Life Care Center of Longmont is a large facility located in Longmont, Colorado. Featuring an overall grade of A-, this is undoubtedly a high quality facility. This turned out to be better than many of the facilities in Longmont, which has a decent selection of facilities. This facility's impressive report card was highlighted by its inspection grade, which is addressed in the next paragraph.
Life Care Center of Longmont
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Best Nursing Home in Colorado Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Longmont, Colorado Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Colorado Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Longmont, Colorado Awards 2020
Registered Staff Hours
One of the many reasons this turned out to be a great nursing home is it earned an A+ in our inspections category. This is just about as good as it gets in this critical area. Our inspection ratings are based on pieces of information found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that score well in this category have few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these facilities generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. Unfortunately, we were not able to locate deficiency counts for this nursing home. Without having access to complete deficiency data for this nursing home, it was a challenge to grade it in this area.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home also was dominant in the category of short-term care, where we gave it a score of A. Only a select group of nursing homes performed better in this category. Our short-term care ratings are thought to be most meaningful for people needing rehabilitation services. Rehabilitation generally mandates higher levels of skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes not only nursing services, but also physical and speech therapy, as well as other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we assessed the percentage of residents that were able to return home from this facility. We found that 5.9 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Life Care Center of Longmont?
Adding to its strong resume, this facility also received an excellent nursing score, with a grade of A. In calculating a nursing home's nursing rating, we weigh the amount of time nurses commit to patients as well as the skill levels of those nurses. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well in the area of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
The final area we scored is this nursing home's worst category. However, even in its weakest link we still awarded it a respectable grade of B- for long-term care. For patients seeking a permanent residence as opposed to skilled nursing, long-term care grades are very important. After assessing the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we turned to the facility's vaccination data. This facility vaccinated 97.70115 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is more than the vast majority of nursing homes. Finally, this nursing home was also able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Life Care Center of Longmont Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Life Care Center of Longmont, 5.86% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of residents who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin caused by remaining in the same position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Life Care Center of Longmont, 3.47% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients that have had a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injury are often linked to lower levels of patient supervision. Additional nurse staffing can limit the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Life Care Center of Longmont, 2.14% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections are associated with poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Life Care Center of Longmont, 17.6% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure is an indication of the percent of long-term stay patients which were prescribed antipsychotic medication. Increased usage of these drugs may suggest a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior in scenarios where such medications aren't medically required. However, some nursing homes need to rely on these medications due to having more patients with cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Life Care Center of Longmont, 12.24% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric gauges the percent of long-term care residents receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Life Care Center of Longmont, 3.81% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents demonstrating depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Life Care Center of Longmont, 84.99% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for nursing home patients, making these types of vaccines important for resident well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Life Care Center of Longmont, 15.45% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Life Care Center of Longmont, 19.26% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of patients who were able to retain mobility over time. Preserving mobility can be a good sign for residents' health.
In Life Care Center of Longmont, 1.08 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Life Care Center of Longmont, 19.26 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Life Care Center of Longmont, 12.03 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Life Care Center of Longmont, 75.71% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of short-term care residents who experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Longmont, CO
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Longmont, Colorado has 4 other nursing homes
- Longmont United HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.8 miles away1950 Mountain View Ave Longmont Colorado 80501Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 651-5111
- Foothills HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.65 miles away4747 Arapahoe Avenue Boulder Colorado 80303Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 415-7000
- Mckee Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.84 miles away2000 Boise Ave Loveland Colorado 80538Voluntary non-profit - Private(970) 669-4640
- Medical Center of the RockiesAcute Care Hospitals 15.68 miles away2500 Rocky Mountain Avenue Loveland Colorado 80538Voluntary non-profit - Private(970) 624-2500
- Good Samaritan Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 16.13 miles away200 Exempla Circle Lafayette Colorado 80026Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 689-4000
- Centura Health-Avista Adventist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.52 miles away100 Health Park Dr Louisville Colorado 80027Voluntary non-profit - Church(303) 673-1280
- St Anthony North Health CampusAcute Care Hospitals 18.07 miles away14300 Orchard Pkwy Broomfield Colorado 80023Voluntary non-profit - Private(720) 627-0000
- Kidney Center on Main (Ara)2.02 miles away2144 Main St Ste 2 Longmont Colorado 80501Dialysis Stations: 14 (303) 485-8911
- Longmont Dialysis (Dva)2.06 miles away1715 Iron Horse Dr Ste 170 Longmont Colorado 80501Dialysis Stations: 18 (303) 485-4084
- Kidney Center of Longmont (Ara)4.3 miles away1960 Ken Pratt Blvd Ste A Longmont Colorado 80501Dialysis Stations: 20 (303) 485-7100
- Kidney Center of Frederick11.26 miles away5992 Iris Parkway Longmont Colorado 80504Dialysis Stations: 13 (303) 833-1381
- Loveland Central Dialysis (Dva)13.7 miles away1453 N Denver Ave Loveland Colorado 80538Dialysis Stations: 12 (970) 663-4607
- Kidney Center of Lafayette (Ara)14.46 miles away2655 Crescent Dr Ste C Lafayette Colorado 80026CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (720) 890-4661
- Boulder Dialysis (Dva)14.56 miles away2880 Folsom St Ste 110 Boulder Colorado 80304Dialysis Stations: 14 (303) 440-5600
- Loveland Dialysis (Fmc)15.35 miles away2940 Ginnala Dr Loveland Colorado 80538CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (970) 663-9155