Life Care Center of Ooltewah is the lone facility located in Ooltewah, Tennessee. This is a well above average facility, with an overall grade of B+. We were so impressed with this nursing home that we ranked it in the top third of all nursing homes in the United States. This place's impressive report card was highlighted by its inspection rating, which we will address in the next section.
Life Care Center of Ooltewah
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Best Nursing Home in Ooltewah, Tennessee Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
One of the many reasons this turned out to be a quality nursing home is that it received an A+ inspection grade. This is simply as good as it gets in this critical category. Inspection grades are based on pieces of information located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities that excel in this category have few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these places generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. Fortunately, although this facility had a few minor dings on its report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those labeled as categories G through L. This tells you that CMS didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Keep in mind that deficiency-free inspections are uncommon in the industry.
Short-term Care Quality
We also awarded this facility a score of A for our short-term care grade. Our short-term care ratings are likely most meaningful for residents in need of rehabilitation services. Rehabilitation generally requires additional skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes not just nursing services, but also physical and occupational therapy, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we considered the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 6.1 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Life Care Center of Ooltewah?
This facility is also strong in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of B. It outperformed most nursing homes in this category. Our nursing rating is based on the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. We factor in both the levels of licensure of those nurses as well as the amount of time spent with patients. This particular nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well in the area of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
The final area we scored ended up being this facility's poorest area. Nevertheless, even in its weakest link we still awarded it a respectable grade of C for our long-term care category. For prospective patients looking for a permanent residence rather than rehabilitation, long-term care is an important category. In addition to assessing the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility administered the vaccine to 98.83721 percent of its residents. This place keeps its residents out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Life Care Center of Ooltewah Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Life Care Center of Ooltewah, 8.8% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of patients who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many experts to be a barometer of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are often the result of residents staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Life Care Center of Ooltewah, 3.44% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of residents who have had a fall leading to severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Life Care Center of Ooltewah, 3.08% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint is an indication of the percentage of long-term care patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. Although a higher rate of these infections may reflect poorly on a nursing home's cleanliness, it can be difficult to compare different facilities due to nursing homes having inconsistent reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Life Care Center of Ooltewah, 15.67% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. These drugs may be used for a variety of medical conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Life Care Center of Ooltewah, 29.51% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who are prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are used to treat residents experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Life Care Center of Ooltewah, 9.05% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients exhibiting depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Life Care Center of Ooltewah, 89.05% of Patients
This is the percent of patients that have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Life Care Center of Ooltewah, 16.44% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of patients that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
In Life Care Center of Ooltewah, 1.27 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Life Care Center of Ooltewah, 11.03 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Life Care Center of Ooltewah, 73.13% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of short-term care residents who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Some experts would argue this is a measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation services.
- Memorial Healthcare System, IncAcute Care Hospitals 11.63 miles away2525 Desales Ave Chattanooga Tennessee 37404Voluntary non-profit - Church(423) 495-2525
- Parkridge Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.19 miles away2333 Mccallie Ave Chattanooga Tennessee 37404Proprietary(423) 894-4220
- Tennova Healthcare-ClevelandAcute Care Hospitals 12.75 miles away2305 Chambliss Ave Nw Cleveland Tennessee 37311Proprietary(423) 339-4132
- Erlanger Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.11 miles away975 E 3rd St Chattanooga Tennessee 37403Government - Hospital District or Authority(423) 778-7000
- Chi Memorial Hospital- GeorgiaAcute Care Hospitals 14.98 miles away100 Gross Crescent Circle Fort Oglethorpe Georgia 30742Proprietary(770) 874-5400
- Kidney Center of Ooltewah-Collegedale, LLC0.67 miles away5483 Little Debbie Pkwy Ooltewah Tennessee 37363Dialysis Stations: 28 (423) 541-3450
- Kidney Center of Hwy 586.85 miles away4803 Hwy 58 Suite B Chattanooga Tennessee 37416CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (423) 468-3178
- Chattanooga Kidney Center7.18 miles away2118 Stein Drive Chattanooga Tennessee 37421CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (423) 648-4900
- Dci Hixson10 miles away1816 Hamill Rd. Hixson Tennessee 37343Dialysis Stations: 12 (423) 875-0020
- Kidney Center of Missionary Ridge, LLC11.14 miles away3810 Brainerd Road Chattanooga Tennessee 37411CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 71 (423) 486-9510
- Dci East Ridge11.33 miles away6104 North Mack Smith Rd. Chattanooga Tennessee 37412Dialysis Stations: 24 (423) 894-8133
- Dci Lyerly11.96 miles away2300 East Third Street Suite A Chattanooga Tennessee 37404Dialysis Stations: 26 (423) 698-6422
- Kidney Center of North Georgia, LLC12.29 miles away102 Erlanger South Drive Ringgold Georgia 30736CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (706) 820-6605