Life Care Center of Jacksonville is an average-sized nursing home in Jacksonville, Florida. This is a good facility with a B overall. This was right in line with the city grade in Jacksonville. You can definitely do much worse than this place. We were also pleased to find that this facility didn't have any weak links in any of the major categories. Additional information about these categories is available below.
Life Care Center of Jacksonville
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
On top of being a strong facility overall, this nursing home excelled in the area of inspections, where it earned an A-. Few facilities performed better in that area. Our inspection grades are tied to many items located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities that receive favorable grades in this category typically have few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. Fortunately, although this facility had some minor dings on its government inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you the inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. The fact that none of the deficiencies were severe made us feel better about this inspection report.
Short-term Care Quality
An additional quality feature for this facility is that it received a very positive short-term care grade. In fact, this turned out to be its second best category grade. In that area, we awarded this nursing home a B+. In calculating our short-term care ratings, we assess a nursing home's levels of skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists respiratory therapists and other types of therapists. This grade is considered to be a solid assessment of a nursing home's rehabilitation. It does not appear that this nursing home submitted information about its staffing of registered nurses or physical therapists. The last datapoint we looked at in this area is the percentage of residents who were able to return home from the nursing home. We found that 5.5 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about Life Care Center of Jacksonville?
Adding to its profile, this facility also earned a grade of B for its nursing rating. This is a well above average score in this category. Our nursing score is based on a handful of subcategories, many of which are tied to levels of nurse staffing. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well in terms of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
The last category we rated is long-term care. We awarded this nursing home a B- in this category. In our long-term care grade, we focus more on the quantity of services offered by a nursing home, along with some quality statistics. One of the criteria we considered in addition to nurse's aid hours is vaccines. Thankfully, this facility administered the pneumonia vaccination to 99.64158 percent of its patients. This place was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Life Care Center of Jacksonville Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Life Care Center of Jacksonville, 9.03% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a measure of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are routinely caused by residents staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Life Care Center of Jacksonville, 2.8% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of patients that suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in major injury are considered by many experts to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Falls are often caused by lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Life Care Center of Jacksonville, 1.82% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of patients that have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are often associated with worse hygiene protocols. Better hygiene protocols can minimize the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. Keep in mind that this datapoint is affected by by the fact that nursing homes have varying reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Life Care Center of Jacksonville, 10.99% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents prescribed antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications may be helpful for many patients, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used appropriately. In limited cases, excessive reliance on these medications may mean a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Life Care Center of Jacksonville, 21.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint tells you the percent of long-term patients who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are commonly given to patients experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Life Care Center of Jacksonville, 2.43% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who are exhibiting depressive symptoms. Increased rates of depression may imply a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Life Care Center of Jacksonville, 94.61% of Patients
This is the percent of residents that have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Life Care Center of Jacksonville, 13.17% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and using the bathroom. Some experts would argue that this is a measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Life Care Center of Jacksonville, 18.15% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of patients who retained mobility levels over time. Optimizing mobility is often a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Life Care Center of Jacksonville, 1.59 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
Measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. Avoiding hospitalizations is important to preserving the physical well-being of nursing home patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Life Care Center of Jacksonville, 18.15 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Life Care Center of Jacksonville, 9.19 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Life Care Center of Jacksonville, 77.65% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percentage of short-term stay patients who experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Jacksonville, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Jacksonville, Florida has 30 other nursing homes
- Ascension St Vincent's SouthsideAcute Care Hospitals 1.01 miles away4201 Belfort Rd Jacksonville Florida 32216Voluntary non-profit - Private(904) 296-3700
- Memorial Hospital JacksonvilleAcute Care Hospitals 2.66 miles away3625 University Blvd S Jacksonville Florida 32216Proprietary(904) 702-6111
- Nh JacksonvilleAcute Care - Department of Defense 5.79 miles away2080 Child Street Jacksonville Florida 32212Department of Defense(904) 542-7300
- Baptist Medical Center JacksonvilleAcute Care Hospitals 5.9 miles away800 Prudential Dr Jacksonville Florida 32207Voluntary non-profit - Private(904) 202-2000
- Ascension St Vincent's RiversideAcute Care Hospitals 6.6 miles away1 Shircliff Way Jacksonville Florida 32204Voluntary non-profit - Private(904) 308-7300
- Uf Health JacksonvilleAcute Care Hospitals 7.65 miles away655 W 8th St Jacksonville Florida 32209Voluntary non-profit - Private(904) 244-0411
- Mayo ClinicAcute Care Hospitals 9.82 miles away4500 San Pablo Rd Jacksonville Florida 32224Voluntary non-profit - Private(904) 953-2000
- Orange Park Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.27 miles away2001 Kingsley Ave Orange Park Florida 32073Voluntary non-profit - Other(904) 276-8500
- Dialysis Clinic Inc of Southpoint0.82 miles away11705 San Jose Blvd Suite 100 Jacksonville Florida 32223CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (904) 296-6362
- Kidney Kare of Jacksonville, Inc0.99 miles away4168 Southpoint Parkway Suite 103 Jacksonville Florida 32216Dialysis Stations: 8 (904) 332-8004
- Bma of Florida, Incorporated1.12 miles away5730 Bowden Road Suite 110 Jacksonville Florida 32216Dialysis Stations: 17 (904) 419-0273
- Taskett Dialysis, LLC1.87 miles away8021 Philips Highway Suite 15 Jacksonville Florida 32256Dialysis Stations: 16 (904) 636-9652
- Nxstage Kidney Care - Jacksonville2 miles away2777 University Blvd W #39 Jacksonville Florida 32217Dialysis Stations: 10 (904) 527-5322
- Memorial Plaza Dialysis2.49 miles away3901 University Blvd S #111 Jacksonville Florida 32216Dialysis Stations: 18 (904) 731-0247
- Fmc - Mandarin3.71 miles away9143 Philips Hwy Suite 110 Jacksonville Florida 32256Dialysis Stations: 16 (904) 538-0270
- Bma - Jacksonville4.84 miles away1944 Atlantic Blvd Jacksonville Florida 32207Dialysis Stations: 18 (904) 396-7203