Life Care Center of Plano is a nursing home located in Plano, Texas which has 278,067 people. This nursing home was given an overall grade of B, which is a quality score. In our view, this facility is a solid choice for quite a few people. The best part of this facility's strong report card is its inspection rating. We discuss inspections in the next section
Life Care Center of Plano
Updated May 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
3800 W Park Blvd,
Plano TX 75075
43.91% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to receiving a great overall score, this nursing home also received top notch inspections in recent years. We gave them one of our best grades in this category, with a grade of A+. Inspection scores are tied to several items located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities that score well in this category have very few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even some of the best nursing homes receive an occasional ding on their inspection report.
Short-term Care Quality
Another one of this facility's impressive category grades came in the category of short-term care. We gave them one of our better scores in that area, with a score of B. With our short-term care category, we seek to create a sound measure for rehabilitation. In this process, we assess a facility's offerings of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as respiratory therapy. One reason for this nursing home's impressive grade in short-term care is that it provides a significantly larger volume of hours of physical therapy than the average facility. Lastly, we looked at the number of patients that were able to return home from this facility. We found that it performed better than most facilities in the nation in this area with 52.9 percent of its patients able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Life Care Center of Plano?
Long-term Care Quality
The third category we graded was long-term care. This facility received an above average long-term care grade, with a B in the area. Nursing homes that do well in this category typically are well-staffed and offer extensive hands on care to patients. After assessing the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination record. This facility vaccinated 99.16667 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is significantly higher than the majority of nursing homes. The last datapoint we looked at was its hospitalization rate. We found that this place had 4.11 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. Although this wasn't as favorable as some of its other scores in this category, this statistic can be skewed for some nursing homes due to the preexisting medical conditions of residents.
The last area we assessed was nursing. In this category, we gave this nursing home a grade of C. When determining a nursing home's nursing rating, we consider the number of hours nurses spend with residents and the level of licensure of those nurses. According to its CMS reports, this place provided an average of 4 hours of nursing care per patient per day, which was above the national average. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in some quality-focused statistics. Specifically, we look at the percent of residents who sustained pressure ulcers and major falls. We view these statistics as predictive indicators of the quality of nursing care, since better care tends to reduce these problems.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Life Care Center of Plano Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Life Care Center of Plano, 7.96% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint indicates the percent of long-term care patients that have pressure ulcers . We bake this statistic into our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Life Care Center of Plano, 3.3% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint gauges the percent of long-term patients who sustained a fall resulting in major injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls could be a sign of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Life Care Center of Plano, 1.63% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic indicates the percent of long-term care patients who have had a UTI. Although a higher rate infections could reflect poorly on a nursing home's cleanliness, it can be difficult to compare between nursing homes due to facilities having differing reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Life Care Center of Plano, 11.7% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of residents who were given antipsychotic drugs. These medications may be used to treat several conditions, including cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Life Care Center of Plano, 22.57% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of residents given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are given to residents experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Life Care Center of Plano, 4.7% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents exhibiting depressive symptoms. Increased rates of depression may imply a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Life Care Center of Plano, 95.06% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Life Care Center of Plano, 17.37% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Life Care Center of Plano, 17.98% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care residents that were able to retain mobility. Many argue that mobility is critical to residents' well-being.
In Life Care Center of Plano, 1.58 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Life Care Center of Plano, 17.98 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Life Care Center of Plano, 11.91 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between staying out of the emergency room and the overall quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Life Care Center of Plano, 66.67% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term stay residents who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Plano, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Plano, Texas has 8 other nursing homes
- Medical City PlanoAcute Care Hospitals 0.5 miles away3901 W 15th St Plano Texas 75075Proprietary(972) 596-6800
- The Heart Hospital Baylor PlanoAcute Care Hospitals 1.6 miles away1100 Allied Drive Plano Texas 75093Proprietary(469) 814-3278
- Baylor Regional Medical Center at PlanoAcute Care Hospitals 1.68 miles away4700 Alliance Boulevard Plano Texas 75093Voluntary non-profit - Other(469) 814-2000
- Texas Health Center for Diagnostics & Surgery PlanAcute Care Hospitals 4.04 miles away6020 W Parker Road Plano Texas 75093Proprietary(972) 403-2700
- Childrens Medical Center PlanoChildrens 4.1 miles away7601 Preston Road Plano Texas 75024Voluntary non-profit - Private(214) 456-1792
- Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital PlanoAcute Care Hospitals 4.31 miles away6200 W Parker Rd Plano Texas 75093Voluntary non-profit - Private(972) 981-8000
- Methodist Hospital for SurgeryAcute Care Hospitals 4.64 miles away17101 Dallas Parkway Addison Texas 75001Proprietary(469) 248-3900
- Methodist Richardson Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.02 miles away2831 E President George Bush Highway Richardson Texas 75082Government - Hospital District or Authority(469) 204-1000
- Fmc of West Plano1.34 miles away4405 Tradition Trail Plano Texas 75093CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (972) 943-7656
- Plano on Custer Dialysis1.88 miles away1301 Custer Road, Suite 524 Plano Texas 75075Dialysis Stations: 17 (972) 578-7047
- Renal Center of Plano, LLC2.11 miles away4112 W Spring Creek Parkway Suite D-200 Plano Texas 75024Dialysis Stations: 17 (972) 608-7831
- Davita West Plano Dialysis3.12 miles away5036 Tennyson Parkway Plano Texas 75024Dialysis Stations: 12 (972) 608-1089
- Us Renal Care East Plano Dialysis3.95 miles away2721 Dobie Dr Plano Texas 75074Dialysis Stations: 13 (469) 277-6041
- Collin County Dialysis Center4.19 miles away3420 Ave K Suite 150 Plano Texas 75074CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (972) 423-1447
- Athios Dialysis, LLC4.31 miles away6101 Windhaven Pkwy Plano Texas 75093Dialysis Stations: 17 (972) 473-7891
- Liberty Dialysis - Richardson4.71 miles away1621 North Central Expressway Suite 200 Richardson Texas 75080CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (972) 907-1480