With an address in Sun City, California, Life Care Center of Menifee is the sole facility we found in the city. This is a fine facility. We awarded it an overall grade of B, which is a respectable rating. In our view, this place is a solid choice for quite a few people. This nursing home's strong report card was highlighted by its short-term care score, which you can find in the next section.
Life Care Center of Menifee
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
27600 Encanto Drive,
Sun City CA 92586
59.89% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
On top of performing well in its overall grade, this facility received even higher grades in the area of short-term care. It received one of our highest grades in that category with an A-. In computing our short-term care grades, we quantify the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, speech therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. The objective is to formulate a tool for comparing the rehabilitation services of different facilities. We weren't able to locate information on registered nurse or physical therapy staffing for this nursing home. Finally, we looked at the number of patients that ultimately returned home from this nursing home. We found that 6.5 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
In addition, this facility also excelled in the area of inspections, where it earned an B+. Few nursing homes performed better in this category. Perhaps the most significant factor we look at in computing our inspection scores is deficiencies. These deficiencies are found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places with better scores in this category most likely avoided the most severe deficiencies involving things like patient abuse. While this place had some deficiencies on its report, none were severe based on CMS' deficiency scale. We should note that deficiency-free inspection reports are uncommon in this industry.
Does this page answer your questions about Life Care Center of Menifee?
Adding to its profile, this facility also earned a grade of B+ for its nursing rating. This is a well above average score in this category. There are quite a few factors included in this category. Most of the subcategories reflect the quantity of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well when it comes to minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
Our final area is long-term care, where we gave this facility a grade of B- in this area. In the category of long-term care, we look at the quantity of services offered by a facility, rather than more healthcare-oriented services. After looking at the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then analyzed the facility's vaccination record. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its patients against pneumonia, which is higher than the vast majority of nursing homes. This nursing home also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Life Care Center of Menifee Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Life Care Center of Menifee, 7.45% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of residents that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are often caused by residents not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing protocols limits the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Life Care Center of Menifee, 1.7% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic indicates the percentage of long-term patients who suffered falls leading to severe injury. We use this statistic in calculating our nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Life Care Center of Menifee, 1.24% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections are associated with insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Life Care Center of Menifee, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure gauges the percent of long-term patients who are given antipsychotic drugs. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest a facility is using these medications to subdue residents in scenarios where such medications are not medically required. Nevertheless, some nursing homes may need to rely on these drugs due to having more patients suffering from Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Life Care Center of Menifee, 13.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients which are given antianxiety drugs. These medications are typically prescribed to residents experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Life Care Center of Menifee, 4.64% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term patients showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Life Care Center of Menifee, 95.44% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Life Care Center of Menifee, 7.92% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term residents that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and bathing.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Life Care Center of Menifee, 12.45% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents that remained mobile levels. Some believe that mobility is critical to residents' well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Life Care Center of Menifee, 12.45 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Life Care Center of Menifee, 9.83 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between reduced emergency room visits and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Life Care Center of Menifee, 79.79% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percentage of short-term care patients that experienced functional improvements.
- Loma Linda University Medical Center-MurrietaAcute Care Hospitals 7.46 miles away28062 Baxter Road Murrieta California 92563Voluntary non-profit - Private(951) 290-4000
- Southwest Healthcare SystemAcute Care Hospitals 11.2 miles away25500 Medical Center Drive Murrieta California 92562Proprietary(951) 696-6000
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital-Moreno ValleyAcute Care Hospitals 12.15 miles away27300 Iris Avenue Moreno Valley California 92555Voluntary non-profit - Other(951) 251-6000
- Riverside University Health System-Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.16 miles away26520 Cactus Avenue Moreno Valley California 92555Government - Local(951) 486-4000
- Hemet Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.28 miles away1117 East Devonshire Hemet California 92543Physician(951) 652-2811
- Temecula Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.39 miles away31700 Temecula Pkwy Temecula California 92592Proprietary(951) 331-2200
- Davita-Sun City Menifee Dialysis1.87 miles away1702 Illinois Avenue Perris California 92571CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (951) 928-1369
- Davita-Menifee Home Dialysis2.45 miles away29878 Haun Road, Suite 100 Sun City California 92586Dialysis Stations: 10 (951) 679-2396
- Davita-Lake Elsinore Dialysis Center7.67 miles away32291 Mission Trail Lake Elsinore California 92530CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (951) 674-5050
- Davita-Murrieta8.4 miles away27602 Clinton Keith Road, Bldg F Murrieta California 92562CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (951) 679-7914
- Davita-Hemet10.74 miles away3050 W. Florida Avenue Hemet California 92545CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 39 (951) 925-9723
- Fmc-Moreno Valley12.11 miles away27420 Iris Avenue Moreno Valley California 92555Dialysis Stations: 25 (951) 242-9196
- Davita-Valley View Dialysis13.19 miles away26900 Cactus Avenue Moreno Valley California 92555CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 34 (951) 247-2844
- Davita-Temecula Dialysis Center13.33 miles away40945 County Center Drive, Suite G Temecula California 92591CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (951) 296-9744