Life Care Center of Attleboro is a senior living facility in Attleboro, Massachusetts. This city has a population of 43,593 people. Featuring an overall score of A, this is without a doubt a phenomenal facility. In fact, this proved to be the number one rated nursing home in the city. Keep reading to see this place's category ratings, which also impressed us. You just can't do any better than a straight A report card.
Life Care Center of Attleboro
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
In addition to performing well in its overall grade, this facility received an excellent long-term care grade. In fact, we gave it a grade of A- in that category. Nursing homes that do well in this category typically provide residents with better supervision and stay on top of routine medical care. In addition to assessing the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home vaccinated 98.489426 percent of its residents, which is what we like to see. Pneumonia is too frequently a life threatening health condition for nursing home patients so we like it when a facility does not roll the dice on this issue. Lastly, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
We also wanted to emphasize the fact that this facility received an impressive grade of A- in our nursing category. Nursing ratings are largely based on a nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well when it comes to avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Life Care Center of Attleboro?
Short-term Care Quality
Contributing to its remarkable assessment, this nursing home also was given a dominant short-term care score, with a score of A-. Our short-term care scores are thought to be most meaningful for residents requiring rehabilitation from their nursing home. Rehabilitation typically requires higher levels of skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing means not just nursing services, but also physical and occupational therapy, as well as other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we considered the percentage of patients that were able to return home from this facility. We found that 6.4 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
Another impressive feature for this facility is its inspection grade. In that area, we awarded this facility an A-, finishing off its straight A performance. Our inspection grades account for several factors included in a facility's inspection reports. One key criteria we weigh heavily is the number and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with higher scores in this area usually have few of these severe deficiencies. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Life Care Center of Attleboro Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Life Care Center of Attleboro, 6.44% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage resulting from remaining in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Life Care Center of Attleboro, 3.62% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term patients which had a fall leading to severe injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls could be an indicator of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Life Care Center of Attleboro, 2.45% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of residents that have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are often linked to a facility with lower levels of hygiene. However, this metric can be misleading for certain nursing homes due to different reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Life Care Center of Attleboro, 18.96% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of patients prescribed antipsychotic medications. These drugs are used to treat a variety of conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Life Care Center of Attleboro, 18.8% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of residents given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are administered to patients suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Life Care Center of Attleboro, 1.95% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents exhibiting symptoms of depression. Some believe that this is a reliable measure of patient quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Life Care Center of Attleboro, 91.63% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Life Care Center of Attleboro, 15.18% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as taking medications and bathing. Many in the industry would argue that this is a measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Life Care Center of Attleboro, 19.01% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of patients that retained mobility levels over time. Retaining mobility is usually a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Life Care Center of Attleboro, 1.24 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. Avoiding the hospital is important to the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Life Care Center of Attleboro, 19.01 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Life Care Center of Attleboro, 10.9 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Life Care Center of Attleboro, 71.03% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term care residents that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
- Sturdy Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.33 miles away211 Park Street Attleboro Massachusetts 02703Voluntary non-profit - Other(508) 222-5200
- Morton HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.52 miles away88 Washington Street Taunton Massachusetts 02780Proprietary(508) 828-7000
- The Miriam HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.81 miles away164 Summit Avenue Providence Rhode Island 02906Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 793-2500
- Emma Pendleton Bradley HospitalPsychiatric 10.91 miles away1011 Veterans Memorial Parkway Riverside Rhode Island 02915Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 432-1000
- Rhode Island HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.07 miles away593 Eddy Street Providence Rhode Island 02903Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 444-4000
- Roger Williams Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.08 miles away825 Chalkstone Avenue Providence Rhode Island 02908Proprietary(401) 456-2025
- Our Lady of Fatima HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.31 miles away200 High Service Avenue Providence Rhode Island 02904Proprietary(401) 456-3000
- Women & Infants Hospital of Rhode IslandAcute Care Hospitals 11.32 miles away101 Dudley Street Providence Rhode Island 02905Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 274-1100
- Dialysis Center of Attleboro LLC1.37 miles away217 South Main Street Store 7 Attleboro Massachusetts 02703Dialysis Stations: 18 (508) 236-6041
- Attleboro Dialysis Center1.72 miles away111 Pleasant St Attleboro Massachusetts 02703Dialysis Stations: 13 (508) 226-0218
- Dialysis Center of Pawtucket6.45 miles away201 Armistice Boulevard Pawtucket Rhode Island 02860CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (401) 722-3313
- Taunton Regional Dialysis Center7.06 miles awayMill River Place 1 Washington St, Suite 9 Taunton Massachusetts 02780CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (508) 828-5986
- Nna - Pawtucket7.27 miles away79 Division Street Pawtucket Rhode Island 02860CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (401) 723-9995
- Dialysis Center of East Providence9.21 miles away318 Waterman Avenue East Providence Rhode Island 02914CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (401) 435-5200
- The Dialysis Center of Rhode Island Hospital9.54 miles away22 Baker Street Providence Rhode Island 02905Dialysis Stations: 18 (401) 444-4440
- Dialysis Center of Rhode Island Hospital9.6 miles away950 Warren Avenue Suite 101 East Providence Rhode Island 02914Dialysis Stations: 12 (401) 606-1002