Life Care Center of Orange Park is in Orange Park, Florida, a city with a population of 71,690 people. This facility was given a superb overall rating of A-, making it ranked among the top three nursing homes in the city. You flat out can't do much better than this nursing home. This place's strong profile was highlighted by its inspection rating, which we will address in the next paragraph.
Life Care Center of Orange Park
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
To pair with its strong overall grade, we gave this place an A+ for our inspection category. Our inspection scores account for a host of factors found on a facility's inspection report. One of the most important criteria we consider is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Places with higher scores in this area typically have very few severe deficiencies. While this facility had a few minor dings on its report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones found in categories G through L. This means that the inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
On the list of its many elite scores, this nursing home was awarded a strong short-term care grade. In fact, we awarded it a score of A- in that category. In forming our short-term care scores, we quantify the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, occupational therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. The objective is to create a tool for sizing up the rehabilitation services of different facilities. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like this facility submitted information on registered nurse or physical therapist staffing. The last measure we looked at in this category is the number of residents that ultimately were able to return home from the nursing home. We found that 5.8 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about Life Care Center of Orange Park?
Long-term Care Quality
The third area we graded is long-term care. This facility was given a very positive long-term care score, with a grade of B+ in this area. When nursing homes receive a score in this range in this category it typically means it's well-staffed and is an overall good place to live on a permanent basis. In addition to looking at the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its patients, which is what we like to see. Pneumonia tragically can be a dangerous health condition for nursing home residents so we prefer when a facility doesn't roll the dice on this issue. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
The final category we analyzed proved to be this facility's worst category. However, even its lowest point would actually be a strength for many facilities. In fact, we gave it an above average grade of B in nursing. Our nursing grade is based on the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. We factor in both the levels of skill of those nurses and the quantity of hours spent with residents. This particular nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality measures and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home the country in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can frequently be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as employing a protocol of turning a resident more often.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Life Care Center of Orange Park Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Life Care Center of Orange Park, 9.08% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic indicates the percentage of long-term residents that developed new or worsened pressure ulcers . We factor in this statistic in computing our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Life Care Center of Orange Park, 2.82% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of residents that sustained a major fall. Falls leading to severe injuries are considered to be a measure of nursing care at a nursing home. Falls which result in injury are often the result of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Life Care Center of Orange Park, 1.81% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered to be a measure of nursing care . UTI's are often associated with poor nursing care. However, this datapoint can also be skewed for certain nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Life Care Center of Orange Park, 10.64% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients who are prescribed antipsychotic medication. Increased usage of these drugs may suggest that a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents in situations where such medications are not medically indicated. However, some facilities need to rely more on these medications due to an increased number of residents with dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Life Care Center of Orange Park, 21.27% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of patients who were prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are administered to patients experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Life Care Center of Orange Park, 2.33% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients demonstrating symptoms of depression. Higher rates of depression could be a sign a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Life Care Center of Orange Park, 94.94% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term patients that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Life Care Center of Orange Park, 13.07% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Life Care Center of Orange Park, 16.78% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of residents that remained mobile levels over time. Preserving mobility is often a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Life Care Center of Orange Park, 1.76 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. There is generally a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the overall quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Life Care Center of Orange Park, 16.78 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Life Care Center of Orange Park, 9.16 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to gauge short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Life Care Center of Orange Park, 78.49% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term stay patients that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Orange Park, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Orange Park, Florida has 6 other nursing homes
- Orange Park Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.14 miles away2001 Kingsley Ave Orange Park Florida 32073Voluntary non-profit - Other(904) 276-8500
- Nh JacksonvilleAcute Care - Department of Defense 4.67 miles away2080 Child Street Jacksonville Florida 32212Department of Defense(904) 542-7300
- Ascension St Vincent's Clay CountyAcute Care Hospitals 6.66 miles away1670 St Vincents Way Middleburg Florida 32068Voluntary non-profit - Private(904) 602-1000
- Ascension St Vincent's RiversideAcute Care Hospitals 10.43 miles away1 Shircliff Way Jacksonville Florida 32204Voluntary non-profit - Private(904) 308-7300
- Ascension St Vincent's SouthsideAcute Care Hospitals 11.35 miles away4201 Belfort Rd Jacksonville Florida 32216Voluntary non-profit - Private(904) 296-3700
- Baptist Medical Center JacksonvilleAcute Care Hospitals 11.55 miles away800 Prudential Dr Jacksonville Florida 32207Voluntary non-profit - Private(904) 202-2000
- Memorial Hospital JacksonvilleAcute Care Hospitals 12.04 miles away3625 University Blvd S Jacksonville Florida 32216Proprietary(904) 702-6111
- Uf Health JacksonvilleAcute Care Hospitals 13.49 miles away655 W 8th St Jacksonville Florida 32209Voluntary non-profit - Private(904) 244-0411
- Orange Park Kidney Center0.14 miles away2061 Professional Center Dr Orange Park Florida 32073Dialysis Stations: 17 (904) 276-3311
- Northeast Florida Dialysis Center2.07 miles away2141 Loch Rand Blvd #113 Orange Park Florida 32073CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (904) 272-7331
- Fresenius Kidney Care Orange Park North2.07 miles away2010 Wells Pond Court Orange Park Florida 32073Dialysis Stations: 13 (904) 264-1101
- Ara Collins Road Dialysis Center2.56 miles away6196 Lake Gray Blvd Suite 112 Jacksonville Florida 32244Dialysis Stations: 16 (904) 772-0933
- Fresenius Kidney Care Clay County4.4 miles away400 College Dr Bldg 400 Middleburg Florida 32068Dialysis Stations: 13 (904) 272-9514
- Fleming Island Dialysis5.46 miles away4575 Us Hwy 17 Unit 301 Fleming Island Florida 32003Dialysis Stations: 12 (904) 215-2476
- Jacksonville Westside Dialysis5.85 miles away5276 Blanding Blvd Suite 26 Jacksonville Florida 32210Dialysis Stations: 20 (904) 573-6405
- Normandy Village Dialysis Center9.06 miles away1584 Normandy Village Pkwy #29 Jacksonville Florida 32221CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (904) 781-7272