Life Care Center of Las Vegas is located in Las Vegas, Nevada, which is one of the most densely populated cities in the country. Sporting an overall rating of B-, this looks like a respectable facility. Even in a city with 14 nursing homes, this facility should be a sound option. We were also pleased to find that this place was consistent in all four of our categories. Additional information about its category grades is available below.
Life Care Center of Las Vegas
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
6151 Vegas Drive,
Las Vegas NV 89108
86.96% estimated occupancy 1
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
To pair with its decent overall score, we awarded this facility a grade of A- for our inspections rating. This score is far better than its overall grade. Our inspection ratings are based on items located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that score well in this area have very few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these facilities should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. Although this facility had a few deficiencies on its report, none were serious based on CMS' scale. A few minor deficiencies are not necessarily the end of the world.
Short-term Care Quality
Additionally, we also wanted to draw your attention to the fact that this nursing home received positive short-term care marks this year. We awarded them one of our better grades in that category, with a grade of B. This proved to be the facility's second best score. With our short-term care grade, we attempt to craft a meaningful measure for rehabilitation services. In doing so, we assess the facility's offerings of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as occupational therapy. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like this nursing home provided information on registered nurse or physical therapist staffing. The last statistic we considered in this area is the number of patients who were able to leave the facility and return home. We found that 5.3 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Life Care Center of Las Vegas?
Long-term Care Quality
The third category we assessed is long-term care, where this nursing home was awarded a grade of B- in this category. For residents in need of a permanent residence rather than skilled nursing, long-term care is a very important category. In addition to considering the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility administered the vaccine to 97.00855 percent of its patients, which is better than the majority of nursing homes. This nursing home keeps its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Our final category is nursing, where we gave this facility a C in this category. In calculating our nursing scores, we factor in both staffing levels and the training levels of those nurses. This facility provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient on a daily basis. This figure is significantly below average. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this place surprisingly excelled in some of the quality-based metrics we looked at. It scored well in terms of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. Many consider these areas to be indicators of the quality of nursing care. In many cases, the quality of nursing care is as important as the number of hours of care provided.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Life Care Center of Las Vegas Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Life Care Center of Las Vegas, 8.06% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of patients who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a barometer of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are routinely the result of patients staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Life Care Center of Las Vegas, 2.08% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of residents who sustained a fall which caused severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Life Care Center of Las Vegas, 1.66% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of residents that have had a urinary tract infection. These infections are sometimes linked to poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Life Care Center of Las Vegas, 15.56% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic is an indication of the percent of long-term patients who are prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Excessive reliance on these medications may indicate that a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents in situations where such drugs are not medically required. However, some facilities may need to rely more on these drugs due to an increased number of patients suffering from cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Life Care Center of Las Vegas, 19.55% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic tells you the percentage of long-term care patients receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Life Care Center of Las Vegas, 2.25% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Life Care Center of Las Vegas, 76.14% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Life Care Center of Las Vegas, 14.91% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of patients who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's may indicate decline of a patient's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Life Care Center of Las Vegas, 17.97% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of residents that remained mobile levels over time. Preserving mobility is usually a great sign for residents' health.
In Life Care Center of Las Vegas, 1.38 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Life Care Center of Las Vegas, 17.97 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Life Care Center of Las Vegas, 9.39 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to assess the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Life Care Center of Las Vegas, 65.91% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percentage of short-term stay patients who saw functional improvements.
Scores for Las Vegas, NV
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Las Vegas, Nevada has 13 other nursing homes
- Southern Nevada Adult Mental Health ServicesPsychiatric 2.03 miles away6161 W Charleston Blvd Las Vegas Nevada 89146Government - State(702) 486-6000
- Mountainview HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.31 miles away3100 N Tenaya Way Las Vegas Nevada 89128Proprietary(702) 255-5065
- Spring Mountain SaharaPsychiatric 3.11 miles away5460 West Sahara Las Vegas Nevada 89146Proprietary(702) 873-2400
- Valley Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.85 miles away620 Shadow Lane Las Vegas Nevada 89106Proprietary(702) 388-4000
- University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4 miles away1800 W Charleston Blvd Las Vegas Nevada 89102Government - Local(702) 383-2000
- Summerlin Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.98 miles away657 Town Center Drive Las Vegas Nevada 89144Proprietary(702) 233-7500
- North Vista HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.81 miles away1409 East Lake Mead Blvd North Las Vegas Nevada 89030Voluntary non-profit - Private(702) 657-5504
- Sunrise Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.3 miles away3186 S Maryland Pkwy Las Vegas Nevada 89109Proprietary(702) 731-8000
- Five Star Dialysis Center (Dva)1.82 miles away2400 Tech Center Ct Las Vegas Nevada 89128CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (702) 869-3771
- Fire Mesa Dialysis (Fmc)2.07 miles away2450 Fire Mesa St Ste 120 Las Vegas Nevada 89128CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (702) 384-2242
- Las Vegas Dialysis Center (Dva)2.1 miles away150 S Valley View Blvd Las Vegas Nevada 89107CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 40 (702) 878-0908
- Northwest Las Vegas Dialysis (Fmc)2.33 miles away3150 N Tenaya Way Ste 110 Las Vegas Nevada 89128CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 14 (702) 233-8801
- Pelican Point Dialysis2.61 miles away7316 W Cheyenne Ave Las Vegas Nevada 89129Dialysis Stations: 25 (702) 395-0227
- American Dialysis Centers North Las Vegas LLC2.66 miles away4107 W Cheyenne Avenue North Las Vegas Nevada 89032Dialysis Stations: 31 (702) 383-9741
- Cheyenne Dialysis (Dva)2.89 miles away3291 N Buffalo Dr Las Vegas Nevada 89129CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (702) 396-1045
- Las Vegas Pediatric Dialysis (Dva)3.41 miles away7271 W Sahara Ave Ste 120 Las Vegas Nevada 89117Dialysis Stations: 4 (702) 227-3049