Life Care Center of Lawrenceville is a large nursing home located in Lawrenceville, Georgia. This nursing home received an A- overall, which is an elite score. We were not surprised to discover that this is actually one of the three highest graded facilities in Lawrenceville. The best part of this facility's strong report card is its inspection grade. Inspection grades are discussed in the next section
Life Care Center of Lawrenceville
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Top Nursing Home in Georgia Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Lawrenceville, Georgia Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in Georgia Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
One of the many reasons this turned out to be a quality nursing home is that it received an A+ inspection grade. This is simply as good as it gets in this critical category. Perhaps the most critical factor we consider in determining our inspection scores is deficiencies. Deficiencies can be found on a facility's inspection reports. Places with better grades in this category typically dodged the most severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even some of the best nursing homes receive an occasional ding on their inspection report.
Short-term Care Quality
We also would like to point out the fact that this nursing home received an impressive score of A in our short-term care category. Our short-term care scores are based in part on the nursing home's quantity of highly-skilled skilled healthcare professionals. This means a broad scope of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, in addition to other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we looked at the percentage of patients that who were able to eventually return home from this facility. We found that 7 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Life Care Center of Lawrenceville?
Another strong feature for this facility is that it received an impressive nursing grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of B. There are a number of datapoints included in this category. Most of the subcategories reflect levels of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well in terms of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
The last category we scored was long-term care, where this facility was awarded a grade of B-. While this turned out to be its worst category grade, this is still not a bad grade. For prospective residents in need of a permanent place to live as opposed to rehabilitation, long-term care is a very important category. Once we finished looking at the volume of care provided by nurses, we then analyzed the facility's vaccination data. We were optimistic to find that this facility vaccinated 100 percent of its residents for pneumonia. This nursing home was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Life Care Center of Lawrenceville Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Life Care Center of Lawrenceville, 10.37% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of patients that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a measure of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are often caused by residents staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Life Care Center of Lawrenceville, 3.17% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of residents that sustained a fall leading to major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Life Care Center of Lawrenceville, 3.19% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are routinely linked to facilities with worst hygiene practices. More frequent bathing can minimize the number of UTI's sustained by residents in a nursing home. We want to point out that this datapoint is sometimes skewed by the fact that nursing homes have varying reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Life Care Center of Lawrenceville, 18.14% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents that are prescribed antipsychotic medication. Excessive reliance on these medications may indicate a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior in scenarios where such drugs are not medically indicated. However, some nursing homes may need to rely more on these drugs due to an increased number of residents with Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Life Care Center of Lawrenceville, 21.34% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint tells you the percentage of long-term stay patients taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Life Care Center of Lawrenceville, 5.28% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Life Care Center of Lawrenceville, 93.36% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Life Care Center of Lawrenceville, 16.65% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of residents that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Life Care Center of Lawrenceville, 20.73% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percentage of long-term care residents who remained mobile levels. Some argue that mobility is vital to residents' physical and mental well-being.
In Life Care Center of Lawrenceville, 1.6 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric tracks the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Life Care Center of Lawrenceville, 20.73 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Life Care Center of Lawrenceville, 11.5 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Life Care Center of Lawrenceville, 69.89% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term care residents that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Lawrenceville, GA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Lawrenceville, Georgia has 4 other nursing homes
- Northside Hospital GwinnettAcute Care Hospitals 0.93 miles away1000 Medical Center Boulevard Lawrenceville Georgia 30045Government - Hospital District or Authority(678) 312-1000
- Eastside Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7 miles away1700 Medical Way Snellville Georgia 30078Proprietary(770) 736-2498
- Emory Johns Creek HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.51 miles away6325 Hospital Parkway Duluth Georgia 30097Proprietary(678) 474-7000
- Northside Hospital ForsythAcute Care Hospitals 15.77 miles away1200 Northside Forsyth Drive Cumming Georgia 30041Voluntary non-profit - Private(770) 844-3200
- Northeast Georgia Medical Center BarrowAcute Care Hospitals 17.21 miles away316 North Broad Street Winder Georgia 30680Proprietary(770) 848-8611
- Peachford Behavioral Health System of AtlantaPsychiatric 17.32 miles away2151 Peachford Road Atlanta Georgia 30338Proprietary(770) 455-3200
- Piedmont Walton Hospital, IncAcute Care Hospitals 19.06 miles away2151 W Spring Street Monroe Georgia 30655Proprietary(770) 267-8461
- Wellstar North Fulton HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19.07 miles away3000 Hospital Boulevard Roswell Georgia 30076Proprietary(770) 751-2500
- Rcg Lawrenceville0.63 miles away350 Philip Blvd Nw Lawrenceville Georgia 30045Dialysis Stations: 17 (770) 237-0013
- Dsi Snellville, LLC1.71 miles away3370 Sugar Loaf Parkway Suite a-1 Lawrenceville Georgia 30044Dialysis Stations: 13 (770) 225-0827
- Sugarloaf Dialysis1.71 miles away1705 Belle Meade Ct Ste 110 Lawrenceville Georgia 30043CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (770) 513-2833
- Nephron Corporation3.34 miles away605 Old Norcross Road Lawrenceville Georgia 30045Dialysis Stations: 21 (770) 513-0927
- North Gwinnett Dialysis4.09 miles away185 Old Peachtree Road Nw Suwanee Georgia 30024Dialysis Stations: 20 (678) 714-4941
- Fms Lawrenceville4.99 miles away1115 Herrington Road Lawrenceville Georgia 30044CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (770) 962-3546
- Bio-Medical Applications of Georgia, Inc.6.14 miles away3441 Fence Road Dacula Georgia 30019Dialysis Stations: 21 (770) 277-7313
- Davita Snellville Dialysis8.22 miles away2135 Main Street East Suite 130 Snellville Georgia 30078CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (770) 979-3117