With an address in Raynham, Massachusetts, Life Care Center of Raynham is the sole option we identified there. With an overall score of A-, this facility is among the higher-rated facilities we looked at. In fact, we ranked this nursing home in the top 25 percent of all nursing homes in the nation. The best aspect of this nursing home's strong profile is its short-term care score. We discuss short-term care in the next section
Life Care Center of Raynham
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Lymphedema Care
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
One of the many reasons this turned out to be a great facility is that it received a strong short-term care grade. In that area, we gave this facility an A. With our short-term care assessment, we try to create a fair measure for rehabilitation services. In doing so, we assess a facility's scope of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as respiratory therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we looked at the percentage of patients who returned home from this facility. We found that 6.4 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Adding to this facility's impressive resume, we awarded this nursing home an A for our inspections rating. Our inspection scores account for several factors included in a nursing home's inspection reports. One key criteria we weigh heavily is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Places with better grades in this category tend to have very few of these severe deficiencies. While this facility had a few minor dings on its government inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you the inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Life Care Center of Raynham?
Another one of this facility's impressive category grades came in the area of nursing care. We awarded them one of our better scores in that area, with a grade of B+. The nursing score is based on a handful of datapoints, most of which are tied to nursing hours. This nursing home averages 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well when it comes to avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
The fourth category we graded is long-term care, where this facility was awarded a B+. This rounded out a very impressive report card. Only a select few facilities earned a B+ or higher in all four categories. Facilities that do well in long-term care tend to provide patients with closer supervision and stay on top of routine healthcare services. On top of considering the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility gave the vaccine to 96.60057 percent of its residents, which is an impressive figure. Pneumonia sadly is often a life threatening condition for nursing home patients so we like it when a nursing home doesn't leave its residents vulnerable. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Life Care Center of Raynham Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Life Care Center of Raynham, 6.44% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of residents who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are routinely the result of residents not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Life Care Center of Raynham, 3.68% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of residents who have had a fall resulting in severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Life Care Center of Raynham, 2.42% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered to be a measure of nursing care . UTI's are often caused by worse hygiene protocols. However, this metric could also be skewed for certain facilities due to varying reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Life Care Center of Raynham, 19.05% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of patients who were given antipsychotic medications. These medications are used to treat a variety of medical conditions, including cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Life Care Center of Raynham, 18.65% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of residents who were given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are prescribed to residents suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Life Care Center of Raynham, 1.93% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who are exhibiting symptoms of depression. Many would argue this is a measure of resident quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Life Care Center of Raynham, 91.44% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients that were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Life Care Center of Raynham, 15.15% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay residents that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and using the bathroom. Some experts argue that this is a measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Life Care Center of Raynham, 17.66% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of residents who maintained mobility over time. Optimizing mobility is often a great sign for residents' health.
In Life Care Center of Raynham, 1.44 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital is key to maintaining the physical well-being of nursing home patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Life Care Center of Raynham, 17.66 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care. Minimizing rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is key to restoring the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Life Care Center of Raynham, 10.93 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Life Care Center of Raynham, 71.35% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percent of short-term care residents that saw functional improvements.
- Morton HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.95 miles away88 Washington Street Taunton Massachusetts 02780Proprietary(508) 828-7000
- Sturdy Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.41 miles away211 Park Street Attleboro Massachusetts 02703Voluntary non-profit - Other(508) 222-5200
- Signature Healthcare Brockton HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.32 miles away680 Center Street Brockton Massachusetts 02302Voluntary non-profit - Other(508) 941-7000
- Good Samaritan Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.88 miles away235 North Pearl Street Brockton Massachusetts 02301Proprietary(508) 427-3000
- Southcoast Hospital Group, IncAcute Care Hospitals 14.48 miles away363 Highland Avenue Fall River Massachusetts 02720Voluntary non-profit - Private(508) 679-3131
- Saint Anne's HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.95 miles away795 Middle Street Fall River Massachusetts 02721Proprietary(508) 674-5600
- Emma Pendleton Bradley HospitalPsychiatric 18.46 miles away1011 Veterans Memorial Parkway Riverside Rhode Island 02915Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 432-1000
- The Miriam HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.69 miles away164 Summit Avenue Providence Rhode Island 02906Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 793-2500
- Taunton Regional Dialysis Center4.58 miles awayMill River Place 1 Washington St, Suite 9 Taunton Massachusetts 02780CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (508) 828-5986
- Attleboro Dialysis Center12.67 miles away111 Pleasant St Attleboro Massachusetts 02703Dialysis Stations: 13 (508) 226-0218
- Dialysis Center of Attleboro LLC12.79 miles away217 South Main Street Store 7 Attleboro Massachusetts 02703Dialysis Stations: 18 (508) 236-6041
- Fall River Kidney Center LLC13.26 miles away48 Weaver Street Fall River Massachusetts 02720CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 41 (508) 677-4911
- Brockton Dialysis Center, LLC13.81 miles away375 Westgate Drive Brockton Massachusetts 02301Dialysis Stations: 19 (508) 586-2791
- Brockton Regional Kidney Center14.05 miles away76 Campanelli Industrial Drive Brockton Massachusetts 02301CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (508) 427-5329
- Hawthorn Kidney Center16.04 miles away537 Faunce Corner Road North Dartmouth Massachusetts 02747CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (508) 994-9692
- Pure Life Renal of Stoughton, LLC16.08 miles awayMed. Office Bldg Suite m107 907 Sumner Street Stoughton Massachusetts 02072CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (781) 341-8550