Life Care Center of Haltom is a large facility located in Haltom City, Texas. We awarded this facility an overall grade of B+. A score in this range requires solid scores in most areas. At the end of the day, this nursing home is a solid choice for most people. Fortunately, this place didn't have any poor grades in any of the four major categories. Additional information about these categories is available below.
Life Care Center of Haltom
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for our inspections rating. Inspection grades weigh several factors found on a facility's inspection reports. One of the most important criteria we look at is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Places with higher grades in this category generally have few severe deficiencies. Although this place had a few deficiencies on its report, none were serious based on CMS' deficiency scale. A couple minor deficiencies are not something to panic about.
Short-term Care Quality
Among this facility's other achievements is its elite short-term care grade. We gave them one of our best scores in that area, with a grade of A. Our short-term care grades are believed to be more important for people needing rehabilitation services. Rehabilitation usually mandates more highly-skilled nursing. This includes not just nursing services, but also physical and speech therapy, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final datapoint we looked at in this category is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We discovered that 6.5 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Life Care Center of Haltom?
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home's next best category is long-term care. We awarded it a grade of B- in this area. This is essentially a middle of the road score in this category. In crafting our long-term care grades, we look at the facility's personal care services. One of the datapoints we considered after nurse's aid hours was vaccinations. Fortunately, this facility administered the pneumonia vaccination to 100 percent of its residents. This facility was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0.04 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
The final area we looked at was nursing, in which this facility was awarded a C. Even though this ended up being its worst category rating, this is nevertheless nothing to be ashamed of. We scrutinized the levels of nurses working for the nursing home, as well as the number of hours those nurses were with residents, in computing our score in this area. This place provides only 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient per day. This is a somewhat concerning figure which is well below the national average. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this facility actually excelled in some of the quality measures we looked at. It scored well in the area of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care. In many cases, the quality of nursing care is every bit as important as the number of hours of care offered.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Life Care Center of Haltom Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Life Care Center of Haltom, 7.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic is an indication of the percent of long-term care patients which developed new or worsened pressure ulcers or bed sores. We use this statistic in calculating our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Life Care Center of Haltom, 3.28% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of patients that sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injuries are considered by many experts to be an indicator of nursing care . Major falls are often caused by lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Life Care Center of Haltom, 1.64% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients that suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are often the result of poor nursing care. Additional nurse staffing can reduce the number of UTI's sustained by residents in a nursing home. Note that this statistic is sometimes skewed by the fact that facilities have varying reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Life Care Center of Haltom, 11.75% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients who were given antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic drugs are given to patients for many medical conditions, including cognitive disorders. Tragically, in some cases, increased usage of these drugs may mean that a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Life Care Center of Haltom, 22.77% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure tells you the percentage of long-term residents taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Life Care Center of Haltom, 4.66% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients demonstrating symptoms of depression. Higher levels of depression could imply lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Life Care Center of Haltom, 94.73% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for nursing home residents, making these vaccines critical to patient health.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Life Care Center of Haltom, 17.29% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care patients who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and bathing. Some experts would argue that this is a reasonable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Life Care Center of Haltom, 18.08% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percent of long-term care patients that were able to retain mobility.
In Life Care Center of Haltom, 1.58 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of care. There is typically a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Life Care Center of Haltom, 18.08 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between staying out of the hospital and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Life Care Center of Haltom, 11.87 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Life Care Center of Haltom, 66.73% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term stay residents who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
- Medical City North HillsAcute Care Hospitals 3.96 miles away4401 Booth Calloway Road North Richland Hills Texas 76180Proprietary(817) 255-1000
- Saint Camillus Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.62 miles away1612 Hurst Town Center Drive Hurst Texas 76054Proprietary(817) 519-3700
- Texas Health Harris Methodist Fort WorthAcute Care Hospitals 5.82 miles away1301 Pennsylvania Avenue Fort Worth Texas 76104Voluntary non-profit - Church(817) 250-2100
- Jps Health NetworkAcute Care Hospitals 5.94 miles away1500 S Main St Fort Worth Texas 76104Government - Hospital District or Authority(817) 921-3431
- Cook Childrens Medical CenterChildrens 6.03 miles away801 Seventh Avenue Fort Worth Texas 76104Voluntary non-profit - Private(682) 885-4000
- Medical City Fort WorthAcute Care Hospitals 6.15 miles away900 Eighth Avenue Fort Worth Texas 76104Proprietary(817) 336-2100
- Baylor Scott and White All Saints Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.41 miles away1400 Eighth Ave Fort Worth Texas 76104Voluntary non-profit - Private(817) 926-2544
- Baylor Scott and White Surgical Hospital FortworthAcute Care Hospitals 6.73 miles away1800 Park Place Avenue Fort Worth Texas 76110Physician(682) 703-5600
- Renal Center of the Hills1.65 miles away6331 Boulevard 26 Suite 200 North Richland Hills Texas 76180Dialysis Stations: 25 (817) 284-3343
- North Fort Worth Dialysis1.84 miles away3812 E Belknap Fort Worth Texas 76111Dialysis Stations: 13 (682) 647-0013
- Northeast Ft Worth Dialysis Ct1.85 miles away4121 Denton Hwy Haltom City Texas 76117Dialysis Stations: 24 (817) 581-1515
- Us Renal Care Tarrant Dialysis North Richland Hills3.35 miles away6455 Hilltop Dr, Suite 112 North Richland Hills Texas 76180Dialysis Stations: 15 (817) 485-8700
- Us Renal Care Tarrant Dialysis East Fort Worth4.08 miles away6450 Brentwood Stair Rd Fort Worth Texas 76112CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (817) 888-3015
- North Hills Dialysis4.4 miles away7927 Boulevard 26 North Richland Hills Texas 76180Dialysis Stations: 15 (817) 605-9861
- Fresenius Medical Care Se Fort Worth, LLC4.66 miles away3708 E Rosedale St Fort Worth Texas 76155Dialysis Stations: 13 (817) 413-0070
- Fresenius Medical Care East Fort Worth, LLC4.82 miles away1032 Sandy Lane Fort Worth Texas 76120Dialysis Stations: 18 (817) 429-1944