Life Care Center of Old Hickory Village is the only nursing home located in Old Hickory, Tennessee. We awarded this nursing home an A- overall grade, ranking it in the top third of all facilities in the nation. We really couldn't find many bad things to say about this facility. Its scores are just impeccable. This facility's strong report card was highlighted by its inspection score, which you can find in the next section.
Life Care Center of Old Hickory Village
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its strong overall grade, we gave this facility an A+ for inspections. Inspection scores are based on several pieces of information found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities that excel in this category have very few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these facilities generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even some of the best nursing homes receive an occasional ding on their inspection report.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility also was awarded a fine short-term care grade. In fact, this turned out to be this facility's second most impressive category score. In that category, we gave this facility a grade of A-. In determining our short-term care grades, we assess the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, speech therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. Our goal is to create a tool for comparing the rehabilitation services of different facilities. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. However, based on the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we assessed the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 6.6 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Life Care Center of Old Hickory Village?
Another one of this facility's impressive category grades came in the area of nursing care. We awarded them one of our better scores in that area, with a grade of B+. Nursing grades are based in large part on nurse staffing levels. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality-based metrics and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can generally be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as employing a policy of turning patients more often.
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we analyzed was long-term care. We awarded this facility a solid score in this category, with a grade of B-. Although this isn't as favorable as a few of its other scores, it is nevertheless not a bad grade. For patients looking for a permanent place to live as opposed to skilled nursing, long-term care grades are an important measure. Once we looked at the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we next considered the facility's vaccination data. This nursing home vaccinated 98.809525 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which is higher than most nursing homes. Lastly, this nursing home was also able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Life Care Center of Old Hickory Village Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Life Care Center of Old Hickory Village, 9.06% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic tells you the percent of long-term residents which are suffering from pressure ulcers. We find that pressure ulcers are a reliable measure of quality of care.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Life Care Center of Old Hickory Village, 3.4% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint is an indication of the percent of long-term stay residents which have experienced a fall which caused severe injury. This is one of the statistics we use in calculating our nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Life Care Center of Old Hickory Village, 3.28% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint is an indication of the percentage of long-term stay patients who sustained a UTI. UTI's could be a sign of poor nursing care. However, this datapoint could also be misleading for some facilities due to different reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Life Care Center of Old Hickory Village, 15.49% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This gauges the percentage of long-term stay residents which are given antipsychotic drugs. Increased usage of these drugs may indicate a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior in situations where such medications are not medically indicated. However, some facilities need to rely more on these medications due to having more patients suffering from Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Life Care Center of Old Hickory Village, 29.7% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic tells you the percentage of long-term care patients who were prescribed antianxiety medication. These medications are given to patients suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Life Care Center of Old Hickory Village, 8.67% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term patients demonstrating signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Life Care Center of Old Hickory Village, 89.63% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Life Care Center of Old Hickory Village, 16.71% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care residents who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and taking a bath. Many in the industry would argue this is a reliable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Life Care Center of Old Hickory Village, 26.22% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of patients that maintained mobility over time. Retaining mobility is usually a great sign for residents' well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Life Care Center of Old Hickory Village, 26.22 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is generally a correlation between staying out of the hospital and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Life Care Center of Old Hickory Village, 11.37 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Life Care Center of Old Hickory Village, 72.9% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percentage of short-term stay patients who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some experts argue this is a reliable measure of rehabilitation performance.
- Tristar Hendersonville Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.02 miles away355 New Shackle Island Rd Hendersonville Tennessee 37075Proprietary(615) 338-1000
- Tristar Skyline Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.59 miles away3441 Dickerson Pike Nashville Tennessee 37207Voluntary non-profit - Private(615) 769-2000
- Tristar Summit Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.24 miles away5655 Frist Blvd Hermitage Tennessee 37076Proprietary(615) 316-3000
- Metro Nashville General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.53 miles away1818 Albion Street Nashville Tennessee 37208Government - Hospital District or Authority(615) 341-4490
- Saint Thomas Midtown HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.86 miles away2000 Church St Nashville Tennessee 37236Voluntary non-profit - Private(615) 284-5555
- Tristar Centennial Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.17 miles away2300 Patterson Street Nashville Tennessee 37203Proprietary(615) 342-1000
- Vanderbilt University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.35 miles away1211 Medical Center Drive Nashville Tennessee 37232Voluntary non-profit - Private(615) 322-3454
- Tristar Southern Hills Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.07 miles away391 Wallace Rd Nashville Tennessee 37211Proprietary(615) 781-4000
- Fmc Hendersonville3.94 miles away230 New Shackle Island Road Suite 200 Hendersonville Tennessee 37075Dialysis Stations: 17 (615) 826-5848
- Fresenius Medical Care Goodlettsville, LLC4.11 miles away740 Conference Dr Goodlettsville Tennessee 37072Dialysis Stations: 13 (615) 859-2661
- Dci Madison4.38 miles away605 West Due West Avenue Madison Tennessee 37115Dialysis Stations: 26 (615) 865-7310
- Davita Briley Parkway Dialysis4.42 miles away1221 Briarville Rd Madison Tennessee 37115Dialysis Stations: 16 (615) 865-9363
- Rcg Madison6 miles away220 West Maplewood Lane Nashville Tennessee 37207CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (615) 870-1508
- Dialysis Assoc. Of East Nashville6.26 miles away1001 Riverside Drive Nashville Tennessee 37206Dialysis Stations: 12 (615) 226-2085
- Hermitage Dialysis6.28 miles away5530 Old Hickory Blvd Suite 18 Hermitage Tennessee 37076Dialysis Stations: 12 (615) 232-7219
- Vanderbilt Dialysis Clinic East7.83 miles away20 Rachel Dr Nashville Tennessee 37214CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (615) 467-4070