Life Care Center of Orlando is one of eight nursing homes located in Orlando, Florida. This nursing home is a grade A facility, which is a very elite score. As a matter of fact, this proved to be better than most of the nursing homes in Orlando, which has a decent selection of nursing homes. Keep reading to see this nursing home's category ratings, which are equally impressive. You just can't do much better than a straight A report card.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Life Care Center of Orlando
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
3211 Rouse Road,
Orlando FL 32817
Get pricing and details on Orlando senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
One of the reasons this turned out to be a great nursing home is it received an impressive inspection grade. In fact, inspections ended up being its best category. In this area, we awarded this facility a grade of A. These inspection scores weigh several factors, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can learn more about each of these factors by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Amazingly, this was one of the few nursing homes in the country that had no deficiencies whatsoever on its inspection report. This is very impressive. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
Compounding its impressive assessments in other areas, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A for its long-term care grade. Nursing homes that receive this kind of score in this category typically provide consistent around the clock care to make sure patients are kept in good health. After considering the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination records. This nursing home vaccinated 99.72603 percent of its patients for pneumonia. Vaccines are critical to keeping residents healthy. Lastly, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0.04 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Life Care Center of Orlando?
Adding to its strong resume, this facility also received an excellent nursing score, with a grade of A. Our nursing grade is largely based on a nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can frequently be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Short-term Care Quality
Moving on to our last category, this facility was given a very strong short-term care grade. We awarded it a grade of A- in that area, giving this facility straight A's. Our short-term care ratings are vital for prospective residents needing rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually mandates higher levels of highly-skilled nursing. Skilled nursing means a wide scope of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. It doesn't look like this nursing home provided data regarding its registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. Finally, we considered the percentage of residents that ultimately returned home from this facility. We found that 5.8 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Life Care Center of Orlando Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Life Care Center of Orlando, 9.19% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of patients that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many experts to be an indicator of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are often the result of residents staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Life Care Center of Orlando, 2.87% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of long-term residents which had falls leading to severe injury. This is one of the statistics we use in computing our nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Life Care Center of Orlando, 1.78% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections are associated with insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Life Care Center of Orlando, 10.42% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of residents prescribed antipsychotic medications. These drugs are used for treating several conditions, including cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Life Care Center of Orlando, 21.31% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic measures the percent of long-term stay patients taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Life Care Center of Orlando, 2.53% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who are showing symptoms of depression. Many believe this is a reasonable measure of resident quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Life Care Center of Orlando, 95.81% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Life Care Center of Orlando, 12.69% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living could indicate decline of a resident's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Life Care Center of Orlando, 14.03% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percentage of long-term care residents that were able to retain mobility.
In Life Care Center of Orlando, 2.07 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. There is generally a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and the overall quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Life Care Center of Orlando, 14.03 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Life Care Center of Orlando, 9.64 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is a correlation between reduced emergency room visits and the quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Life Care Center of Orlando, 77.72% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term stay residents who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of autonomy with activities of daily living usually correlates with superior rehabilitation services.
Scores for Orlando, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Orlando, Florida has 7 other nursing homes
- Oviedo Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.23 miles away8300 Red Bug Lake Rd Oviedo Florida 32765Proprietary(407) 890-2100
- Adventhealth OrlandoAcute Care Hospitals 9.08 miles away601 E Rollins St Orlando Florida 32803Voluntary non-profit - Private(407) 303-1976
- Orlando Health Orlando Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.63 miles away52 W Underwood St Orlando Florida 32806Voluntary non-profit - Private(321) 843-8000
- Nemours Children's HospitalChildrens 15.54 miles away13535 Nemours Pkwy Orlando Florida 32827Voluntary non-profit - Private(407) 567-4000
- Central Florida Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.54 miles away1401 W Seminole Blvd Sanford Florida 32771Proprietary(407) 321-4500
- Health CentralAcute Care Hospitals 18.73 miles away10000 W Colonial Dr Ocoee Florida 34761Government - State(407) 296-1820
- Alafaya Dialysis1.38 miles away12001 Science Drive Suite 110 Orlando Florida 32826Dialysis Stations: 20 (407) 282-8202
- Fmc - East Orlando1.73 miles away2200 North Alafaya Trail Suite 600 Orlando Florida 32826Dialysis Stations: 17 (407) 282-1506
- Orlando East Dialysis3.39 miles away11616 Lake Underhill Road Bldg 2 Ste 206 Orlando Florida 32825CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (407) 384-1175
- Winter Park Dialysis3.79 miles away3727 N Goldenrod Rd Winter Park Florida 32792Dialysis Stations: 12 (407) 657-5262
- Oviedo Dialysis4.1 miles away7560 Red Bug Lake Rd #1048 Oviedo Florida 32765Dialysis Stations: 20 (407) 366-0211
- Winter Park Home Pd Dialysis4.78 miles away4100 Metric Drive #200 Winter Park Florida 32792Dialysis Stations: 2 (407) 681-8730
- Winter Park Hemo Dialysis4.78 miles away4100 Metric Drive Ste 300 Winter Park Florida 32792CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (407) 681-7600
- Central Florida Kindey Center-East Orlando5 miles away401 S Chickasaw Trail Orlando Florida 32825Dialysis Stations: 16 (407) 434-8910