Liberty Nursing Center of Colerain is an average-sized facility in Cincinnati, Ohio. We gave this nursing home an F, which is really a rock-bottom score in our grading scheme. If you aren't happy with this nursing home, you should be able to find another option in Cincinnati, as the city has more than 25 nursing homes. Surprisingly, we were able to give this facility some positive feedback for our short-term care category, which you can read more about below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Liberty Nursing Center of Colerain
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Cincinnati senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
While this facility's overall score was horrible, it actually performed well in our short-term care category. In fact, we gave it a B for that area, which is one of our better scores. This is one of the only positive things we could find to say about this facility. Our short-term care grades are arguably most critical for folks requiring a nursing home for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally mandates additional skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes not just nursing services, but also physical and speech therapy, as well as other types of therapy. We were not able to track down information on registered nurse or physical therapy staffing for this nursing home. Finally, we assessed the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 6.3 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
This nursing home received a grade of just D in the area of inspections. Unfortunately, this ended up being its second best grade. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in computing these inspection ratings. One critical factor is health deficiencies. We would pay close attention to the severity of those deficiencies. This facility was assessed 6 deficiencies by CMS. The only positive thing we can say is that none of its deficiencies were in the categories that indicate they caused a risk to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility also received 14 substantiated complaints in recent years. This is yet another bad sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Liberty Nursing Center of Colerain?
Long-term Care Quality
The third area we looked at is long-term care, where this nursing home was given an F. If you are looking for anything other than rehabilitation, you should take a close look at each nursing home's long-term care grades. One of the datapoints we considered in addition to nursing hours was vaccinations. Thankfully, this facility provided the pneumonia vaccination to 95 percent of its residents. To our surprise, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this facility had less hospitalizations than most nursing homes. Unfortunately, some of its other scores in this category weren't as favorable as these.
The next area we assessed was nursing. We gave it an abysmal F in this category, which is a very poor grade. The nursing grade includes a handful of factors, many of which are based on nursing hours. This nursing home provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident each day. This is an alarmingly low total. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing scores. This nursing home performed well in terms of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. Many consider these statistics to be reliable measures of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Liberty Nursing Center of Colerain Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Liberty Nursing Center of Colerain, 7.3% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric measures the percentage of long-term residents which have pressure ulcers. We've found that pressure ulcers are a reliable indicator of the quality of nursing care a nursing home provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Liberty Nursing Center of Colerain, 3.68% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients that suffered from a fall resulting in severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Liberty Nursing Center of Colerain, 1.34% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of residents that sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a measure of nursing care . UTI's are often associated with a facility with lower levels of hygiene. Nevertheless, this statistic may also be skewed for certain nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Liberty Nursing Center of Colerain, 12.59% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents who were given antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many patients, it is important to make sure these medications are being used only where medically required. In some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest that a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Liberty Nursing Center of Colerain, 21.99% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic tells you the percent of long-term stay residents who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are generally given to residents experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Liberty Nursing Center of Colerain, 21.39% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term residents who are demonstrating symptoms of depression. Some experts believe that this is a measure of resident quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Liberty Nursing Center of Colerain, 88.91% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Liberty Nursing Center of Colerain, 14.84% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with ADL's may indicate the erosion of a patient's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Liberty Nursing Center of Colerain, 12.66% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of patients who remained mobile levels over time. Optimizing mobility can be a good sign for residents' health.
In Liberty Nursing Center of Colerain, 1.43 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric tracks the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. Avoiding the hospital is critical to the physical health of residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Liberty Nursing Center of Colerain, 12.66 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Liberty Nursing Center of Colerain, 12.98 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Liberty Nursing Center of Colerain, 75.85% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term care patients that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Cincinnati, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Cincinnati, Ohio has 33 other nursing homes
- Mercy Health - West HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.31 miles away3300 Mercy Health Blvd Cincinnati Ohio 45211Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 215-5000
- Good Samaritan HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.69 miles away375 Dixmyth Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45220Voluntary non-profit - Church(513) 862-2646
- Mercy Health - Fairfield HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.81 miles away3000 Mack Road Fairfield Ohio 45014Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 870-7197
- Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical CenterChildrens 8.47 miles away3333 Burnet Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45229Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 636-3333
- University of Cincinnati Medical Center, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 8.59 miles away234 Goodman Street Cincinnati Ohio 45219Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 584-1000
- Christ HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.2 miles away2139 Auburn Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45219Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 585-2000
- St Elizabeth Ft ThomasAcute Care Hospitals 12.96 miles away85 North Grand Avenue Fort Thomas Kentucky 41075Voluntary non-profit - Private(859) 572-3100
- Fort Hamilton Hughes Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.29 miles away630 Eaton Avenue Hamilton Ohio 45013Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 867-2000
- Davita - White Oak Dialysis1 miles away5520 Cheviot Road, Suite B Cincinnati Ohio 45247CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (513) 741-1062
- Davita - White Oak Home Dialysis1 miles away5520 Cheviot Road, Suite B Cincinnati Ohio 45247Dialysis Stations: 4 (513) 385-3580
- Borrego Dialysis LLC3.4 miles away6909 Good Samaritan Dr. Suite C Cincinnati Ohio 45247Dialysis Stations: 15 (513) 353-0237
- Cinld, LLC3.74 miles away1555 Goodman Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45224Dialysis Stations: 17 (513) 521-2018
- Dca of Cincinnati4.17 miles away7600 Affinity Place Cincinnati Ohio 45231Dialysis Stations: 16 (513) 931-7900
- Davita Affinity Place Dialysis4.59 miles away7700 Affinity Place Cincinnati Ohio 45231Dialysis Stations: 17 (513) 521-0981
- Davita - Winton Road Dialysis5.3 miles away6550 Winton Road Cincinnati Ohio 45224CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (513) 591-2900
- Dci - Western Hills5.44 miles away6432 Glenway Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45211Dialysis Stations: 13 (513) 598-9050