachusetts 02703Dialysis Stations: 18 (508) 236-6041
- Fall River Kidney Center LLC13.26 miles away48 Weaver Street Fall River Massachusetts 02720CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 41 (508) 677-4911
- Brockton Dialysis Center, LLC13.81 miles away375 Westgate Drive Brockton Massachusetts 02301Dialysis Stations: 19 (508) 586-2791
- Brockton Regional Kidney Center14.05 miles away76 Campanelli Industrial Drive Brockton Massachusetts 02301CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (508) 427-5329
- Hawthorn Kidney Center16.04 miles away537 Faunce Corner Road North Dartmouth Massachusetts 02747CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (508) 994-9692
- Pure Life Renal of Stoughton, LLC16.08 miles awayMed. Office Bldg Suite m107 907 Sumner Street Stoughton Massachusetts 02072CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (781) 341-8550