Life Care Center of Littleton is an average-sized facility in Littleton, Colorado. This nursing home proved to be a grade A facility, which is a dominant grade. You flat out can not do any better than this place. One of the best aspects of this facility's exemplary profile is its short-term care grade. short-term care grades are discussed in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Life Care Center of Littleton
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Littleton senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to being a strong nursing home overall, this nursing home also excelled at short-term care, where it received a grade of A+. Our short-term care grades are probably most meaningful for individuals needing rehabilitation from their nursing home. Rehabilitation typically utilizes higher levels of highly-skilled nursing. This includes not only nursing services, but also physical and speech therapy, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we looked at the number of residents that eventually returned home from this facility. We found that 6.1 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
To complement its strong performance in other areas, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A- for our inspections rating. Our nursing score is primarily associated with a facility's nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can generally be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Life Care Center of Littleton?
Racking up yet another strong category grade, this nursing home also excelled in inspections, where it received a score of A-. Inspection grades weigh several factors, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these factors by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Amazingly, this was one of the few nursing homes in the country that had no deficiencies whatsoever on its inspection report. This is very impressive. You really can not go wrong with a deficiency-free inspection report.
Long-term Care Quality
In the last category we rated, this facility was given a very favorable grade of B+ in our long-term care category. With this score, the nursing home topped off a very strong report card. When nursing homes receive this kind of grade in long-term care it is a good sign for patient care and suggests that the nursing home is well-staffed with nurses and aids. Once we concluded our assessment of the quantity of nursing care, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination records. This nursing home vaccinated 96.40288 percent of its patients against pneumonia, which is an impressive figure. Pneumonia is often a life or death illness for nursing home residents so we strongly prefer when a facility doesn't roll the dice on this issue. Lastly, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Life Care Center of Littleton Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Life Care Center of Littleton, 4.49% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of residents that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are routinely caused by residents staying in one position for too long. Better nursing care reduces the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Life Care Center of Littleton, 4.32% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic gauges the percentage of long-term care patients that have suffered a fall which caused major injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls may be an indication of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Life Care Center of Littleton, 3.72% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered to be a measure of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely linked to worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this statistic can also be misleading for some facilities due to different reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Life Care Center of Littleton, 16.79% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications may be vital to many residents, it is important to make sure these medications are being used appropriately. In limited cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean that a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Life Care Center of Littleton, 11.54% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric gauges the percentage of long-term stay residents receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Life Care Center of Littleton, 8.46% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients demonstrating depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Life Care Center of Littleton, 98.2% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Life Care Center of Littleton, 19.91% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term patients that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and eating. Some believe that this is a reliable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Life Care Center of Littleton, 19.79% of Residents
This indicates the percent of patients who maintained mobility over time. Preserving mobility is often a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Life Care Center of Littleton, 0.01 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Life Care Center of Littleton, 19.79% of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term resident care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is key to restoring the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Life Care Center of Littleton, 13.98% of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is typically a correlation between fewer emergency room visits and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Life Care Center of Littleton, 88.86% of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percentage of short-term patients that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some experts argue that this is a measure of a facility's rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Littleton, CO
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Littleton, Colorado has 3 other nursing homes
- Centura Health-Littleton Adventist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.91 miles away7700 S Broadway Littleton Colorado 80122Voluntary non-profit - Church(303) 730-8900
- Swedish Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.64 miles away501 E Hampden Ave Englewood Colorado 80113Proprietary(303) 788-5000
- Centura Health-Porter Adventist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.91 miles away2525 S Downing St Denver Colorado 80210Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 778-1955
- Sky Ridge Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.82 miles away10101 Ridgegate Parkway Lone Tree Colorado 80124Voluntary non-profit - Other(720) 225-1000
- Denver Health Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.71 miles away777 Bannock St Denver Colorado 80204Government - State(303) 602-4930
- Rose Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.51 miles away4567 E 9th Ave Denver Colorado 80220Proprietary(303) 320-2121
- Centura Health-St Anthony HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.93 miles away11600 West 2nd Plc Denver Colorado 80228Voluntary non-profit - Church(720) 321-0000
- National Jewish HealthAcute Care Hospitals 11.96 miles away1400 Jackson St Denver Colorado 80206Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 388-4461
- Littleton Dialysis (Dva)0.92 miles away209 W County Line Rd Littleton Colorado 80129Dialysis Stations: 17 (303) 730-7540
- West Hampden Dialysis (Fmc)5.47 miles away750 West Hampden Ave #110 Englewood Colorado 80110Dialysis Stations: 12 (303) 789-5400
- Southwest Denver Dialysis (Dva)5.59 miles away8601 W Cross Dr Suite c2 Littleton Colorado 80123Dialysis Stations: 8 (303) 933-2367
- Englewood Dialysis (Dva)5.9 miles away3247 S Lincoln St Englewood Colorado 80110Dialysis Stations: 18 (303) 761-0600
- South Denver Dialysis (Dva)6.84 miles away850 E Harvard Ave Ste 60 Denver Colorado 80210Dialysis Stations: 17 (303) 744-0559
- Lonetree Dialysis (Dva)7.91 miles away9777 Pyramid Ct Ste 140 Englewood Colorado 80112Dialysis Stations: 12 (303) 662-0466
- South Denver Dialysis (Fmc)9.15 miles away3410 S Galena St Suite 100 Denver Colorado 80231Dialysis Stations: 13 (303) 671-2419
- Lakewood Crossing Dialysis (Dva)9.53 miles away1057 S Wadsworth Blvd Ste 100 Denver Colorado 80226Dialysis Stations: 22 (720) 962-6199